A must-have DVD set for Auburn fans

TitanTiger

We don't normally do plugs for stuff here, but I'm making an exception since I got to witness part of the filming for this first hand. This thing is really cool. It's a 2 DVD or 4 VHS tape set called the "Auburn Football Legends Reunion".

They gathered 31 Auburn football legends including Pat Dye, Jeff Burger, Randy Campbell, Quentin Riggins, David Langner, Bill Newton, Tommy Lorino, Mike Kolen, Connie Frederick, Stan White, Patrick Nix, Jackie Burkett, Joe Cribbs, Kurt Crain, Pat Sullivan and others. They told stories, recounted big games and the events that led up to them that week of the season. It was really good stuff. It was amazing to be in the presence of guys I grew up idolizing and cheering for or hearing about from my dad. I got to briefly talk to Stan White and Harold Hallman. I was really jacked to be in on this.

There are over 5 hours of footage...stories from these guys all gathered together interspliced with actual game footage of some of the biggest games and plays in Auburn history.

I think this thing would be the perfect Christmas gift for any big Auburn fan on your list. But I'm not hyping this thing because my friend did it or because I make anything off of the sale. I'm not getting a dime for talking about this. I just think, based on the clips I've seen and the part of the filming I got to be there for, that it's just going to be awesome.

Here are a couple of links. The first one is the page where you can order it. The second one is a one minute video clip promoting it. If you like what you see, support an true blue Auburn man and get this set for yourself or someone on your Christmas list.

http://storesense.megawebservers.com/hs105/Detail.bok?no=16

http://www.gabrielcommunications.com/movies/AUSPOT1.mpg

War Eagle!

It's over five hours worth of interviews, footage, and clips. Those two DVDs are slam full. It took four full VHS tapes to contain the same stuff, and I actually think the DVD has a few extras. I remember those videos the Auburn Network used to do like "Victory at Jordan Hare" commemorating the first Iron Bowl at Auburn. It had 45 minutes to an hour of footage max and they were $19.95 apiece. I think it's reasonably priced for how much you get.

Well, I'm not going to argue with you guys. When they were throwing out the price and describing how long it was and I compared it to other Auburn videos I've purchased in the past, it was well in line with those.

One again, just for comparison's sake, five Auburn Network videos I've purchased in the past to either commemorate a season or a game were $19.95 each and lasted 45 min - 1 hour. That would add up to between $100-$115 for the same amount of stuff in this package. And all those had were clips of the game with some voiceover stuff.

So while I agree that $80 might be a lot for some of us in one shot, it's not an unreasonable price for what you get. It's under market value for this kind of thing.

I just started watching my set I just got. Pat Dye is hilarious. Sullivan was relaying a story about Dye when he first got to Auburn, about how he put that fighting spirit back in us. One of the guys brought up when Dye responded to a question of how long it would take him to beat Alabama by saying, "Sixty minutes." Sullivan pipes up and says that he remembered when he was doing play by play for the radio broadcasts in Dye first season. It was the Alabama game and he saw Coach Dye under the stadium and he walked up and told Sullivan, "Boy I just messed up."

Sullivan said, "What?"

"I just told Coach Bryant he'd better buckle up 'cause we're fixin' to get after your ass."

"What did he say?"

Dye replied, "He said, 'You little ^%^&&* so and so, I ain't scared of you."

:lol:

This thing is great.

A great set...I loved it...especially the part when Patrick Nix spoke about what is meant to beat Alabama...made tears come to my eyes....worth EVERY penny!!!

WDE!!

Karen :au:

Dear Lovelly Bride,

I have been a very good boy this year and I promise to be an even better boy IF I get this DVD set for Christmas. :D

Seriously, I have already told my daughters to be sure and let their Mom know

that I really NEED this ! ! ! :au:

• 1 month later...

I am getting this for my brother for christmas its pricey but i suppose he is worth it if he lets me watch it too lol

For those of you who ordered via regular mail how long did it take for it to arrive???? I ordered mine on Friday and the guy said it wasn't shipped until today i am a little nervous about it arriving on time...

Archived