Surprises in store?

AUCorpsman

I had someone that is in the know tell me this.  This day ,meaning signing day there will be one of the biggest surprises in Auburn history or a very disappointing one.  I ask tell me more, but he said he would tell me what should have happened if it does not.  I know this might be a dumb post but it. Got me excited,and nervous.

I'm not worried about this staffs recruiting even if we do have a lower ranked class. They know what they are doing and are among the best in the country--if not THE best.

My thoughts exactly.  Auburn is CLEARLY on the rise.

I like stars too, but we shouldn't forget that our two Texans who have started the last 2 years were a 2* N. Eguae and 3* E. Blake.     

Trey is not a 5* now. I guess that means you feel we will miss on Winston, Goldman, Diggs, and L Williams?

He is a 5* on 2 or 3 of the recruiting sites.

I'm not worried about this staffs recruiting even if we do have a lower ranked class. They know what they are doing and are among the best in the country--if not THE best.

My thoughts exactly.  Auburn is CLEARLY on the rise.

I like stars too, but we shouldn't forget that our two Texans who have started the last 2 years were a 2* N. Eguae and 3* E. Blake.     

?? Rivals had Eguae as a 3* and Blake a 4*.

Trey is not a 5* now. I guess that means you feel we will miss on Winston, Goldman, Diggs, and L Williams?

True, I just made an assumption of Rivals. Darby, if he is a 5* on a site then that would be the former committed that we would flip. I sure hope we pull all of these. It would be unreal. Add L Williams to the list and I'd go crazi.........ER.

True, I just made an assumption of Rivals. Darby, if he is a 5* on a site then that would be the former committed that we would flip. I sure hope we pull all of these. It would be unreal. Add L Williams to the list and I'd go crazi.........ER.

Rule of thumb: If an athlete commits to your school, you go with the recruiting site that gives the highest rating.  If an athlete picks another school, you go with the recruiting site that gives the lowest rating.

Biggest surprise is a bama fan will embarrass their program by placing his genitals on a fellow Krystal patron. Oh yea that already happens.

Your surprised a bama fan would do that? I wasn't.

I had someone that is in the know tell me this.  This day ,meaning signing day there will be one of the biggest surprises in Auburn history or a very disappointing one.  I ask tell me more, but he said he would tell me what should have happened if it does not.  I know this might be a dumb post but it. Got me excited,and nervous.

How intriguingly cruel some people can be  :thumbsup:

Rule of thumb: If an athlete commits to your school, you go with the recruiting site that gives the highest rating.  If an athlete picks another school, you go with the recruiting site that gives the lowest rating.

Cali - This is exactly how I do it. How can there be any other way?

I posted this else where - I think given the number of top fight guys who are seriously considering us, we will get our share. The rest of this class is probably going to be 4* or higher:

Offense:

QB - Jameis Winston, Liggins

RB - I'Tavius Mathers, Trey Williams

WR - Stefon Diggs; Cordarelle Patterson, maybe current commits re think or re commit

OL - Jordan Diamond, Avery Young, Menelik Watson, Caleb Peterson, Alex Kozan

Defense:

DB - Deon Bush, Ronald Darby, Jordan Moore

LB - Kwon Alexander, Stephen Weatherly

DL - Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Leonard Williams

And, its no real surprise. The staff has done very well and continue to prove they will get better each year.

My personal top 5 wish list at this moment:

Eddie Goldman

Arik Armstead

Avery Young

Ronald Darby

WR - Diggs or Patterson

Cali - This is exactly how I do it. How can there be any other way?

I posted this else where - I think given the number of top fight guys who are seriously considering us, we will get our share. The rest of this class is probably going to be 4* or higher:

Offense:

QB - Jameis Winston, Liggins

RB - I'Tavius Mathers, Trey Williams

WR - Stefon Diggs; Cordarelle Patterson, maybe current commits re think or re commit

OL - Jordan Diamond, Avery Young, Menelik Watson, Caleb Peterson, Alex Kozan

Defense:

DB - Deon Bush, Ronald Darby, Jordan Moore

LB - Kwon Alexander, Stephen Weatherly

DL - Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Leonard Williams

And, its no real surprise. The staff has done very well and continue to prove they will get better each year.

My personal top 5 wish list at this moment:

Eddie Goldman

Arik Armstead

Avery Young

Ronald Darby

WR - Diggs or Patterson

I hate to mahe a post a lot like Flex but we are not getting Trey Williams. That is a pipe dream some of you have. We have a less than 10% chance per ST. We are not recruiting the kid much. In fact it is likely we don't take a second RB since we are likely going to a more traditional pro style offense while spreading the field. The coaches may be fibe with the 5 backs we have now that are all 4* RBs.

I hate to mahe a post a lot like Flex but we are not getting Trey Williams. That is a pipe dream some of you have. We have a less than 10% chance per ST. We are not recruiting the kid much. In fact it is likely we don't take a second RB since we are likely going to a more traditional pro style offense while spreading the field. The coaches may be fibe with the 5 backs we have now that are all 4* RBs.

E - I agree with you. I put his name in as I had seen him mentioned. In my opinion we have other needs. The RB stable we have will be fantastic. You have to think that with 2 or so weeks left to recruit the coaches would spend more time on the likes of Avery Young or Jameis Winston.

As I said, this is not by any means some projection, just a summary for those of use who can't keep all the names straight.

Archived