Auburn Players in MLB

I'm an Auburn alumnus from '69 & '70 and have been living in Texas since graduation.  I find it very difficult to get info about Auburn here.  Does anyone on this message board know where I can find information about ex Auburn baseball players who are currently in Major League Baseball?  Or for that matter, football or basketball?

I am a rabid Auburn fan!

WDE

Thanks for the quick response.  This site has a wealth of information but you have to search by player to get to it.  I was hoping for a site that would simply list all Auburn ex-players who are currently active in the NFL and whom they are with.

WDE

Posted it in your other thread.

MLB.

MLB Players By College - Auburn

PLAYER            TEAM                COLLEGE

Josh Donaldson  Oakland Athletics Auburn 

Tim Hudson      Atlanta Braves    Auburn 

Clete Thomas    Detroit Tigers      Auburn 

• 5 months later...

Thank you very much, Mike.  I had given up on getting additional replies and just accidently ran across this due to boredom while waiting on football recruiting updates.  If I read this correctly Auburn has no active players in MLB.  Is that correct?

WDE

Actually David Ross and Tim Hudson are both on the Braves' active roster. Also, Chris Bootcheck signed with Detroit but I'd be a little surprised if he was on their Opening Day roster. Clete Thomas has bounced around the Tigers organization but I imagine he'll make another appearance in the big leagues before his career ends. Also, Josh Donaldson is on the A's 40-man roster.

Aside from those guys there a few players that are still bouncing around the minors or listed as free agents--but who will not likely make the majors.

Archived