Another BCS Joke

AUinMS

Michigan, Stanford, and Virginia Tech in BCS bowls ahead of Arkansas. I'm not a Hog fan, but they lost to the 2 teams in the title game and was in both of those games late. They should have gotten an at-large bid. I don't know if there is a rule about 3 teams from a conference going to a BCS bowl or not, but technically the SEC does not have a team in a BCS Bowl. They have two teams in the championship game which under the current system is not a bowl game, it is an additional game on top of the bowls. I'm sure it is about equal money going to each conference, but the Hogs should be in a BCS bowl. The commissioner should raise h*** about that money not coming to the SEC.

There is a rule against 3 teams from one conference playing in BCS bowls, and it includes the Title game. I agree that Arkansas is deserving, though. Va tech is an absolute joke. They are outside the top 10 and got demolished 38-10 in the ACC championship game.

Thanks James. I suspected there was probably a rule like that, but didn't know for sure. Either way, a few teams and even one whole conference (Big East) are getting a BCS paycheck that they didn't earn.

If the "NO- 3 teams from same conference" rule was not in place then I can not only see Ark. being a BCS team but UGA as well. 

Thanks James. I suspected there was probably a rule like that, but didn't know for sure. Either way, a few teams and even one whole conference (Big East) are getting a BCS paycheck that they didn't earn.

The Big East doesn't have to earn their paycheck, they have an automatic birth.  This is the system we have, nothing anyone can do about it.  :banghead:

If the "NO- 3 teams from same conference" rule was not in place then I can not only see Ark. being a BCS team but UGA as well.   

UGA is not eligible to be an at large pick. SC would be the 4th SEC team.

The Big East doesn't have to earn their paycheck, they have an automatic birth.  This is the system we have, nothing anyone can do about it.   :banghead:

Well, other conferences must be sick and tired of shoveling money the Big East's way. The major bowls have to be upset when they have to invite a Big Least team as well--and in addition most years they make a non-AQ qualify for a BCS bowl. What I'm trying to say is that the BCS isn't working for most conferences or bowls right now, and I would anticipate a change coming. Most likely a 4-team playoff (termed a "plus-one" to make it palatable for university presidents) and an elimination of the AQ system of the BCS.

The Big East doesn't have to earn their paycheck, they have an automatic birth.  This is the system we have, nothing anyone can do about it.   :banghead:

Well, other conferences must be sick and tired of shoveling money the Big East's way. The major bowls have to be upset when they have to invite a Big Least team as well--and in addition most years they make a non-AQ qualify for a BCS bowl. What I'm trying to say is that the BCS isn't working for most conferences or bowls right now, and I would anticipate a change coming. Most likely a 4-team playoff (termed a "plus-one" to make it palatable for university presidents) and an elimination of the AQ system of the BCS.

The BCS is working for the Big 5 conferences. They will continue eating up teams from the Big East til the Big East does not have a BCS Auto bid. There will not be a change to a plus one system because that just opens the door for the SEC to rule even more and over time get a lot more money for the BCS conferebces. On the bleak chance there was a type of playoff someday the AQ system would be apart of it because the AQ system is here to stay/

Archived