Hiring Timetables

Jonesy

Doing nothing is a losing philosophy - imho. We were suppose to have a plan and a short list so let's act on it this week. I guess we could wait until spring practice but.................

I don't believe in rushing a hire.  HOWEVER,  if you know exactly who you want to hire then make the move.  For example, Phillip Marshall said this morning that Blake Anderson was Chiziks #1 replacement for Malzahn when he was going to leave for vandy.  Phillip also says, that Fedora at UNC is targeting Blake Anderson as his OC.  If you have a plan in place than execute it before someone else does.

How do you know that he hasn't?  I am sure if Blake Anderson is still our #1 target (and I believe that he is) I am sure that we have been in discussions for sometime now.  So. Miss is scheduled to make an announcement this afternoon.  It is expected to be that Ellis Johnson is their new coach.  If that is the case we will make a move when Anderson gets back from the bowl.

You're still very restricted. My point is that your impact as a recruiter is minimal right now. The reasoning for the dead period is to give the recruits space. That's bad news for a new coordinator trying to sell his offense or defense to a potentially wavering recruit. You can't build a relationship with a limited phone call once a week, especially when the first week is about over with.

If we announce a new OC, or DC for that matter, during the dead period we HAVE to use the media to hype up that person's philosophy/coaching style etc.  So that there will be positive energy from the program coming out of the dead period for the full on recruiting blitz.  There is still a month and a half until signing day.  After getting burned by yeldon, I bet CGC and staff are coming blazing!

You're still very restricted. My point is that your impact as a recruiter is minimal right now. The reasoning for the dead period is to give the recruits space. That's bad news for a new coordinator trying to sell his offense or defense to a potentially wavering recruit. You can't build a relationship with a limited phone call once a week, especially when the first week is about over with.

After getting burned by yeldon, I bet CGC and staff are coming blazing!

I I think I get what you're saying here, and the emotional side of me agrees, but I hope that TJY's decision has zero bearing on CGC's decision and timeline; if it did, I would be more worried about our head coach than ever before.

After getting burned by yeldon, I bet CGC and staff are coming blazing!

I I think I get what you're saying here, and the emotional side of me agrees, but I hope that TJY's decision has zero bearing on CGC's decision and timeline; if it did, I would be more worried about our head coach than ever before.

I doubt yeldon flipping has anything to do with who or when he hires a new OC.  I think it will ignite their drive for recruiting even harder coming out of the dead period.  I'd be recruiting with a vengance after getting played like that.

What would be your biggest deciding factor in a OC?

How their team did overall?

How well they recruit?

Where they are located, i.e. the recruits they have influence with?

Outside of current D1 schools?

Quite a bit to consider.  Even when you carry around a short list of names you take your time.  When you hire someone that is going to be put under the microscope and will likely make 800K+ it takes time to do background checks.

War Eagle

Archived