Arkansas Game

jwmboom7

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend, that is why they play the game. Roughly the SEC is 6-20 in conference road games right now. Our time is coming and we have to start somewhere. 75-70 AU :tease::we::laugh: The pig people put their rear on the line against the Wolverines, I'm sensing hangover. Go Tigers!!!!

We've averaged 66 in our 2 wins, but only 49 in the 3 losses, for an overall conference point average of 55.6 ppg.  I believe that for AU to win in Arkansas, where I've already predicted AR will get 16 more free throw attempts, AU is going to have to hold AR to under 60 pts imo.  If AR makes just 9 of their 16 more free throw attempts, then that means AR can't get more than 50 from the field.  That's 25 pts per half, or 3 three-pt fg's made and 8 2-pt fg's made per half on avg.  So, if it's 29 shots per half for AR, then AU will have to hold AR each half to 11/29 shooting, or 38% per half.  If they shoot 11 3's per half, then they will have gone (future perfect tense...bonus points) 6/22 for the game, or 27% for the game.  Very realistic, but will take solid rebounding and Chubb on the floor.  Dang, I have too much time on my hands...lol 

All that having been said (perfect passive participle, on a roll), my prediction is AU 62 AR 59. WE

We've averaged 66 in our 2 wins, but only 49 in the 3 losses, for an overall conference point average of 55.6 ppg.  I believe that for AU to win in Arkansas, where I've already predicted AR will get 16 more free throw attempts, AU is going to have to hold AR to under 60 pts imo.  If AR makes just 9 of their 16 more free throw attempts, then that means AR can't get more than 50 from the field.  That's 25 pts per half, or 3 three-pt fg's made and 8 2-pt fg's made per half on avg.  So, if it's 29 shots per half for AR, then AU will have to hold AR each half to 11/29 shooting, or 38% per half.  If they shoot 11 3's per half, then they will have gone (future perfect tense...bonus points) 6/22 for the game, or 27% for the game.  Very realistic, but will take solid rebounding and Chubb on the floor.  Dang, I have too much time on my hands...lol 

All that having been said (perfect passive participle, on a roll), my prediction is AU 62 AR 59. WE

Well OK then...

Way too much time  :laugh: but good info nonetheless. Thanks for the stats  :bow:

I love this post, best useless post ever!!  I do not believe anyone could make this up.

Anywho....

Arkansas' starting PF is not going to play wendsday. Out with a calf injury

Did I hear about another player of theirs out as well? Or am I just making that up... :dunno:

Arkansas' starting PF is not going to play wendsday. Out with a calf injury

Did I hear about another player of theirs out as well? Or am I just making that up... :dunno:

I dont know maybe I haven't heard anything

normally (with football at least) i would say i want them to have all of their players so we can beat them straight up ... well in basketball, all i want is wins ... if that is against nothing but their walkons and their mascot then all the better.

Never too early to start. It is a road game and until they win one, yall know what my prediction is going to be.  :laugh:  83-71 Arkansas.  :(

If we score 71, we win. 

I won't be at my apartment for the start of the game, are there any online sites that allow you to view the game from the beginning or do they all only stream live?

Never too early to start. It is a road game and until they win one, yall know what my prediction is going to be.  :laugh:  83-71 Arkansas.  :(

If we score 71, we win. 

In SEC play, Arky is giving up 73 a game.  They are a typical Mike Anderson team, fast paced up tempo squad, who look to get in your face and get out and run.  V. Ward is the key for us in this game (and Josh Wallace).  We have to slow it down and shorten this game, get Arky out of their comfort zone, and to do that we need sure ball handling from our point players.  To this point V. Ward has not played well on the road, need him to take a step forward tonight to give us a chance.  If not it won't be close.

If we score 71, we win. 

In SEC play, Arky is giving up 73 a game.  They are a typical Mike Anderson team, fast paced up tempo squad, who look to get in your face and get out and run.  V. Ward is the key for us in this game (and Josh Wallace).  We have to slow it down and shorten this game, get Arky out of their comfort zone, and to do that we need sure ball handling from our point players.  To this point V. Ward has not played well on the road, need him to take a step forward tonight to give us a chance.  If not it won't be close.

Fantastic analysis. Couldn't agree more! :bow:  Also read where Noel Johnson now has hurt his OTHER hand.  Sheesh, guy can't catch a break, except in his hands...

If we score 71, we win. 

Fantastic analysis. Couldn't agree more! :bow:  Also read where Noel Johnson now has hurt his OTHER hand.  Sheesh, guy can't catch a break, except in his hands...

true, but we are pretty deep at his spot, with Langford and Payne playing good defense right now.  Johnson clearly was quite rusty, after this set back I wonder how much he will have to contribute for the rest of the season.

I am very interested in the game tonight.  Mostly to see what Coach Barbee's game plan is.  Are we going to go small to match their three guard lineup or do we go big and try to force them to play half court basketball.  I would like to see the later, of course plan and execution are two different things and we may be forced to go small at some point. 

Hoping for a win, but with are past performances I'm guessing 67-59 Arkansas.

Recent past?  Cause we won last Saturday, gave LSU everything the wanted, beat Ole Miss, and gave Kentucky a fight.

Away performances.  We played pretty well at LSU but I don't think my prediction is out of line.

Hoping for a win, but with are past performances I'm guessing 67-59 Arkansas.

Recent past?  Cause we won last Saturday, gave LSU everything the wanted, beat Ole Miss, and gave Kentucky a fight.

Away performances.  We played pretty well at LSU but I don't think my prediction is out of line.

No it's not by any means.  I was just wanting to clarify what exactly you meant.  I got 2 hours of sleep last night... so the mind wasn't wanting to work.

Archived