Tweet from Phillip

watsontiger98

Have not read the tweet so I don't the context but pm is prof. Journo and if he says it then a reliable source told him ... Period.  Now the source may be wrong or the situation may change but pm reported it accurately at the time.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people who constantly attack Philip Marshall are unbelievable.

Agree!  How do they know he doesn't have any sources anymore?  I guess they are family friends of his or something.  Laughable.  I have him at the top.  Jlee has said forever to look for Stoops to be hired after the bowls.  PM said we haven't offered, and possibly not even contacted him.  Who looks foolish so far.  Not PM.

Looking less foolish than JLee is not saying much.

wde

I think the people at the subscription sites are getting to where they throw out rumors that can't be proven that they lied and then change their story when they find out something. Its all to get more people to buy subscriptions to see what the rumors are and to think they finding out things all the time from sources. In the end they still end up saying what happened.

Randy Shannon & Ron Zook....this would be huge!!!

Randy Shannon would be.  Please No on Ron Zook.  

wde

Zook was a pretty damn good defensive coordinator, he just couldn't cut it as a HC.  Him and Shannon would both be dynamite recruiters.

Nope, Spurrier demoted him from DC to ST coach and hired Stoops and Hoke after Stoops.  Zook is a good recruiter but as a DC on the college level, he has not been good.

wde

recruiting actually seems like the only thing he can do well

You got it.

wde

Agree!  How do they know he doesn't have any sources anymore?  I guess they are family friends of his or something.  Laughable.  I have him at the top.  Jlee has said forever to look for Stoops to be hired after the bowls.  PM said we haven't offered, and possibly not even contacted him.  Who looks foolish so far.  Not PM.

I have know idea what PM knows and doesn't know. He is the one who says he doesn't know as much anymore.He defers recruiting to others, and speculates on everything else. He used to be the gospel when it came to Auburn, but now it just seems when he is wrong he gets defensive, and when he is right there seems to be an "I told ya so" attitude. Fact is, a lot of people who had sources a year of so ago are either quiet, or have lost their sources. No one seems to know much with recruiting, or the coaching searches.

PM just turned me off with his constant defense of Ted Roof.

Philip has been as accurate as anyone about the goings on around AU lately, yet you will still hear the classic "philip lost all his sources when Tubbs left" line, without providing any proof whatsoever his info is any less credible than any other insider.

Philip has been as accurate as anyone about the goings on around AU lately, yet you will still hear the classic "philip lost all his sources when Tubbs left" line, without providing any proof whatsoever his info is any less credible than any other insider.

When comparing PM to JLee, then absolutely PM is more credible.  When comparing PM to ST on this site or Mark Murphy on ITAT, then PM is not even close.  I believe PM is being told the info he reports, I just think he gets poor info a majority of the time now. 

wde

wde

Randy Shannon & Ron Zook....this would be huge!!!

Randy Shannon would be.  Please No on Ron Zook.  

wde

Didn't Earth Visor demote him from DC and then fire him the following year?

Zook was a pretty damn good defensive coordinator, he just couldn't cut it as a HC.  Him and Shannon would both be dynamite recruiters.

That's kind of the point. Coach Chiz keeps pretty much everything close to the vest. ALL "insiders" are not getting the info they used to get. PM is still my favorite who covers Auburn, but he himself has said the lid has become tighter under Coach Chiz.

The good thing, if the tweet is true, is that it said 2 big name former coaches are vying for the DC job, sounding like both are begging to get the job and not CGC begging them to come.

Serious Candidates.

There was a retweet from The Rumor Mill that said that 2 big name former head coaches are vying for the Auburn DC position. Who are they?

I hope its Randy Shannon and Jim Leavitt, not Zook.

Zook and Shannon are both GREAT recruiters, but I think shannon is the better coach. I wouldn't be displeased with Zook though

I just hope it someone good and someone big enough to help us to get and flip some of the top Defensive recruits before NSD.

Serious Candidates.

There was a retweet from The Rumor Mill that said that 2 big name former head coaches are vying for the Auburn DC position. Who are they?

I hope its Randy Shannon and Jim Leavitt, not Zook.

If it is Shannon and Leavitt, then give me either one.

wde

We need some god news and that would be some!

There is a book called the Bible, if interested.   ;)

Sorry, should have been good, but nothing wrong with the Bible either.

This is 100% not true.  I know for a fact we were in talks with Stoops and that he was very close at one point to being our DC.  That said, I don't listen to either of those two.

This is 100% not true.  I know for a fact we were in talks with Stoops and that he was very close at one point to being our DC.  That said, I don't listen to either of those two.

I believe you and I also believe Chizik didn't know for sure that Stoops was not coming until Monday or Tuesday this past week and had to go to the next person(s) on the DC list at that time.

wde

Illinois was 7th in nation in total defense this year.... TIFWIW

FWIW, Zook was not the DC.  Vic Koenning was.

wde

I like Phillip also. He may not have amazing sources or be right 100% of the time, but I don't see what people have against him. He doesn't seem to be any worse than the other "AU insiders" around.

Guest jojo1515

So you were part of these talks?  Or you have a "source" same as Pm  :laugh:

That has got to be the funniest video I have seen in a long time. Who is #21 ?

Archived