2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

Clemson's defense will have many problems going forward because they play opposite a hurry up offense.  We know all about that.  Thanks to us slowing our tempo down there really won't be any comparison between our defense numbers and theirs, even if they are talented and well coached.  What might sell for them is that they will almost always play more defensive snaps, so their number 2 guy at most positions will see time on the field.  I know this reasoning well because I thought it was Auburn's best defensive selling point while Gus was here. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clemson's defense will have many problems going forward because they play opposite a hurry up offense.  We know all about that. 

Adding to that is that with their losses on both lines, that next year they may look like we did last year as far as O being stopped quickly and D not being able to get off the field.  And that wouldn't bother me ONE BIT!  :thumbsup:

Only thing he's probably worried about besides fitting in is going to the NFL.  When we and when they had the hurry up offense D tackles went to the NFL.  When I say how the defense play I'm talking about d line.  They do have an impressive history last 4 or 5 years in developing D line.  Maybe they lost their D line coach though IDK

Guest EagleDamnWar

Adams texted Mod on rivals that he would visit AU this summer again.  With that being said, I doubt he commits over the weekend.

Adams texted Mod on rivals that he would visit AU this summer again.  With that being said, I doubt he commits over the weekend.

He has said a number of times that he is not committing until the Army AA Bowl or NSD.

Bryan Matthews projects that we get Adams.

Which is why we should post more in this thread.  RF is certainly a talent, but I think MA is up there in importance as far as completing this defensive class.  :we:

While JLee has M. Adams at 30% with Clemson leading.

JLee is wrong again...Gee what a surprise!

Jonesy is still feeling good about Monty. His reply to JLee having Monty at 30%...

I would put it at 50 if I were being conservative. However, I'm comfortable with projecting him in our class. I think there is a lot of work left to do but we are out in front of any other school.

Jonesy is still feeling good about Monty. His reply to JLee having Monty at 30%...

I would put it at 50 if I were being conservative. However, I'm comfortable with projecting him in our class. I think there is a lot of work left to do but we are out in front of any other school.

I've been saying that for a while now...

That's Awesome Bird! It's reassuring to read it right after his Clemson visit.

Or were you talking about your 50/50 thing again? Baseball has the Mendoza line. I am calling 50/50 the Bird line.

:-\ oh good lord bird has no frickin idea e

:-\ oh good lord bird has no frickin idea e

:laugh:

E, please use yellow when using sarcasism.  I didn't get it at first.

Or were you talking about your 50/50 thing again? Baseball has the Mendoza line. I am calling 50/50 the Bird line.

I see you're as quick as always...

I see you're as quick as always...

Yep. Thats me. Dull as a Butter knife sometimes. lol

OK, forgive me for my limited vocabulary, but will someone explain to me what "sarcasism" is? :laugh::dunno::laugh:

OK, forgive me for my limited vocabulary, but will someone explain to me what "sarcasism" is? :laugh::dunno::laugh:

Oops, I meant sarcastisism.

It's between us and Clemson.  I think how each of our defenses performs has alot to do with where he decides

That's a poor basis for deciding which school to attend........... :cool:

Jonesy is still feeling good about Monty. JLee having Monty at 30%...

Two reasons that I feel that we get Adams!!  :D

Archived