Will Latu

If that's the case, then I stand corrected. However, that also means that the coaches really, really like Latu since he won't be graduating early.

Latu says that there is a slim chance that he could be done by Dec, and that he would love for that to be the case, so that he could come to AU in Jan... but more-than-likely he will have to wait until the spring to graduate. There are, however, NO issues with his "academics". He was a full qualifier even out of HS. He just didn't have ANY interest from any D-1 schools since he had only played football for less than a year at the time. It wasn't until this past year at COC that he even got "noticed", and judging by the fact that he had accumulated 15 offers in that little amount of time and the fact that the AU coaches are willing to take him even though he probably won't get to AU until the Spring AND he will only have 2 years to play 2... he must have an ENORMOUS upside. I know one thing... I'm hoping that Latu, who is of "Tongan descent", can hopefully teach the AU team to do

... aka "Tongan War Dance".

wow the Tongan war dance is very sheek. After the team does the war dance they can all break it down with the lutzie before the kickoff and we ready for war.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow the Tongan war dance is very sheek. After the team does the war dance they can all break it down with the lutzie before the kickoff and we ready for war.

Isn't this the same dance that the Hawaii players do before the game?

:we:

If that's the case, then I stand corrected. However, that also means that the coaches really, really like Latu since he won't be graduating early.

Latu says that there is a slim chance that he could be done by Dec, and that he would love for that to be the case, so that he could come to AU in Jan... but more-than-likely he will have to wait until the spring to graduate. There are, however, NO issues with his "academics". He was a full qualifier even out of HS. He just didn't have ANY interest from any D-1 schools since he had only played football for less than a year at the time. It wasn't until this past year at COC that he even got "noticed", and judging by the fact that he had accumulated 15 offers in that little amount of time and the fact that the AU coaches are willing to take him even though he probably won't get to AU until the Spring AND he will only have 2 years to play 2... he must have an ENORMOUS upside. I know one thing... I'm hoping that Latu, who is of "Tongan descent", can hopefully teach the AU team to do

What's sheek?  :dunno:

I think they make razors for shaving.

Possibly a misspelling; It's metrosexual-speak for "cool", "hot", or "trendy"...often heard by wannabe designers with lisps on TLC and HGTV.

Isn't this the same dance that the Hawaii players do before the game?

:we:

I believe it is.  Also, they are the only team that can get away with it, as it was brought up as being a potential sportsmanship violation a few years back, but was given a pass because it was a cultural thing for the Hawaiian team.

Possibly a misspelling; It's metrosexual-speak for "cool", "hot", or "trendy"...often heard by wannabe designers with lisps on TLC and HGTV.

I think both you and he mean chic.    :)       

No, pretty sure he meant

6a00d83451b26169e20134849ebedd970c-800wi

tdau:

: :we:ZZ Top met a sheek once at Moshambeak... :wareagle:

No, pretty sure he meant

6a00d83451b26169e20134849ebedd970c-800wi

Ohhh...sheik! :)

Doesn't seem right without Nikolai Volkoff in the pic ...

That's cuz most people don't know He was the world champion before Hulk Hogan beat him yo win his first World Championship Belt.

Doesn't seem right without Nikolai Volkoff in the pic ...

That's cuz most people don't know He was the world champion before Hulk Hogan beat him yo win his first World Championship Belt.

I'm not sure that is right. I saw a piece on Andre the Giant. Hulk beat Andre to win the belt. Andre was getting to where it was really hard for him to get around. Andre was supposed to lose, but apparently with Andre you never knew if he would follow the script or not. Hulk picked Andre up and body slammed to win the belt. Hulk pulled all kinds of muscles in his stomach and ribs picking Andre up. I think Hulk was with Vince Mcmahon's(sp) company first which is where he won that belt, before he went to Atlanta and TBS. This was not long after the Rocky movie he was in, which put Hulk on the map. Hulk then went back to Mcmahon's company when the Atlanta based one went belly up. I can't for the life of me remember the Atlanta based one's name. I grew up watching that a lot more than Mcmahon's company. Junk Yard Dog baby, may he rest in piece!!!

P.S.  True story.....and this is why I never liked Rick Flair....

Rick was the "Million Dollar Man" flying around in private jets and wearing Liberace style robes talking how he lived the high life all the time. I know it was all for show, but.......I grew up in Northwest Florida. The only college stuff you could get around here was UF and FSU crap. My Dad's birthday was coming up and I wanted to get him an Auburn cap and shirt. One Saturday I drove up to Dothan to get him some stuff. I was 16 or 17 at the time. I am on the Circle in Dothan behind this ugly green Chevy Chevette with a Hertz rent-a-car sticker on the bumper. I am behind this person for several red lights and he is going as slow as an old grandma. I get tired of this and make my move to the other lane trying to beat the light before it turns red. I get in the other lane but the light turns red before I can get through it. Here I am sitting next to Mr. rented Chevy Chevette so I look over to see how old pokey is. Well sure as sh*# there is Rick Flair driving that car. In the back window there is a light blue shirt with the wrestling insignia where the pocket should be. He looked over at me and I couldn'e help but to start laughing about that. Old Nature Boy or Million Dollar Man, which he went by both then, driving an ugly arse green Chevy Chevette rent-a-car. I never saw him in the same light again. Even when he really hit it big and made tons of coin.

When Hluk beat Andre it was the 2nd or 3rd time Hogan won the belt. It was Andre's first and only world heavyweight title.

• 1 month later...

NICE, highest rated OL in JUCO. And look at the only other JUCO player we are recruiting... that would be number 1 ;)

I think he ends up at tenn.

What makes you think that?

I think he's referring to CP, because him favoring UT was the last I've read on him. Pretty sure Latu shut down his recruitment.

NICE, highest rated OL in JUCO. And look at the only other JUCO player we are recruiting... that would be number 1 ;)

We are also going after Tavon Rooks. Who is also a four star OL

Archived