bammer jokes

JohnnyBGoode

Ok, it's almost time for fall practice to start and I want to go ahead and get my preseason smack talk on. Of course, being the All In Auburn fanatic that I am, I want to hear the best of the best and worst of the worst bammer put downs ever. Please hit me with some AUsomeness!

WAR EAGLE!!!              :zapbama:                          :beatmullet:

Honestly, their own self-proclaimed badges of honor make the best jokes!

"Roll Tide Roll..."--WHERE?  Why on earth would you choose that for your "battle cry"?  Think about it!  Hasn't anyone ever given them the "be careful what you name your kids" speech?  Come on!  People can write dissertations about where fans from teams nationwide have taken "RTR"!!!

"Class"--really?  According to whom?  Or is this a wannabe term of favor because of the multitude of Bama fans that have never gone to one? 

"The Bear"--reminds me of SNL's version of "Da...Buhrrs...Ditka..."

"Houndstooth"--the "style" that just won't die...all because of a HAT?

"Big Brother"--THAT's right, keep telling yourself that...last time I checked, DNA has to match where family relationships are concerned.  So far, Auburn's DNA is distinct enough, and may it always be so, to reject their attempts to capitalize on associating with the Jones'!

"The Capstone"--"It is known as The Capstone, a nickname that stems from a 1913 speech by then-president George H. Denny, who extolled the university as the "capstone of the public school system in the state." Really?   Well, here are some "explanations" given by some "Capstone Citizens"...

Re: How did the University get the name the Capstone???

Never say,''I don't know", tell her something if you have to make it up.,like the good recruiting stories!  (and like a bunch of other junk that has escaped their knowledge bank this year?)

I have a Nike T-shirt that says "The Captsone", someone asked me what that means? I told them it was the only party of the Campus that the Yankees didn't burn down during the Civil War!   (say WHAT?)

I don't know when the name oringinated. But the best stone goes atop the buiding to "cap" off the building, that stone is called the capstone. Alabama is the best and brightest university in the state so it is called the Capstone. (as evidenced by his wonderful command of the English language...)

Could go on forever, but it's someone else's turn.  The bottom line for me is this:  who needs a joke when you are one?  Thanks for starting this thread!!   :thumbsup:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Hey Toragirl!  ;D

I challenged one of my bammer frienemys to find a picture of The Bear wearing a houndstooth hat.  He agreed with me that they were all checkered. Go figure.

:zapbama:

Hey Toragirl!  ;D

I challenged one of my bammer frienemys to find a picture of The Bear wearing a houndstooth hat.  He agreed with me that they were all checkered. Go figure.

:zapbama:

Why, that fits Bammerlogic to a T!  Just like swiping the Atlanta Braves' A and putting "their own" spin on it...sort of like a recent post that "No, that's not Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, or anyone else in TTown Menswear.  They were LOOKALIKES!  Each one had one..."

:banghead:

Archived