Tweet from Phillip

watsontiger98

thanks fourthvision you get it, evidently some of the posters on here do not.

Come on.  Take the tin foil hat off of your head.  Just because Stoops turned us down (as rumored) does not mean spuat had anything to do with it.  Stoops is not going to listen to/speak to/take a call, text or facebook post from some redneck from Alabama (REC, Finebaum, etc) that he doesn't know and likely has never heard of when it comes to something like this.

Sometimes we just simply lose, get turned down, out recruited, have a bad day etc.

I am 48 years old and grew up in Notasulga, AL until I graduated from AU in 1986 then I moved to the Atlanta area.  Still have relatives who socialize with Pat Dye weekly and my best friend growing up is a retired detective from the AUPD and is now part of Jay Jacob's security team.  I am not out of touch and I am certainly not delusional, but whining, crying, finger pointing and excuse making when things do not go our way certainly makes me irritable.

wde

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have decided that CGC will hire someone who has probably not been mentioned before for either of the coordinators. I just do not see this happening until after January 23 and possibly beyond that date.  I think we are wasting our time with trying to figure all of this out. We just have to trust CGC to hire the right person and for CGC to choose the time frame he feels the most comfortable with. I have already ranted and raved about CGC not getting this done sooner than later.  I feel sure that CGC will hire someone that will give us our best opportunity to be one of the top teams in the country on both sides of the ball.

WDE!!

Doc

CGC put together a great set of coaches when he came to AUBURN, and with all the talent we had, they won a NC.. I have all the confidence in the world in him to make the RIGHT choices for AUBURN, the players, and the other coaches involved with this program.I personally like the fact that hes doing this HIS way and not being bullied by some of the people demanding him to do this and that. Im not a coach, but I am a loyal, die hard AUBURN fan. I stand behind our coaches, and our players.I dont care if its a big name guy or not. I want the right guys for us and our players. SO with that, WAR EAGLE and Im going to finish watching BIG NICK and the Detroit Lions. WAR EAGLE !

AUI I do not have a tin foil hat and no one said anything about a redneck texting, calling, or whatever, but the

fact you do not live in Al. explains a lot to me.

AUI I do not have a tin foil hat and no one said anything about a redneck texting, calling, or whatever, but the

Explain.

thanks fourthvision you get it, evidently some of the posters on here do not.

Come on.  Take the tin foil hat off of your head.  Just because Stoops turned us down (as rumored) does not mean spuat had anything to do with it.  Stoops is not going to listen to/speak to/take a call, text or facebook post from some redneck from Alabama (REC, Finebaum, etc) that he doesn't know and likely has never heard of when it comes to something like this.

Sometimes we just simply lose, get turned down, out recruited, have a bad day etc.

I am 48 years old and grew up in Notasulga, AL until I graduated from AU in 1986 then I moved to the Atlanta area.  Still have relatives who socialize with Pat Dye weekly and my best friend growing up is a retired detective from the AUPD and is now part of Jay Jacob's security team.  I am not out of touch and I am certainly not delusional, but whining, crying, finger pointing and excuse making when things do not go our way certainly makes me irritable.

wde

Hey man I grew in Notasulga as well, graduated 19 years after you though.

Randy Shannon & Ron Zook....this would be huge!!!

Randy Shannon would be.  Please No on Ron Zook.  

wde

WHY NOT RON ZOOK?  He has NFL experience and college head coaching experience.  He was not a terrible head coach and he is a GREAT recruiter.  I don't understand.

Randy Shannon & Ron Zook....this would be huge!!!

Randy Shannon would be.  Please No on Ron Zook.  

wde

WHY NOT RON ZOOK?  He has NFL experience and college head coaching experience.  He was not a terrible head coach and he is a GREAT recruiter.  I don't understand.

He is a great recruiter but was demoted from DC to ST coach at UF.  He is known as a good recruiter, not as a good coach.  We really need a good coach or three on the D side of the ball.

wde

I don't have a personal favorite for DC, but I think who ever it will be should be someone who is an experienced secondary coach.  I believe this would exclude Zook.

really?

For those discounting Zook as a DC the Saints were 20th in total defense the year prior to his being there, 8th his 1st year, 16th his 2nd and 27th the year after he left. He also has NFL experience coaching DB's with the Chiefs.

While I would be ok with Zook's recruiting skills coming here, it has been shown time and again that as a DC at the college level (in the SEC) he just couldn't get it done.

Now, as for Shannon or Leavitt, I would be in favor of either guy. Shannon being my preferred choice.

What about Shannon coming in as DC/DE coach, shifting Thigpin to LBers, and letting Shannon and Chizik go find a phenomenal DB coach??

What about Shannon coming in as DC/DE coach, shifting Thigpin to LBers, and letting Shannon and Chizik go find a phenomenal DB coach??

That would be like a perfect world scenerio.

wde

That would be like a perfect world scenerio.

wde

Yeah...I only suggest that with Shannon's  experience being mostly as a LBer coach, I believe. I suppose the same scenario could be suggested with Leavitt. But I still prefer Shannon to others.

has Greg Hudson been taken off of the table as a possible DC for us?  Hudson was not high on my list at first, but after reading up on him, he seems to be a solid hire for the job.  Jim Leavette (not sure on the spelling), seems to be a great choice along with Randy Shannon. Who knows, none of the above mentioned might be the leading candidate for CGC.  I hope & pray that CGC is not serious about Ron Cooper. We would be better off re-hiring CTR and giving him a $500,000 raise over what he made while with us than hiring Ron Cooper as DC. I know Lsu has a knock dead defensive backfield, but Pee Wee Herman could look like a defensive genius if he was the coach over that position with all of the 5 star talent there. If by some very way out there chance CGC hires Ron Cooper, we all need to buy 10,000 candles and have a prayer vigil before every game next year.

I am too tired tonight to tackle the OC position. But tomorrow is a new day and hope springs eternal or does it?

Archived