Happy 3 Years to CGC!

DyeHardAllTheWay

Exactly three years ago from today, Gene Chizik was hired as Auburn's head football coach. While we're talking about new assistant coaches and important recruiting battles, I think it's important to recognize all that Coach Chizik has done here. He inherited a team completely uncertain of direction and purpose. In his short time at Auburn, he's given the team and the entire AU family a reason to be excited and optimistic. Most importantly, he has been the ideal Auburn man and has represented this institution with class. In 3 short years, we have brought home the crystal trophy and another Heisman trophy! Happy 3 years to you coach and I can't wait to see the many more in the future.

I hate to be downer but I'm willing to bet we are entering the dark ages.  Auburn's success has hung by a common thread these past three years (with exception of last year where we had Cam and Fairley to bail out that crap defense) and that thread was Gus Malzahn and now he's gone.  I enjoyed that one good year while it lasted.  If Tuberville hadn't of quit trying to recruit but instead chose to go hunting Auburn would still be enjoying that success but who can blame a man for burning out I suppose.

Entering the dark ages?  Auburn has had perhaps the three best consecutive recruiting classes ever.  I think the bright ages might be more apropos.

this

These OC and DC hires (and the assistant hires if needed) that are coming will go a long way in deciding whether this regime was just "one and done."

If Stoops comes as DC, great. Honestly, looking at where we are, we are on the brink of a big mess, and I wouldn't want to come here UNLESS I can do what I know will work with the talent I have.

I like the sound of Montgomery from Baylor though. He has the same kind of background as GM, and has shown that he can produce.

I think a common thread that has been put out is that CGC collared his coordinators, which is probably true to a certain extent. Put it this way...if our offense was allowed to run full-out like it did in 2010, our very young and inexperienced defense would be out there even MORE. It was a move to stop the bleeding there from being worse, though it may hurt more in the long-run with GM gone...the predictability (and strange calls, though the lack of Dyer may have been for reasons we're seeing now) was baffling at times.

In a nutshell...this is make or break time at Auburn. Show us what you got, Chizik. Seriously.

Thoughts?

Make or break time, show us what you got? We got a National Championship trophy on display. Chiz was also named Home Depot national coach of the year in 2010. We exceeded expectations again this year and all of a sudden it's make or break time?  Give me a break.

Make or break time, show us what you got? We got a National Championship trophy on display. Chiz was also named Home Depot national coach of the year in 2010. We exceeded expectations again this year and all of a sudden it's make or break time?  Give me a break.

Or a make?

:tease:

Based on (what many people have perceived, granted) what we saw this year, and the coaches in question going to downgrading jobs, you have to wonder.

That NC trophy is really just luck...luck that we got Cam and Nick and the veteran leadership, plus an easy schedule. And that we caught many teams off guard with what we were running. It seems like we've been caught up to, so we need to adjust. That's how life is in general.

The expectations following such a great season will always be high. He has a national championship, now he has to keep the program on a high level. Show us what you got...you want us to be a high-profile powerhouse, then make the right decisions. That's all.

Based on (what many people have perceived, granted) what we saw this year, and the coaches in question going to downgrading jobs, you have to wonder.

That NC trophy is really just luck...luck that we got Cam and Nick and the veteran leadership, plus an easy schedule. And that we caught many teams off guard with what we were running. It seems like we've been caught up to, so we need to adjust. That's how life is in general.

The expectations following such a great season will always be high. He has a national championship, now he has to keep the program on a high level. Show us what you got...you want us to be a high-profile powerhouse, then make the right decisions. That's all.

Really just luck, eh?

:rolleyes:

:we:

Really just luck, eh?

The greatest college football player just falling in our laps? Somewhat.

Really just luck, eh?

Pretty sure most people associated with the team will confirm that the harder they worked, the luckier they got.

No inside info here -- just common sense and channeling Ben Hogan.

Really just luck, eh?

Dang, this whole time I thought we outrecruited some of the top programs in the country for his services. Now I find out he just fell into our laps like little kids with Santa Claus.   I guess we should just stop recruiting now as maybe some more five star recruits will just fall into our laps. After all, Christmas is coming!

Guest JNieder51188

The dark ages? Really?...... Really?....... Really? I wonder sometimes about the people that post on here that they freak out over the simplest things. Coaches come and go at every program, this is not the beginning of the end. Is it the most critical point of Chizik's tenure? Probably but I'm pretty sure this program will be fine. Hell its been 100 years and we've done good so far.

The dark ages? Really?...... Really?....... Really? I wonder sometimes about the people that post on here that they freak out over the simplest things. Coaches come and go at every program, this is not the beginning of the end. Is it the most critical point of Chizik's tenure? Probably but I'm pretty sure this program will be fine. Hell its been 100 years and we've done good so far.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Man Im glad our head coach doesnt have the give up mentality. If so he would have quit when Mr. Loudspeaker was booing him getting off the plane. CGC will make all his doubters into believers again. I respectfully disagree with the idea that because we just lost our oc and dc we are in trouble. It happens, but Auburn fans have to stand behind our team.  I dont know about anybody else but IM ALL IN!!!!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE BABY!!!!!!!!!!  :we::aufb::tdau::wareagle::wedance::party:

Entering the dark ages?  Auburn has had perhaps the three best consecutive recruiting classes ever.  I think the bright ages might be more apropos.

Had Malzahn stayed and we see a great DC hired I would agree.

We could win an SEC championship every year, a national championship every other year, and people would still post what's wrong instead of what's right. Amazing. I understand a little frustration, but come on people.

We could win an SEC championship every year, a national championship every other year, and people would still post what's wrong instead of what's right. Amazing. I understand a little frustration, but come on people.

You don't think the coaches focus on what's wrong as well? That's how you get better you know....

I was pretty much expecting the two coaching changes.  I think things were getting stale and we needed some new blood. Malzahn will be fine, Auburn will surely be fine, and our rivals high roads will end and ours will begin.  It is all just the ups and downs.

Exactly three years ago from today, Gene Chizik was hired as Auburn's head football coach.

This makes me feel a little better about 2012. If we can replace a whole coaching staff at this point 3 years ago and still have a 2009 type season, I see no reason we can't do better for 2012 while replacing the OC and DC. * Crossing Fingers *

Archived