Why UGA being 13.5 point favorites is a joke...

JaxAuburnAlum

SIAP!!!!

I cannot believe Auburn is a 13.5 point dog to UGA!  Yes, I am biased being an Auburn grad, but seriously?

UGA has won 7 games in a row including 5 in a row against SEC competition. BUT, the combined SEC record of those 5 SEC teams they have beaten??

Ready?? 5-24!!!!

Ole Miss: 0-6

Miss State: 1-4 (Beat Kentucky)

Tennessee: 0-5

Vandy: 1-5 (Beat Ole Miss)

Florida: 3-4

Oh, and Auburn actually beat South Carolina…on the road.

I have to hear your thoughts on this.

I agree UGA has played a cake schedule. There is reason why they have the #3 D in the SEC BECAUSE THEY DON'T PLAY ANYONE! We have beaten all the same SEC teams they have, except UT and Vandy but both these teams aren't very good this year, and we beat USC. Our only losses are to teams in the top 10. Now the thing that worries me is that we have to play at UGA which not an easy place to win and Murray is a pretty good QB.Our D is going to have to play a great game and Mosley is going to have to pass more to open the running game. However, I find comfort in the fact that Lattimore ran all over them and we shut him down. I just hope Malzahn doesn't out smart himself on this one.

hard to argue with that logic Jax. add to that that they seem pretty overconfident and focused more on last year than the game to be played. I hope they keep believing all the hype and thinking AU will be as bad as Ole Miss. keep seeing ghosts every time someone mentions Fairley. keep worrying about everything but how youre gonna stop Dyer...seems like a recipe for an AU upset to me.  :wareagle:

I think the 13.5 is a bit much, but Im not surprised. We have been blown out in 3 of 4 road games this year. We took advantage of 3 gift INTs from Mr. Garcia in Columbia. UGA is very good against the run, and we are heavily reliant on the run game. If UGA makes us one dimensional, they SHOULD win by 2 td's at home. Everyone was up in arms about the 22 pt spread at LSU, and we all know how that turned out.

I am also perplexed by this point spread. A couple of other notes:

UGA has major problems on special teams.

They also have a problem with RB depth, since Crowell can't handle the workload of a full game and Samuel is out.

Malzahn has had two weeks to scheme for Grantham's 3-4.

Blake and others should be back healthy.

Bet the house, car, vacation house, businesses, children's education, etc. etc. on Auburn!!  ;D

I would, but someone suggested I make that bet for the LSU game, so now I'm down to a pair of soiled boxers and an empty cup to collect change.   Do you know any bookies that will accept that bet?  ;D

Bet the house, car, vacation house, businesses, children's education, etc. etc. on Auburn!!  ;D

I would, but someone suggested I make that bet for the LSU game, so now I'm down to a pair of soiled boxers and an empty cup to collect change.   Do you know any bookies that will accept that bet?  ;D

Darn, I just realized I hit my 100th post.  I was hoping to have some well founded, insightful comment that improves mankind for my 100th, and I waste it on a comment about soiled underwear and begging for change!  Can the mods move me back to 99 so I can impart my wisdom for the masses for my 100th?

:pcprobs:

Darn, I just realized I hit my 100th post.  I was hoping to have some well founded, insightful comment that improves mankind for my 100th, and I waste it on a comment about soiled underwear and begging for change!  Can the mods move me back to 99 so I can impart my wisdom for the masses for my 100th?

Just go into your "last posts" and delete one or two. 

Just go into your "last posts" and delete one or two. 

Nah just set your sights on #200

I have not read any analysis on the game and do not need to. I know what I have seen all year from our team. We have the talent and have been improving practically every game.

We are going to give thUGA everything they want and then some. Ritch and that retarded clown they call a defensive coordinator will get their team to try to start some fights I'm sure, especially when things are not going their way.

We will be fine and uga is about to have their hands FULL whether they realize it yet or not.

Well it scares me cause it looks like a sucker number to me. It looks to good to be true. On paper one wouldn't think the leg humpers should  be favored so much. Reminds me of Clemson vs Ga Tech. Tech was coming off consecutive losses and looked bad in both. Clemson looked like a gimme at -4. Didn't turn out that way. When the number looks out of whack it usually  isn't.

I think the 13.5 is a bit much, but Im not surprised. We have been blown out in 3 of 4 road games this year. We took advantage of 3 gift INTs from Mr. Garcia in Columbia. UGA is very good against the run, and we are heavily reliant on the run game. If UGA makes us one dimensional, they SHOULD win by 2 td's at home. Everyone was up in arms about the 22 pt spread at LSU, and we all know how that turned out.

i dunno. i think LSU being favored by 22 is a lot different than UGA being favored by around 14.  LSU is the best team in the country. ya, ppl were up in arms about it, but this is an auburn site.  i admitted in my post that i am biased, of course.  but, 14 is a ton to a team who hasn't beaten anyone. i am not saying we should be favored.  IMO, UGA should be favored simply because they are at home.  i think the game is a wash. apart from beating a sloppy USC team, we don't have any great wins either IMO. i figured UGA would be favored by a FG, not two touchdowns.

I've never bet on a game in my life, but I'm seriously considering jumping on this one. I think there's a good chance we win outright--much less with 13.5 points to play with.

The only UGA game that I've seen much of was against Florida. In the second half UGA seemed to completely give up on the running game yet they couldn't protect Murray in the passing game. Sounds like a good combo for our D. Not sure how many times Murray was hit or hurried but he went 15-34 passing and took three sacks. Seems like a blueprint to me.

I've never bet on a game in my life, but I'm seriously considering jumping on this one. I think there's a good chance we win outright--much less with 13.5 points to play with.

I'm with you... anyone know a good place to make this happen?

Well it scares me cause it looks like a sucker number to me. It looks to good to be true. On paper one wouldn't think the leg humpers should  be favored so much. Reminds me of Clemson vs Ga Tech. Tech was coming off consecutive losses and looked bad in both. Clemson looked like a gimme at -4. Didn't turn out that way. When the number looks out of whack it usually  isn't.

This exactly

I will say this, it looks like a huge number to me. I also thouth LSU -22 was an absolute lock. I lost my rear end and part of my wife's on that one. I will not make the same mistake again.

As point spread is what people are willing to bet  (yeah - U knew), not who's better or best...

that's good. 'Cause maybe there's a team, and not just lot of Georgia folks over looking  :aufb: (us).

Archived