Old Paul takes a shot at Emmert and the NCAA

pfoxdizzle

I absolutely detest Finebaum, but I agree with his article 100%.  Mark Emmert is in over his head and he has shown himself to be just as much a publicity hound as the rest of the PF's & DS's of the world.  I can't ever remember a past NCAA president that put themselves "out there" only look like a complete idiot at every juncture. 

I could only read part of it, then I started throwing up a little and had to stop.

For a man who fills cesspools up for a living, he should not be complaining about a man swimming around in one.

PF will never get it. Him and the vultures like him are just as much of the problem as Emmert or the schools. PF is like that person that watches you paint a whole room then says you missed a spot.

Not saying I wouldn't pee on PF if he was on fire, but I would wait for the flames to die down before I started. 

I could only read part of it, then I started throwing up a little and had to stop.

For a man who fills cesspools up for a living, he should not be complaining about a man swimming around in one.

PF will never get it. Him and the vultures like him are just as much of the problem as Emmert or the schools. PF is like that person that watches you paint a whole room then says you missed a spot.

Not saying I wouldn't pee on PF if he was on fire, but I would wait for the flames to die down before I started. 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest shirley4au9

Well said! :thumbsup::bow:;D

Paul Finebaum sounds like he has Mad Bammer's Disease.  Paul's buddy, Danny Sheridan, was shown up as the dishonest and unethical clown he is by the NCAA and Paul is mad as he77 about it!  I think Paul and Danny together came up with that bagman bs and scripted it for Paul's radio program.

PF and DS both have taken huge hits because of the OTL interview.  This PF article, along with DS's appearances with Dan Wetzel and Doyal (podcasts) and others, is proof that they, indeed, Jumped the Shark.  They are being ridiculed by most of their fellow media-types, simply because the NCAA publicly refuted their statements.  If you saw the OTL interviews, PF made a point to say that "many people down here believe Auburn paid Cam, and that the SEC Athlete and Coach of the Year votes are examples that many of those people are powers-to-be in SEC member institutions"!  All these accusations, without one feather of truth!!  Yep, boys, join Fonzie, on how jumping the shark worked out!!

Why waste perfectly good urine?

Well said! :thumbsup::bow:;D

Finebaum seems to be upset with Emmert because Emmert called Sheridan's hand on the "bagman" statements he had been making. I agree with other posts that this whole "bagman" crap was formulated by both Finebaum and Sheridan, and it has blown up in their faces. For Finebaum to continue to insist that AU paid for Cam Newton without one shred of evidence shows what a total fool he is---yet he says NOTHING about the T-Town Menswear situation where there are actual photographs that could very well be NCAA rules violations. Besides, I wonder how much longer it will be before one Nick Saban places a call to Finebaum to remind him that he---Saban---and Emmert are very close friends, and he doesn't need Finebaum poking a stick at that hornets nest. Once that happens, Finebaum will change his tune about Emmert and he'll become the greatest NCAA president in the organization's history.

Paul Finebaum sounds like he has Mad Bammer's Disease.  Paul's buddy, Danny Sheridan, was shown up as the dishonest and unethical clown he is by the NCAA and Paul is mad as he77 about it!  I think Paul and Danny together came up with that bagman bs and scripted it for Paul's radio program.

If you listen to Gregg Doyel's podcast with Danny Sheridan, Danny states that Paul told him to start stirring up stuff about the Cam investigation.  So yeah, Sheridan got duped by the puppet master.  And now Paul is mad because the NCAA called it out as the garbage it is.

Kinda pokes a hole in the "REC controls Failbalm" theory. They would not have allowed that little gem to post if they had to pre-approve it. Having a bammer homer spit in your face on a national forum can be bad for your overall "under-the-radar" profile with the NCAA.  Those t-town menswear pictures might get a second look now. It's just a bad idea to poke at  a lion through the bars with a stick, regardless of how incompetent or hapless you think the lion is. . . still a lion. :o

Finebaum seems to be upset with Emmert because Emmert called Sheridan's hand on the "bagman" statements he had been making. I agree with other posts that this whole "bagman" crap was formulated by both Finebaum and Sheridan, and it has blown up in their faces. For Finebaum to continue to insist that AU paid for Cam Newton without one shred of evidence shows what a total fool he is---yet he says NOTHING about the T-Town Menswear situation where there are actual photographs that could very well be NCAA rules violations.

++1

i dont get why sheridan is so mad about the statement released by ncaa. they agreed not to publicly talk about what they discussed and it turns out they did not discuss anything at all. if they did i missed it. i still dont know why sheridan bothered to meet with them if he knew he wasnt going to tell them anything, unless he was trying to collect info for his own use, which is exactly what the ncaa said. that is why they spoke because nothing was shared.

Bravo I laughed out loud well said

i dont get why sheridan is so mad about the statement released by ncaa. they agreed not to publicly talk about what they discussed and it turns out they did not discuss anything at all. if they did i missed it. i still dont know why sheridan bothered to meet with them if he knew he wasnt going to tell them anything, unless he was trying to collect info for his own use, which is exactly what the ncaa said. that is why they spoke because nothing was shared.

Just P F-bumb being his bammer self that he his.....

P would not make a good zit on a good college players butt....

I loved the little bit of journalistic spin he applied in this statement;

Of all of Emmert's recent missteps, perhaps, the most comical concerned Danny Sheridan, the sports analyst from USA Today. Sheridan created a stir recently saying he knew the name of the alleged "bagman'' who the NCAA suspects gave the money to Cecil Newton in order to get his son to Auburn. Emmert was asked specifically about Sheridan's claim on a radio interview and he signaled his organization would be interested in talking to Sheridan. The next day, an NCAA investigator contacted Sheridan through his attorney and the game was on, culminating in a one-hour conversation on Aug. 24. Before Sheridan hung up the phone with two NCAA officials, the two sides had agreed to keep the contents of the discussion quiet.

The article makes it sound like Sheridan is only claiming to know the name of the bagman.  Sheridan is also the one claiming the NCAA suspects a bagman but even through all this BS PF can't help but continue the lies.  Lots of people will read this and go away with the impression that the NCAA suspects Auburn of paying Cam. 

Just P F-bumb being his bammer self that he his.....

P would not make a good zit on a good college players butt....

PF is a wart on the arse of humanity!

JodyBro gets the "Picture Paints 1,000 Words Award" for this week.  Still smiling. 

Why don't you repost it...say 28-27 times? 

:wareagle:

Sports Illustrated decided to go in 'sports garbage business' and went out and got them their version of Thayer "The Liar" Evans. 

It will cost them eventually...

Archived