Jeff Fisher's influence

Bro Johnny Mac

Is it possible that he has helped CGC with the search?Most of the names that have been thrown around are from the NFL.Its seems highly likely that our OC will come from the NFL as of today.

I believe that he probably has helped him,and has given his opinion on some names.

Is it possible that he has helped CGC with the search?Most of the names that have been thrown around are from the NFL.Its seems highly likely that our OC will come from the NFL as of today.

I believe that he probably has helped him,and has given his opinion on some names.

I had not thought about that. You could be spot on. It is definitely something to consider IMO.

There is no doubt that they have talked.  I am sure Chizik has talked with a number of coaches and nfl players he respects. In order to get the best idea of who would be a good fit for us.

I just wish he would pick the right man for the job.He's waiting way too long to name an OC.

Picking the right man for the job = waiting for him IMO.  Yes, if he waits an extremly long time to hire an OC, we will lose out on some recruits.  Some recruits want security and stability.  Hard to offer that without an OC. 

* IMO, waiting for a potential homerun OC hire > losing out on some recruits.  A homerun hire could set us up for many big time recruiting classes down the road, assuming our new OC will stay with us more than 1 year... Lord willing.   

They most likely have talked, but Coach Fisher now has his hands full with filling out his own staff in St. Louis.  As an aside, Jeff was the first person on the scene of a horrrible accident Sunday night in Williamson County (Nashville suburb).  A 13 year old was ejected from a vehicle and Coach held him and reassured him until the paramedics arrived. The teenager is in critical but stable condition at Vanderbilt.  Jeff declined inverviews about the incident, saying the story is not about him, and he just did what anyone would do under the circumstances.  Trent Fisher's Dad is quite a remarkable man.

I just wish he would pick the right man for the job.He's waiting way too long to name an OC.

I previously thought it was impossible to disagree with yourself in two sentences or less....guess I was wrong. :laugh:;)

Interesting how Saban and Belichick are so buddy buddy, while Fisher and Chizik are buddy buddy.  Don't Fisher and Belichick absolutely hate each other?

Interesting how Saban and Belichick are so buddy buddy, while Fisher and Chizik are buddy buddy.  Don't Fisher and Belichick absolutely hate each other?

Not at all.  A lot of mutual respect in there.

Archived