On to Clemson....

greenaj1345162886

I was watching Talking Football on CSS tonight. They said Clemson is ranked 107 in the nation in rushing D. They have played Troy and Wofford and apparently those two teams ran all over them. That was nice to hear. Maybe we can run the ball and grind out some long drives both keeping our D and their O off the field.

I hope you're right, but I think Clemson, like us, is still trying to find their identity.  They're liable to come out looking like world beaters Saturday.  I guarantee one thing:  they'll be gunning for us after the way things went down last year.

You guys need to get their first two games out of your heads. Those two don't mean anything. They will be ready and they will throw everything at Auburn they have. Our boys will have to be ready for a real fight, because if they're not, they'll go home unhappy. I firmly believe we can beat this team, but we must come out to a strong start and keep up the intensity for four quarters. There are times with these kids where they just seem to not hustle nearly as much as in other situations. Maybe I'm way off, but it's almost like they've got an on off switch. I hope they keep that on switch going all game Saturday against Clemson.

I see this game from a different perspective. I think we will go on the road and come away with a very convincing win. I think MSU is a far better team than Clemson and it will show Saturday. I think we can win this game by 2 TDs or more. CLemson's defense will not be able to stop our offense for most of the game. However, we have faced 2 teams so far that have run offenses very similar to ours and the learning curve should be in our favor. I think a score of 35 to 17 in our favor is likely.

WDE!!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

I see this game from a different perspective. I think we will go on the road and come away with a very convincing win. I think MSU is a far better team than Clemson and it will show Saturday. I think we can win this game by 2 TDs or more. CLemson's defense will not be able to stop our offense for most of the game. However, we have faced 2 teams so far that have run offenses very similar to ours and the learning curve should be in our favor. I think a score of 35 to 17 in our favor is likely.

WDE!!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

Our D should certainly know what their O looks like. On the other hand, thier D knows much more about our O also. I have been looking forward to this game since I watched their spring game. Two O's that look exactly the same...I can't wait to see that!

I will be there and sitting with some Clemson friends.

Never been there.....any suggestions?

It is a GREAT place to go.  One of the most beautiful campuses I've ever been on.  The people are, in general, pretty friendly as well.  They pretty much are a sister school to Auburn, in terms of history. 

My wife's family are all Clemson fans, and we go a few times a year to a game.  She says to go eat at the Esso, and go down to Knickerbockers.  My advice is to go wander around the campus around the Quad.  It is a very peaceful, centered place.

If you are in the area for the weekend, go visit the downtown riverwalk area of Greenville.  Beautiful area, great shops and phenomenal restaurants.  You can also take a day-trip to my old stomping grounds in Rabun and Habersham counties in GA and do some outdoorsy stuff and wander around the mountains.

Dabo hates us with a Bammer passion. They will bring their A game and their fans will be hostile when we are on the field. We need to play our best game thus far to come out with a win.

No, I do not think they are as talented as Miss. State. However, they are at home, they will be loud and pumped, and they will pull out all of the stops against us. That my friends is a recipe for success. Ask this team what 87,000 screaming fans in your favor does to your psyche..

Any words on parking etc for the clemson game? Also have 4 extra tickets upper deck if interested.

If you are coming up I-85, take exit 14 and turn left.  Go about 5 miles, and you will turn left on Fants Grove Road, follow that forever until it deadends into Twin Lakes Rd, take a Right, then onto the Left Fork (onto Camp Road). Follow Camp Road and it merges into W Queen street.  It will deadend into Old Cherry Road, then turn Right.  

Take a left at the 3-way stop onto Cherry Road.  The 3rd right is Old Stadium Road.  Pass the golf course on the left.  Once you pass that, find any of the parking zones on the left.  There will be people parked on the sides of the road, but there are these little lower lots that always have parking.  Its not too far from the stadium, either.

This is where we always come in and park.  get there early and tailgate...if you show up too late, the police may turn you away.

The big factor, IMO, will be that this is the first road game for most of our young starters.  On the field communication will be much more difficult in that environment.  Our guys will have to adjust to that.   

That will be true for the Offense, but verbal communication for the Deffense should be much easier.  This could be a big benefit.

Take 85 North and take exit 19B.  :cool: I have really enjoyed visiting before the people there are very friendly. Of course, they were playing Georgia so I was on their side. The have a great French Restaurant W'Aff'le House.  ;D

Enjoy.

Clemson is under a new OC, Chad Morris, formerly with Tulsa where the Golden Hurricane were 13th in passing and 15th in rushing last year.

Key Players Gone:

OFFENSE: Chris Hairston-OT, Xavier Dye-WR, Kyle Parker-QB (baseball), Jamie Harper-RB (NFL)

DEFENSE: Jarvis Jenkins-DT, Marcus Gilchrest-CB, Byron Maxwell-CB, DeAndre McDaniel-SS, Da'Quan Bowers-DE (NFL)

thank God they are gone!

Take 85 North and take exit 19B.  :cool: I have really enjoyed visiting before the people there are very friendly. Of course, they were playing Georgia so I was on their side. The have a great French Restaurant W'Aff'le House.  ;D

Enjoy.

That was has tons of traffic, if you go that way just be prepared to hang out on US 76.  Remember, they have had 2 home games, but it was Troy and Wofford, and the attendance has been low.  We went to the first real home game last year, and the Anderson County SO hadn't quite gotten into the traffic flow swing of things. 

Be warned, traffic for this game could be really ugly.

Archived