Where was Benton?

catch8185

I was looking forward to seeing him get some action.  Our WR's played great today, don't get me wrong, but was it that the other starting three or four were just doing so well, or was he sidelined for some reason?

Next week, we will see some catches from Lutzenkirchen, Blake, Stallworth and Reed (maybe 1 or 2 for Carr) I think Benton is our 5th guy on WR. Don't be surprised if Reed get a start over Carr this Saturday.  :we:

I think its time to stop waiting on D. Benton... He obviously isn't in the coaches plans. He didn't touch the field yesterday. He has been repeatedly passed on the depth chart by underclassmen since he got here. Thats all you need to know, really. Don't get me wrong I wish he would make an impact. He seems like a good guy from all the interviews I've seen.

I think its time to stop waiting on D. Benton... He obviously isn't in the coaches plans. He didn't touch the field yesterday. He has been repeatedly passed on the depth chart by underclassmen since he got here. Thats all you need to know, really. Don't get me wrong I wish he would make an impact. He seems like a good guy from all the interviews I've seen.

Per Andy Bitter via Chizik's teleconference: "WR DeAngelo Benton didn’t play at all Saturday. Chizik said plans had to be altered based on how the game was unfolding."

Thanks Tipper.  I saw him in one of the pictures of the game during one of the kickoffs posted on one of the sites, so that proved he did get on the field.  I guess it would have been hard to pull one of the other guys off since they were doing well.  I just don't even remember seeing him line up in one of the offensive sets evenghthough Troop had been saying he was going to get his chance.  Plus, we didn't run as many offensive plays.  (Well, we cut that short by running Dyer and McCalebb into brick walls on numerous plays).

Archived