Calm it down a bit...

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else with this loss but there are many to blame here.  Trotter missed a couple throws but also we made a couple easy drops that didn't help.  We scored 0 points from 2nd qtr on.  Benton had a awful game and Lutz had a couple untimely holding calls and drops as well.  Ugly loss but there is always next week. Florida is a VERY winnable game and I'm sure our coaching staff will regroup and get them ready for Florida. WDE!!!  :wareagle:

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else with this loss but there are many to blame here.  Trotter missed a couple throws but also we made a couple easy drops that didn't help.  We scored 0 points from 2nd qtr on.  Benton had a awful game and Lutz had a couple untimely holding calls and drops as well.  Ugly loss but there is always next week. Florida is a VERY winnable game and I'm sure our coaching staff will regroup and get them ready for Florida. WDE!!!  :wareagle:

How many of the drops were because they were thrown at mach 3?

I think his worse throw was one of his VERY few completions.  Wide open receiver, streaking down field, and has to stop and come back for the ball. 

And to think, I thought Chris Todd had a noodle arm.

Div 1 players gotta make those catches. I agree some might have been a bit hard but still, trotter is not totally at fault here.

That's not an excuse and Trooper will tell you the same. Their hands are strong enough to catch a ball thrown hard. That's why they use the weighted balls thrown from the juggs machine from 10 feet away

Div 1 players gotta make those catches. I agree some might have been a bit hard but still, trotter is not totally at fault here.

Agree, a D1 receiver has to make those catches.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually see some positives from this game.  I think our D has turned the corner and will continue to get better.  Our offense, unfortunaltely, is absolutely horrible.  90 yards inpenalties and 6 holding calls killed us.  I say it's time for Gus to make the move.  Let Clint and Kiehl split time.  I'm still a Trotter fan but the Coach has lost confidence in him throwing downfield and we have become one dimensional.

They kept showing Kiehl's parents in the stands and I could tell it was hard to watch at times.......but it will get better.  Kiehl is an absolute stud running the ball even when the pigs knew what was coming.

We will beat Florida. War Eagle!!! Penalties, dropped passe and turnovers killed us. But we will get better. :party:

The first holding call on Lutz was bullcrap. It just wasn't there and it was a drive killer.  :banghead:

We have a very young team. It is going to be a roller coaster ride of a season and tonight the coaster was on the way down. Lots of ball left. We just have to find a way to beat UF and get things going in the right direction again.

BUT can we or do we give Clint Moseley a chance to compete EARLY next week if Trotter is just completely "off" again?

I am fully aware that we are young (on both offense and defense) and were without 2 starting receivers; however, the Defense at least seems to be getting gradually more competent as the Offense has backed up dismally.

I am not blaming Trotter alone for the loss, but other college teams have swirched QB's in mid-season already and suddenly have improved dramatically. For sure Frazier may very well be the future and may have won the starting job had he been in Spring practice. But his best use now is as a change of pace to make defenses think rather than being a starter.

Nothing I have read specifically put Moseley at disfavor with the coaches. Does anyone here think that Moseley may get a chance to finally play more than a play or two at the end of a game? Just curious.

When you have a QB that takes on hour to make a pass what the H can you do. In 40 years I have not seen as bad of a game called on offese as I did tonight. What the H.......

QFT!

i'll have to say the offence looked better with kf running it. I thought gus's O was power running and timing passes, can't we run quick slant's and drag routes like everbody else and not try to throw 30 yds down field every time

That's not an excuse and Trooper will tell you the same. Their hands are strong enough to catch a ball thrown hard. That's why they use the weighted balls thrown from the juggs machine from 10 feet away

A little touch on the ball goes along way to help the receivers that are that great if you want to blame the receivers.

A little touch on the ball goes along way to help the receivers that are that great if you want to blame the receivers.

There is a time for touch and a time for zip.  D1 receivers have to catch zip when it is thrown. 

All I'm saying is that they're taught to catch the ball if it hits them in the hands. Trooper said the day he was hired that if the ball touches the hands it must be caught. That didn't happen tonight.

There is a time for touch and a time for zip.  D1 receivers have to catch zip when it is thrown. 

Exactly, he thinks that he needs to zip it every time.

Archived