Arkansas Game

jwmboom7

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny just came down with the ball and called the timeout... the ref never gave it to him and gave Arkansas the jumo ball.  Now Arkansas dunked to make it a 5 point game.  No clue why we're shooting 3s there, but it just cost us the game unless there's a miracle.

Auburn plays hard as hell the last few games.  We just don't have any players that are very good

I understand what you're saying.  Not that we don't have players who have the potential to play very well on any given night, but we just don't have a "catalyst," as CTB calls it, who the team can count on to pull the team through the tough stretches on the road and against the better teams.  For example, we would have won this game with a Marquis Daniels-type guy on the floor.  Frankie is the closest we have to this type of player, and I think he'll develop into it, esp. next year, but we haven't had it yet.  But Chubb's offensive struggles kinda killed us again in the 2nd half. Oh, well, WarEAgle!

Like I've said every game we have lost close on the road. We just need to know how to win..... Got to get a player or 2 with some swagger who want to take the SHOT

Auburn plays hard as hell the last few games.  We just don't have any players that are very good

I understand what you're saying.  Not that we don't have players who have the potential to play very well on any given night, but we just don't have a "catalyst," as CTB calls it, who the team can count on to pull the team through the tough stretches on the road and against the better teams.  For example, we would have won this game with a Marquis Daniels-type guy on the floor.  Frankie is the closest we have to this type of player, and I think he'll develop into it, esp. next year, but we haven't had it yet.  But Chubb's offensive struggles kinda killed us again in the 2nd half. Oh, well, WarEAgle!

Excellent example anyone remember the Syracuse team we lost by I think one point who went on to win the National Champ.

Excellent example anyone remember the Syracuse team we lost by I think one point who went on to win the National Champ.

Yep that was the '03 tourney...we played Carmello Anthony's SU team closer than anybody that tourney.  I remember in the 1st round AU drew St. Joe's led by PG Jameer Nelson and also Delonte West.  MD sank a long 3 at the buzzer to send it to OT and then led the charge in OT.  Dang, I miss that kind of player!!!  And MD bested Josh Howard  who was the ACC PoY, and 1st team All American that year.

Big game for MD, 27 points and 9 boards in a big-time, clutch enviroment. Wish we still had him!!

I disagree.  Losing Ward and Langford early in this game hurt us big time.

Absolutely. :(

Like I've said every game we have lost close on the road. We just need to know how to win..... Got to get a player or 2 with some swagger who want to take the SHOT

Hopefully Shaq can provide that spark. That kid KNOWS he's good and that's what we lack. A Chris Porter type highlight reel guy. Porter's team fed off of his energy.

This team is MUCH improved over recent years.  This team fights, has intensity, and makes fewer mistakes than we've been accustomed to seeing.  It had gotten hard to watch games, but this year I can watch with pride and hope.  Another year or so, and CTB will have a tourney team.

This team is MUCH improved over recent years.  This team fights, has intensity, and makes fewer mistakes than we've been accustomed to seeing.  It had gotten hard to watch games, but this year I can watch with pride and hope.  Another year or so, and CTB will have a tourney team.

I think so too.

CTB is doing a great job, and this team deserves our support.

I'm up for a moral victory on the hardwood.

These guys got that hungry look and are on the edge of a breakthrough.

Maybe it is a few more players, but I think they are on the cusp of breaking a big one.

Archived