Center Position

AuburnNTexas

Rob Chubb seems to be an enigma.  In others posts I see where one person says he is looking good another Poster disagrees. When I went on the official Auburn Web Site it says he played well both scoring and rebounding.

We really neeed a big man down low. Big man doesn't have to be dominant (if he is even better) but he can;t be pushed around. Koussai (sp) I have heard is a shotblocker and outside shooter but can he be a downlow presence, 

What is the prognosis for Auburn at Center this year. Can the current guys stop us from being dominated at this position and can we expect any reliable offense, rebounding, and shot blocking.

Koussai (sp) I have heard is a shotblocker and outside shooter but can he be a downlow presence, 

What is the prognosis for Auburn at Center this year. Can the current guys stop us from being dominated at this position and can we expect any reliable offense, rebounding, and shot blocking.

Willy Kouassi is long with great timing for blocking shots and is a good rebounder. He is light and is going to get pushed around until he can gain some weight. Other than dunking he really isn't a skilled offensive player and I don't expect much out of him on that side of the court.

The good news is we will be a lot better on the interior this year compared to last year but we still are going to have trouble in the half court against teams with elite big men.

Chubb has gained 20 lbs and up to 240 lbs, I think that will help a ton. Learning under Coach Barbee is also going to make a major impact on him as well. He is a Junior, I expect big things from him this year and even bigger by next.

Chubb looked good tonight at the exhibition game. You can tell he got a little bigger and worked on his post game. Made one really good pass too. Forbes looked good in limited time behind Chubb and Kouassi. Kouassi looked like a big lanky freshman center. He got some good game experience though and by SEC play I would expect him to be doing really well.

• 2 weeks later...

Chubb was solid in the opener, should be a nice combination with Kouassi off the bench.

Gabriel should have a solid senior season with Forbes another option in the post.

Two more big men coming in next year,  things are really looking up.

Who was that guy wearing Chubb's jersey in the opener...that couldn't have been Rob Chubb.  He looked confident, aggressive, and didn't freak out when they threw him the ball.  Kouassi just looked a little nervous, he'll be fine with a little more experience.  He played good D and got in for some rebs.

I really think this team is going to come together and surprise alot of folks this year. 

Archived