2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just love to see him in orange and blue. :aufb:

Just my opinion but all we have a good chance at getting is MA but I'd love to have Von Bell and RF but Bell is most likely Ohio State bound and RF is most likely going to UGA. Again that just my opinion don't kill me guys

Signing day is so far away that all we can do is speculate

Especially since he is not committing til NSD.

Signing day is so far away that all we can do is speculate

Especially since he is not committing til NSD.

I know right!!!

Guest EagleDamnWar

"Just getting to know what I didn't know," Adams said. "Like with the 3-4, I thought they were strictly a 3-4 but as I got to watching and learning, they're mostly a 4-3."

WTF??

Also, Adams didn't spend all of his time with people associated with the Alabama program. He spent most

of the day walking around with Auburn commit and five-star defensive end Dee Liner. He said they spent most of the day watching the seven-on-seven and one-on-one drills and just talking about life outside of football.

"Just getting to know what I didn't know," Adams said. "Like with the 3-4, I thought they were strictly a 3-4 but as I got to watching and learning, they're mostly a 4-3."

WTF??

Also, Adams didn't spend all of his time with people associated with the Alabama program. He spent most

of the day walking around with Auburn commit and five-star defensive end Dee Liner. He said they spent most of the day watching the seven-on-seven and one-on-one drills and just talking about life outside of football.

Its great to know he was mostly with Liner. Saban now has the ability to make kids think the 3-4 is the 4-3!? .

WTF??

Its great to know he was mostly with Liner. Saban now has the ability to make kids think the 3-4 is the 4-3!? .

Yea cause all they do is stack up a LB on the line on 1st and 3rd downs lol

WTF??

This. He tells LBs it's a 3-4 and D-linemen it's a 4-3...

WTF??

This. He tells LBs it's a 3-4 and D-linemen it's a 4-3...

That he does

MA would be better served playing in a base 4-3 than a 3-4 because he would be able to consistently play the 3 tech in a 4-3 and use his athleticism to really create havoc in the offensive backfield. The 3-4 or 4-3 at Bama debate all depends on the talent they have at the Jack LB position. Upshaw was very effective rushing the passer and setting the edge and anchoring down on run plays. This coupled with their skill in the secondary allowed them to line up in a 4 man from most of the time on D. In 2009 Anders and Reamer were much better at playing in space and because of that they used a lot more 3 man fronts. The Jack LB is the key to what you can do defensively in the 3-4 and that is why it is such a coveted position for teams like UGA and Bama. I can't stand either team but I really do respect how they play defensively.

Back to MA, a player with his size and skillset would be be doing himself a disservice playing in the 3-4 because he would most likely grow into a 310-325 run stuffer asked to only 2 gap the A gaps over the center. In a 4-3 he would most likely grow into a Fairley, Brockers, or Suh type of presence. This is why I believe that when it comes down to signing day USCw will be our biggest competition for him.

Back to MA, a player with his size and skillset would be be doing himself a disservice playing in the 3-4 because he would most likely grow into a 310-325 run stuffer asked to only 2 gap the A gaps over the center. In a 4-3 he would most likely grow into a Fairley, Brockers, or Suh type of presence. This is why I believe that when it comes down to signing day USCw will be our biggest competition for him.

Why any big time DT would choose to play in a 3-4 in college is beyond me.  It can't be healthy or good for your long term career to be fattened up to 325+ in college.

Why any big time DT would choose to play in a 3-4 in college is beyond me.  It can't be healthy or good for your long term career to be fattened up to 325+ in college.

It has not hurt Jenkins at Gawga at all.

Jenkins is a true 3-4 nose like Cody was at Bama. They are players with different skill sets and purposes than MA IMO. Comparing them is like comparing our LBs to Bamas in size, completely irrelevant due to the schemes being run at each school.

Jenkins is a true 3-4 nose like Cody was at Bama. They are players with different skill sets and purposes than MA IMO. Comparing them is like comparing our LBs to Bamas in size, completely irrelevant due to the schemes being run at each school.

I was not comparing Jenkins to MA. I was just replying to audime's statement

Why any big time DT would choose to play in a 3-4 in college is beyond me.
...by saying it has not hurt Jenkins because INO Jenkins is big time even if he does it differently.

Adams would be able to make a lot more plays if he plays on a line where the teams are also having to cover players like Lawson and Liner. Hopefully he looks at that.

Adams would be able to make a lot more plays if he plays on a line where the teams are also having to cover players like Lawson and Liner. Hopefully he looks at that.

That is why Snellville's comment about USC has merit. The hava a similar situation to Auburn on the D Line.

That is why Snellville's comment about USC has merit. The hava a similar situation to Auburn on the D Line.

Yeah but the Pac 10 isn't known for defense and the offenses don't try to make plays up the middle near as much as the SEC. A lot of football fans can't even name a DLineman from the PAC 10.

Steve Emtman...Washington....1992 LOL

There's always that one guy. ;D

Yeah but the Pac 10 isn't known for defense and the offenses don't try to make plays up the middle near as much as the SEC. A lot of football fans can't even name a DLineman from the PAC 10.

True but the team USC has to beat to win the Pac 12 is Oregon and they love running it up the middle.

The Pac12 as a whole maybe, but I seem to remember a certain USCw team that had a stifling defense come into Jordan Hare and humiliate us. I was there and it sucked to watch it. Plus it was 29 shades of hellfire hot that day.  >:(

We haven't exactly been a defensive power house lately.

That's about to change.

Archived