Will Latu

Kudos to all those who recognized the potential in this guy. How was WVU tipped off as to his potential? I look forward to his development with Coach Grimes.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/217943/will-latu

The link is to some highlight videos. You may have to download the video player

He needs to teach the team the Sipi Tau. I saw the All Blacks do the Haka and the reaction of the crowd... lets just say it is a very close second to seeing the eagle fly.

I've played rugby against Kiwi teams, when they've done the haka at the beginning at the game and it can be pretty intimidating. It definitely gets both sides fired up.

Great talent, attitude and work ethic!  Just what Auburn needs, another Auburn man.  Welcome to the Auburn family Will and War Eagle.  Very excited about this commit.

Wow... This guy is Willie Andersonique IMO. Huge man, good feet and strong as an ox. War Eagle

I see that he is slotted as an OT, but could his future be in the interior as a guard? 

We have enough Guards. We need tackles. lol

It is always great to have big men that will block and help carry on the tradition of Running Back U!  We need to become "Big Fast Blocking U"!  By the way, will he come in as a junior or sophomore? I hope his grades are there or very close to being there.

WDE!!!

Doc in the Box!

It is always great to have big men that will block and help carry on the tradition of Running Back U!  We need to become "Big Fast Blocking U"!  By the way, will he come in as a junior or sophomore? I hope his grades are there or very close to being there.

WDE!!!

Doc in the Box!

He will be a junior at Auburn, have 2 to play 2, and will more than likely graduate juco in the spring.

In watching his highlights, I saw numerous times that at the end of the play he would be at the pile picking up the running back or quarterback---seems like he will be a great team player.  :wedance:

Kudos to all those who recognized the potential in this guy. How was WVU tipped off as to his potential? I look forward to his development with Coach Grimes.

WVU had signed another player out of COC, so they have an existing relationship with the coaches there. That's how they knew about Latu. Other than that, he was a "hot prospect" on his own just by his play last year, and as I said before, he already had accumulated 15+ offers in a VERY short period of time.

WDE!!!

Doc in the Box!

THIS vvv..... Latu will be a redshirt junior when he gets to AU.

Latu says that there is a slim chance that he could be done by Dec, and that he would love for that to be the case, so that he could come to AU in Jan... but more-than-likely he will have to wait until the spring to graduate. There are, however, NO issues with his "academics". He was a full qualifier even out of HS. He just didn't have ANY interest from any D-1 schools since he had only played football for less than a year at the time. It wasn't until this past year at COC that he even got "noticed", and judging by the fact that he had accumulated 15 offers in that little amount of time and the fact that the AU coaches are willing to take him even though he probably won't get to AU until the Spring AND he will only have 2 years to play 2... he must have an ENORMOUS upside.

If he was eligible coming out of High School, why is he not eligible to transfer to Auburn right now?

I'm not sure about this, and I wondered it as well. There may be a rule against it, and I'm pretty sure that if he did, he'd have to sit out this year. So I would venture to guess that the AU coaches would rather have him play at COC this season, instead of sitting out a year, since he has only played one season of HS football and one season of JUCO football in his whole life. If he continues at the same progression level that he's been on, then he should be ready to go at AU (talent/maturity level-wise) next year.

If he was eligible coming out of High School, why is he not eligible to transfer to Auburn right now?

He is in JUCO and to move up you have to graduate.

Is this the same guy. If so he used to play RB in high school. That would be pretty cool if he has RB feet. Can put him back there on goal line stances like the Chicago Bears used to do with the Fridge.

Is this the same guy. If so he used to play RB in high school. That would be pretty cool if he has RB feet. Can put him back there on goal line stances like the Chicago Bears used to do with the Fridge.

No it's not. He says he got started in football early in the video but our Will Latu didn't start playing football until his senior year of high school.

Archived