Ole Ms. Game

jwmboom7

Here is a stat for you.  Rob Chubb 0 rebounds.

Wow.

Ditto.  It seems Chubb is too mechanical on the block, thinking about exact spacing, technique, etc. too much instead of reacting and doing instinctive basketball stuff.  It costs him rebounds.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else have several heart attacks in this game? Or was I the only one

Got to watch final couple of minutes until overtime before my kids rebelled wanting to watch SpongeBob.  Probably a good thing I didn't continue watching it.

If they have lost you for the season they didn't need you anyway.

Yeah, bout like I need your unsolicited commentary.

I think it's generally understood that when you put somethng on a public message board that you are soliciting commentary. Fairweather attitude is turdish.

This is a team that is still coming together...after blowing the big lead I thought they showed a lot of guts to win in double OT after being behind in both of them.    By the way, see that FSU beat #3 UNC by 33 today.

Patience folks....and  :we:

I think it's generally understood that when you put somethng on a public message board that you are soliciting commentary. Fairweather attitude is turdish.

Wrong...thx for chiming in, though, Officer Turdspotter.  Sigh.  It's actually generally understood that "soliciting" means "asking for," and I was not asking anyone to comment on my post.  Of course as a fellow AE user you have every right to post your reply, but I certainly wasn't asking for it and could have done without it.  This is not a public msg board, it's AU fans only, and true AU fans are intelligent, articulate, and passionate not only about their team, but also about the game being played and its quality of play.  That is the end to which I was referring; I have followed each game closely this year and came to a decision that if they couldn't close-out this OM team this afternoon, at home, after having multiple chances to blow them out by 15 or 20+ pts., with the opportunities they had and all the missed layups, dunks, pts left on the floor, Chubb ineffectiveness, late point guard struggles, turnovers, etc., etc., that I just didn't want to be disappointed at another very disheartening SEC conference record.  They don't "need" me watching to do well, just like they don't "need" you watching, and that is not being fair-weathered; that is being emotionally self-preserving.  I was not ridiculing the team, any individual player, or any AE poster's comment with my statement.  Forbes saved the game at the end of the 2nd OT with his D and rebounding, Frankie showed up and threw in 19 after halftime, KG had a really solid game all around.  We won.  Moving on.  :thumbsup:

Wrong again...thx for policing the Ole Miss game thread for perceived turdishness.  Sigh.  It's actually generally understood that "soliciting" means "asking for," and I was not asking anyone to comment on my post.  Of course as a fellow AE user you have every right to post your reply, but I certainly wasn't asking for it and could have done without it.  This is not a public msg board, it's AU fans only, and true AU fans are intelligent, articulate, and passionate not only about their team, but also about the game being played and its quality of play.  That is the end to which I was referring; I have followed each game closely this year and came to a decision that if they couldn't close-out this OM team this afternoon, at home, after having multiple chances to blow them out by 15 or 20+ pts., with the opportunities they had and all the missed layups, dunks, pts left on the floor, Chubb ineffectiveness, late point guard struggles, turnovers, etc., etc., that I just didn't want to be disappointed at another very disheartening SEC conference record.  They don't "need" me watching to do well, just like they don't "need" you watching, and that is not being fair-weathered; that is being emotionally self-preserving.  I was not ridiculing the team, any individual player, or any AE poster's comment with my statement.  We won.  Moving on.  :thumbsup:

Say what you want but your original post says if they lose this game then I'm done with this season. It was a very suspect statement that lends itself to making you sound like a fair-weather fan. That is not critiquing or discussing. That is giving up. If you are going to give up on what would have been a 10-7 team with a loss then that is just silly.

The guys played hard we don't have the rebounding to hang with good Off. rebounding teams but we found a way to win. Are we great no but we not as bad as in the pass. Take the dang win and on to LSU.

Just in from the game... it's about a 3 hour round trip for us and we rarely miss one even though we are not retired.  This team and this staff deserve the Auburn family's support as they go thru growing pains.  If you don't support them now, you are basically saying you can only support a winning team and will not support them until you can feel relatively certain of wins when you bother to go to a game. 

On the plus side, given the large number of Kentucky fans in the building on Wed. night, I would say the Auburn crowd was not much smaller than it was Wed.  On the negative side, we all (me included) went flat when we were up 12 in the 2nd half and paying a lot of attention to trying to spot which football recruits were there.  The team seemed to reflect that same energy level.

Barbee is asking for support to help this team reach it's potential.  Basketball teams, perhaps even more than football teams, can feed off of a crowd's energy.  If possible, please help with that.  There is nothing wrong with trying to ID issues with our team as that is what we often do as fans.  However, our role is essentially limited to showing up and trying to energize the team.  If we don't do that, then our rears are on the bench... in other words...  at home on our couch... For many, that may be the only option because it is simply too much of a trip.  For the rest of us, we have our role on this team!

:wareagle:

Archived