Jesse Palmer

catch8185

I don't know if he works for ESPN or ABC but it seems like every time I hear him comment, he's bashing Auburn.  Is he just the one who gets picked to criticize us, or does he actually believe it himself?  I remember he didn't seem to give us much of a chance against the Neon Socks.  Guess he ate a little crow on that one.  This time he can't seem to fathom how we are ranked in the top 25.  Like being ranked in the top 25 in a preseason poll is all that big a deal anyway.  (I get sick of this 'because we lost Cam and Nick we aren't going to be any good' business too.  It's like these commentators and speculators have their heads in the sand regarding the program we're building).  When is Palmer going to realize this isn't the same Auburn he beat up on in back-up duty during one of my years there in the late 90's???

Jesse Palmer is trying to be how Kirk Herbstreit was about tOSU when he arrived on the scene in that he is bashing the SEC so it doesn't look like he is biased. Unless it is some obvious mismatch, Palmer will always pick against the SEC (unless it is an ESPN darling). People outside of SEC territory already think that ESPN bows down to the SEC (I hear about it from my brother in laws family all the time they just don't realize we are better). It is a business and the SEC fanbase only makes a fraction of the viewing population

*EDIT- I woudl like to add that I despise Jesse Palmer. You would think the only place you could go from his poor performance as a QB was up but he managed to go down further when he did the Bachelor and then walked into the cellar by being one of the absolute worst ESPN analysts. If he is going to bash Auburn at least have a good reason

we lost a hell of a lot more than cam and nick. i dont dissagree with jesse. i do want to prove him wrong, but cant argue with his logic. we barely won 7 or 8 of the 14 with cam and nick and about 20something others now we are without them. sounds bad.

Yeah, I heard Jesse's load of crocodile excrement he spouted about how Auburn is ranked too high. Lucky to get 6 wins? Really? Look, I get that the schedule is brutal. Really, I do. But this is the SEC. What else is new? Auburn wins 7, bare minimum. And even that would sting a little.

I still think we win at least 8 regular season, with 9 more likely. Call me crazy, but I like our chances.

Yeah he dont pick against the sec but yet he kept saying last year everytime the updykes lost they was the best one lost team in the nation then it was two and then three he  just  has crimison glasses on thats all

I wish someone would start a website that shows the sports experts and sites track record. Just to show their patterns and their biased trends. Once they have said what they think or bashed someone then it is proof they can't take back.

Palmer has been 2nd place everywhere he has been.

Too early to be complaining about where we are picked pre-season.  We know it's just about getting people involved in a discussion when there is really nothing to discuss.  Let's win a few of the early big games before we fuss about not being respected.

I wish someone would start a website that shows the sports experts and sites track record. Just to show their patterns and their biased trends. Once they have said what they think or bashed someone then it is proof they can't take back.

I'm with you on this one. I wish that there was shows more like what the NFL has.

Last year many of Jesse's peers did not mind being wrong. Nothing will change this year when the perception is AU we will be poor because of so many starters and stars gone. Let them talk and let our young TALENTED team with great coaches feed them crow. AU has an O Line coach (The best in the business IMO) working with some of the best lineman coming out of HS. We have one of the best WR coaches working with some of the best WR talent coming out of HS. We have some exciting Talented DL/DE who saw how the position should be played in 2011.

I could go on, but I am just as excited this year to see how this team blossoms. I can hardly wait to get this next version rolling. Should the inexperience be too much and we lose a few games because of it? OK so what. I will be looking for how they played the game. Did they leave everything on the field? Did they play as a team? Did they make progress as the season wore on? Did some leaders emerge? Yes I am stoked for this new team.

Guest jojo1515

Last year many of Jesse's peers did not mind being wrong. Nothing will change this year when the perception is AU we will be poor because of so many starters and stars gone. Let them talk and let our young TALENTED team with great coaches feed them crow. AU has an O Line coach (The best in the business IMO) working with some of the best lineman coming out of HS. We have one of the best WR coaches working with some of the best WR talent coming out of HS. We have some exciting Talented DL/DE who saw how the position should be played in 2011.

I could go on, but I am just as excited this year to see how this team blossoms. I can hardly wait to get this next version rolling. Should the inexperience be too much and we lose a few games because of it? OK so what. I will be looking for how they played the game. Did they leave everything on the field? Did they play as a team? Did they make progress as the season wore on? Did some leaders emerge? Yes I am stoked for this new team.

my sentiments exactly!! Well said!!!!

Let me bring out a observation that will make you think for a minute. Talent and coaching are two major factors that it takes to win. The mediots last year were saying that it wasn't a talented team. So they(by their own accounts) should have came away with the logic that Auburn has a top notch staff top to bottom. This year, they'll point to inexperience. When Auburn has a better than expected year, they'll point to all the young talent but still doubt coaching. Then if AU gets paired up against a good coaching staff, they will say Auburn will be out-coached.

If your point of view defies all logic then you have factored in bias.

It's not that I care. Now that I have recognized it, I find it funny.

Don't listen to a Canadian talk about football, they don't even know how long a football field is supposed to be.

Don't listen to a Canadian talk about football, they don't even know how long a football field is supposed to be.

:bow::laugh::bow::laugh::bow::laugh:

Jesse Palmer just did an exclusive on the Florida football program. I just throw up in my mouth. Talk about biased journalism

It makes it even worse that it gives the gators even more exposure than the absurd amount they already get

Didn't have time to read all the comments, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that we didn't get a rose from the Bachelor? 

I really could not care less about what these talking heads think about AU.  Jesse Palmer is not a journalist, he's an ex-player with a hair gel contract who wears Smedium shirts on TV.  Right now it is cool and fun to dogpile on AU...and the ESPN higher ups know this.  Let them bash AU and blow up the crimson skirts.  It'll all be decided on the field in a little over 3 weeks. 

Didn't have time to read all the comments, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that we didn't get a rose from the Bachelor? 

I really could not care less about what these talking heads think about AU.  Jesse Palmer is not a journalist, he's an ex-player with a hair gel contract who wears Smedium shirts on TV.  Right now it is cool and fun to dogpile on AU...and the ESPN higher ups know this.  Let them bash AU and blow up the crimson skirts.  It'll all be decided on the field in a little over 3 weeks. 

Great post! ;D:thumbsup:

Jesse Palmer just did an exclusive on the Florida football program. I just throw up in my mouth. Talk about biased journalism

It makes it even worse that it gives the gators even more exposure than the absurd amount they already get

this x1000000but I agree w/Dansby wait till we start cracking some heads on the field...shuts em up real quick

Didnt Palmer QB at Florida? Didnt Florida have Cam behind Tebow, only to transfer and all he did was win! Didnt Palmer pump Brantley as the next Tebow only to watch Brantley struggle? Makes sense to me.

Palmer=butthurt

Archived