Nice Lattimore Quote

watsontiger98

The hat didnt bother me, we have recruits that did similiar things to our rivals. Stephen Davis' role in his recruitmenet bothered me!

Yeah I too wish Davis would have lied and deceived Marcus into coming to Auburn

Don't really understand your post. I don't think anybody should have to lie or deceive any player in to coming to Auburn, especially to a RB being recruited by RB U.

Davis guided a young man to make the right decision for himself. He was honest with Lattimore and he gets lambasted by Auburn fans because of it, all Davis did was be honest with Marcus.

The thing is....Davis knows absolutely nothing about this staff. In fact Davis was here TWO staffs ago. That is my point. Again, no player we are recruiting has to be "lied to or deceived" in to coming to Auburn. Our facilities are second to none. You can get a quality education while being surrounded by beauty in a GREAT town. No need to do anything but show what we have to offer IMO. All you have to do is look in the NFL to decide if you can make it there by coming to Auburn, if that is your goal. I have no ill will towards Davis for being a part of it, but again what exactly does he know about this staff or USCe, in any way, for that matter? The truth is Spurrier got rid of Davis at Washington, after leading the league in rushing. I just took offense to the entire "Yeah I too wish Davis would have lied and deceived Marcus into coming to Auburn" post.

The hat didnt bother me, we have recruits that did similiar things to our rivals. Stephen Davis' role in his recruitmenet bothered me!

Yeah I too wish Davis would have lied and deceived Marcus into coming to Auburn

Don't really understand your post. I don't think anybody should have to lie or deceive any player in to coming to Auburn, especially to a RB being recruited by RB U.

Davis guided a young man to make the right decision for himself. He was honest with Lattimore and he gets lambasted by Auburn fans because of it, all Davis did was be honest with Marcus.

The thing is....Davis knows absolutely nothing about this staff. In fact Davis was here TWO staffs ago. That is my point. Again, no player we are recruiting has to be "lied to or deceived" in to coming to Auburn. Our facilities are second to none. You can get a quality education while being surrounded by beauty in a GREAT town. No need to do anything but show what we have to offer IMO. All you have to do is look in the NFL to decide if you can make it there by coming to Auburn, if that is your goal. I have no ill will towards Davis for being a part of it, but again what exactly does he know about this staff or USCe, in any way, for that matter? The truth is Spurrier got rid of Davis at Washington, after leading the league in rushing. I just took offense to the entire "Yeah I too wish Davis would have lied and deceived Marcus into coming to Auburn" post.

He was being sarcastic with the "lied and deceived" post.

It's all in the past, fellas. And, Auburn has gotten the best of the deal. Time to move on. WDE!!!

It should have read...

"We were going against a tough defensive line and linebackers," Lattimore said. "It was kind of hard to get some holes. Now that I look back at it, had I signed with Auburn, I could have split the carries with Mike and still had more rushes than I had today."

Of all the comments I saw from USCe coaches and players, he is the only one that gave any credit to AU for the win. To me that shows he has a lot of class. Chizik did the same thing after the Clemson loss. Before he talked about AU in the post game interview, he praised the play and coaching by CU.

I like Lattimore and think he is and will continue to be a very good SEC running back.

Davis didn't advise Lattimore on our staff or our facilities he simply told Marcus that he wished more of his family and friends could have watched him play while at Auburn and that resonated with a young man that has always been extremely involved in his community. Marcus asked Davis about the issue of distance and Stephen was honest, I for one am glad we have a representative of our university that is honest in situations like that, he did right by Marcus which is probably more than a lot of people can say about recruits in this day and age. Didn't mean to offend with my sarcasm.

Nicky,

Maybe it is just the dark personna and original homey handle you had that makes your answers seem more caustic.

You do  seem to be informed and  just  have a unique way of sharing that info.

Guest shirley4au9

The hat thing is not a big deal.  Tons of recruits play tricks with the hats.  It's just a little fun and I'm sure Lattimore was not trying to stick it to Auburn. It should be a non-issue.

I agree..

Nicky,

Maybe it is just the dark personna and original homey handle you had that makes your answers seem more caustic.

You do  seem to be informed and  just  have a unique way of sharing that info.

Yeah I can be quite sarcastic I've always been a sarcastic person and have always been surrounded by sarcastic people so I guess it's my nature. Sorry if I offend guys. As far as being informed I would definately classify myself as an Auburn nerd, as a freelancer when work slows down I spend a portion of my day reading Auburn stuff hahaha. This place is definately a great place to discuss Auburn!

Archived