Will Latu

On Latu's twitter page he had a picture of himself in an Arkansas State football shirt.  It is very possible that Gus has latu and Dyer coming with him to Arky State.  This is fwiw but I think this has some legs to it. 

Well, it is a Wolf eat Tiger world.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that FSU is trying to get Latu from us. Is he solid to Auburn?

On another thread it was said he has not kept his grades up and might not be able to get into Auburn... so no, he is not solid to Auburn anymore.

So, does Arky St. have lower standards?  Not making a joke, just don't know.  If he can't qualify for Auburn, how does he qualify for Arky St.?  Again, not saying Arky St. is as good as Auburn, but would figure that D1 athletes are held to the same standard for all schools.

So, does Arky St. have lower standards?  Not making a joke, just don't know.  If he can't qualify for Auburn, how does he qualify for Arky St.?  Again, not saying Arky St. is as good as Auburn, but would figure that D1 athletes are held to the same standard for all schools.

I think it is more of a case of Auburn's coaches worrying that he will not be able to keep his grades up where he could stay eligible. Different schools have different academic requirements. It is easier to get into gumpdykeU than it is Auburn. It is easier to get into Auburn than Vandy or Stanford.

He visited and only weighed 270 lbs. Not exactly what you look for in a Juco OT looking for immediate playing time in the SEC.

That makes sense. Brandon Moseley was about that size when he got here from JUCO, but he had the spring to work on gaining weight the way the coaches wanted him to.

Mosely was noy expected to be our starting tackle. Those were Ziemba and Greene. It wasn't until the MSU game when AJ went down that became the starter. We were/are looking for a Juco tackle that can start in Sept.

If Dyer and Latu go play with Malzahn at ARK St. they are going to have a super powerful offense. Especially if Aplin comes back. IDK if he is a senior or not but Arkansas state could upset someone next year

If Dyer and Latu go play with Malzahn at ARK St. they are going to have a super powerful offense. Especially if Aplin comes back. IDK if he is a senior or not but Arkansas state could upset someone next year

I think Aplin is a Junior, so he should have one more season left.

I think Aplin is a Junior, so he should have one more season left.

Should be VERY interesting to watch considering they open @ Oregon and then game 3 @ Nebraska......

I think we should move our discussion in another direction in order to show respect for Will Latu and family.  I hope he does good things on and off the field from this point forward. 

It's not good to discuss players grade issues on message boards.  Even if it is speculation or fact.

I think we should move our discussion in another direction in order to show respect for Will Latu and family.  I hope he does good things on and off the field from this point forward. 

It's not good to discuss players grade issues on message boards.  Even if it is speculation or fact.

I agree

Latu is a bigger loss than yeldon. He played a position of need and might've played immediately.

No he isn't. Yeldon is going to be a STUD.  Latu was very raw and needed to come in now if he wanted to play next season.  The coaches let him go, remember that.

Thanks for merging the thread that I posted! I wish Will Latu the best and I only started the thread for info purposes.  I wish him luck wherever he goes and I hope that he gets his grades up.  Time management is a hard thing to figure out when you are young and he will figure everything out.  I have the utmost respect for Will Latu! Shut it down if you want mods! WDE!

Archived