Kinda Disappointed....

Auburntiger2012

All week ive barley heard anything about our game on saturday... i realize that mainly because of the Joe PA thing but i havent really heard anything on local radio or any of that... does anyone know any other reasons on why there is no publicity for this or are they just not giving AU a chance? :wareagle:

I think it is a mix of:

1) Penn State (the biggest reason by far)

2) Most people think UGA is the better team - they are favored by 14 points.

We need to come out and make a statement on Saturday by playing disciplined football.

It's JoePa. This is a swing game in the season for both teams. I think the jump from 7 to 8 wins is the difference between an average and a good season, and it will give Mosely a ton of confidence going into Bama.

For Georiga, if they win, they will probably win the East. It doesnt mean much considering the beating LSU will give them in Atlanta, but if they beat us they could very well be heading into a bowl on a ten game win streak, and if they win that they could end up in the top ten.

I think it is a mix of:

We need to come out and make a statement on Saturday by playing disciplined football.

^This

All week ive barley heard anything about our game on saturday... i realize that mainly because of the Joe PA thing but i havent really heard anything on local radio or any of that... does anyone know any other reasons on why there is no publicity for this or are they just not giving AU a chance? :wareagle:

After the Game of the Century there is no reason for any other teams to play football. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think the media wore themselves out on that game and needed a breather... and then the Penn State stuff hit.

I think it is a mix of:

...maybe we should jump out to a 14 - 0 lead in the first five minutes of the game...

I think it is a mix of:

...maybe we should jump out to a 14 - 0 lead in the first five minutes of the game...

Well considering we did that in 2 of our 3 blowout losses on the road this year... I just want to be ahead at halftime.

I think it is a mix of:

Well considering we did that in 2 of our 3 blowout losses on the road this year... I just want to be ahead at halftime.

:laugh: :laugh: that's right where i was heading, but id rather just be ahead at the end of the game. :thumbsup:

I don't know about all, but I like ugly being picked by 12+. If our our players and coaches are really pissed off with that, then all they have to do saturday is go out there and kick butt for 60 full mins and come back come to the Plains with a huge conference win.

I always get a little nervous when we get up 14-0 early.  Something strange about that score.

Yeah, the fact that it usually ends up being 14-14 before half time.  Hopefully, that won't happen again this year. 

Games we went up 14-0 early...and the end results.....

Miss. St.- won it by a half yard.....

Clemson- got our clock cleaned.....

Ole Miss- used strong second half to come away with impressive win

Did I leave anything out?

As a detached observer    ;),

I am looking forward to seeing  if we've learned to play with maturity and confidence in team assignments

and be aggressive and under control in our assignments.

As a homer,

WDE  :wareagle::wedance:  HEY

There hasn't been much talk of this game anywhere. Presumably, most seem to think that UGa is the better team. If you look at Auburn's road performances, they've given up 111 points and scored less than half that. Obviously, until they can show something on the field, evidently,  not many are willling to give Auburn any credit for being able to actually play with UGa as evidenced by the surprising spread. Frankly, as much as I love Auburn, were I completely honest, I'd have to say that Im somewhat from Missouri on this young team myself. The lessons of inexperience are hard learned but they are invaluable. We can all hope our guys have learned something about what it takes to win on the road this year. I believe Auburn has some nice young talent but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they're ready to win a BIG game like this on the road. However, a win tomorrow would be bigger than HUGE as it relates to gaining confidence for that big one at the end, especially seeing how they run the same 3 - 4 schemes defensively. Anyway, a quick glance at the history of this game suggests that our Tigers could shock the world and nobody would be happier than me if they did. WarEagle and heres hoping we see something tomorrow we haven't seen all year on the road in the SEC.

I think it is a mix of:

Bad sign jumping out early...we did that against Clemson. I would prefer we snatch the victory away from Georgia as the clock is running out. :yay:

Didn't we go up 14-7 on Ark this year? We were down by a TD at halftime.

Of course that pales in comparison to going up 24-0, winning 24-7 at halftime, and losing. At home.  :party:

I think it is a mix of:

Bad sign jumping out early...we did that against Clemson. I would prefer we snatch the victory away from Georgia as the clock is running out. :yay:

To tell the truth, I would love to see us just go out and DOMINATE a game from start to finish!  Seems like forever since we have done that!

:we:

I always get a little nervous when we get up 14-0 early.  Something strange about that score.

Let's just make it 21 or 28 points we get up early on them...but not 24!  :laugh:

Let's just make it 21 or 28 points we get up early on them...but not 24!   :laugh:

Well, see, we've gotta do it our way: fast. Mason runs a kickoff back for a score. Moseley finds his rhythm and picks them apart as they scramble to catch up to the scripted first drive. Dyer breaks double digit tackles rumbling to a long score. OMac hits a seam and goes the distance. Reed breaks a couple of tackles before hitting daylight and finding paydirt. Then, with about 7 minutes left in the second quarter, UGA pins us on the 1 after failing to get into range of a field goal, and the offense slows down, going methodically down the field, eating clock, yards, and first downs, and then letting Dyer pound in the final yard as the half expires. 35-0 at the break.

Yeah, I'm dreaming. But wouldn't it be cool?

Let's just make it 21 or 28 points we get up early on them...but not 24!   :laugh:

Well, see, we've gotta do it our way: fast. Mason runs a kickoff back for a score. Moseley finds his rhythm and picks them apart as they scramble to catch up to the scripted first drive. Dyer breaks double digit tackles rumbling to a long score. OMac hits a seam and goes the distance. Reed breaks a couple of tackles before hitting daylight and finding paydirt. Then, with about 7 minutes left in the second quarter, Bama pins us on the 1 after failing to get into range of missing a field goal, and the offense slows down, going methodically down the field, eating clock, yards, and first downs, and then letting Dyer pound in the final yard as the half expires. 35-0 at the break.

Bama?  You're two weeks early?

Well, see, we've gotta do it our way: fast. Mason runs a kickoff back for a score. Moseley finds his rhythm and picks them apart as they scramble to catch up to the scripted first drive. Dyer breaks double digit tackles rumbling to a long score. OMac hits a seam and goes the distance. Reed breaks a couple of tackles before hitting daylight and finding paydirt. Then, with about 7 minutes left in the second quarter, Bama pins us on the 1 after failing to get into range of missing a field goal, and the offense slows down, going methodically down the field, eating clock, yards, and first downs, and then letting Dyer pound in the final yard as the half expires. 35-0 at the break.

Bama?  You're two weeks early?

Yeah, sorry, got the names crossed in my head...was thinking about the "24" part. Do forgive me; it's my day off, so I'm not exactly sober right now. :P

To hell with a 14 pt lead, I want to see as many points in the first half as we can possibly score. if that's 60+ pts in the first half, so be it, No one is giving us enough credit or respect! They don't think we can hang with UGA, but what they don't look at is who has UGA played, so what they are 7-0 since starting 0-2 they have played the bottom feeders of the west...we already beat them, one of them really well. They should have lost to Vandy! let me say  that again, they should have lost to Vandy! perennial bottom dweller of not only the east but the SEC! UGA got their asses kicked all over the field the whole game, too bad Vandy's kicker kicked the ball straight instead of slight left or UGA would have lost the game they should have.

I can't wait to see Dyer, OMac, Lutz, Blake, and the rest destroy THUGA!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Archived