Dirk Koetter info from today

AuburnWarVet

Dirk is our man...just heard from a reliable source at warehouse discount grocery in hanceville,al ...

I have a source in Slapout that says it's Kerwin Bell.

:dunno:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a call last night from a buddy in Pheonix City that Mark Richt was going to resign at UGAy to come coach our O.

Then the Dawgs would hire Kirby Smart as HC and Saban would leave for Texas and bammer would hire Bill Cowher.

I got a call last night from a buddy in Pheonix City that Mark Richt was going to resign at UGAy to come coach our O.

Then the Dawgs would hire Kirby Smart as HC and Saban would leave for Texas and bammer would hire Bill Cowher.

I would rather have the girl in the wedding dress (above) as OC than MR.  :dunno:  :laugh:

I wonder who started the names of the two Jax coaches. I mean does no one else find it coincidental that there's only a handful of names being thrown out for OC/DC, yet there are TWO OC's being talked about, both from Jax, FL. So my theory is obviously one is legit, and the other just came about from ramblings and rumor. Think of it kind of like playing "Telephone" back in school. You know, I tell one person, who tells another, who tells another, etc., etc., until it gets back to me that what started as my whitey-tighties is now a lacy pink thong. Or something like that.

I HOPE that if my theory is true, then Koetter is the truth making Bell the decoy.

A bunch of rumblings tonight with Koetter on other sites

and i hope those rumblings turn into a full fledged thunderclap.....koetter is a fabulous offensive mind

Apparently it would not be a shock if he left Jacksonville. Not a comment on his talent as an OC. Sometimes it is just not in the cards in one location.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/12/3/2607468/dirk-koetters-future-with-the-jaguars-could-be-coming-to-a-close

As a longtime Jags fan, this saddens me greatly for Auburn if true.  Jags offense has been anemic under Koetter.  College is a different game for sure, so who knows.  Certainly Carroll, Saban, Spurrier, etc. have been far better in college than pros.  If we get Dirk, hopefully he follows in those trends.

We used to have a awesome team in Jacksonville in the late '90s/early 2000s....

OC was....Bobby Petrino

Apparently it would not be a shock if he left Jacksonville. Not a comment on his talent as an OC. Sometimes it is just not in the cards in one location.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/12/3/2607468/dirk-koetters-future-with-the-jaguars-could-be-coming-to-a-close

Absolutely. Auburn fans should be well aware of this considering CGC's previous HC gig.

He built a great foundation there but it didn't all get put together until he left.

Luper should be named OC. :hellyeah:  Why not?  Let me know your thoughts.

He may make a great OC but ask most any Auburn fan about 2003 and the Nallsminger experiment that went wrong.  Auburn had an amazing offense but couldn't bust out of a paper bag on offense.  I think if Luper is hired and things don't go well on offense Chizik will/should lose his job.  Auburn fans still have nightmares about the wasted 2003 season  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .  Personally I think Luper is too much of a risk to hire because he is unproven at the college level and I think Auburn wants and needs at least a homerun hire to help compete in recruiting.

My thoughts are he does it by Friday at the latest.  His focus is now on recruiting and next season with his responsibilites over at the Superdome.  Would not be surprised if he does not take care of it by Friday as all the visitors will be on campus.  Only way I think it doesn't happen is if the OC CGC wants is on a team that is still in the NFL playoffs.

My friend here at work that played DB for Auburn in the 90's said that DK is our new OC and will be named later today. Take it for what it's worth. War Eagle!!

I have read a little about him and must say I am not very excited. If true, I'll give him a shot, but I hope he proves me wrong. Nothing he has accomplished has jumped off the page if you know what I mean. But hey! at least it's not Neil Calloway.

I have read a little about him and must say I am not very excited. If true, I'll give him a shot, but I hope he proves me wrong. Nothing he has accomplished has jumped off the page if you know what I mean. But hey! at least it's not Neil Calloway.

You must have looked over his collegiate career.

Please read the following sentence below 2-3 times. 

Koetter is one of the most respected minds in the "nfl".  Dude has interviewed for "NFL head coaching" positions (i.e. Denver last year).  Did you hear that...."head coaching" position in the "NFL".  In addition, he is a hot commodity for OC among serveral "NFL" teams.  Gabbert shouldn't have even been drafted in the first two rounds.

Key buzz words:  NFL, NFL head coach, NFL OC, etc.

You must have looked over his collegiate career.

Or not. He's the coach that put Boise State on the map: http://www.thesundevils.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/koetter_dirk00.html.

Boyze St and Arizona St?  Those are some power houses boy!

They will put the fear in yu!

Not what I would call impressive at them either in weak conferences too.

Sorry, just don't see him ranking above a 5 out of 10 too me.

Please read the following sentence below 2-3 times. 

Koetter is one of the most respected minds in the "nfl".  Dude has interviewed for "NFL head coaching" positions (i.e. Denver last year).  Did you hear that...."head coaching" position in the "NFL".  In addition, he is a hot commodity for OC among serveral "NFL" teams.   Gabbert shouldn't have even been drafted in the first two rounds.

Key buzz words:  NFL, NFL head coach, NFL OC, etc.

Agree.  He has both NFL and college experience.  Very similar to that of CBVG that CGC was looking for.  Also, he is really close to Grimes.  Grimes was his OL coach at BSU.  

Boyze St and Arizona St?  Those are some power houses boy!

They will put the fear in yu!

Not what I would call impressive at them either in weak conferences too.

Sorry, just don't see him ranking above a 5 out of 10 too me.

Apparently you didn't read my post multiple times.

Archived