2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be wrong but Adams seems to enjoy the smaller town atmosphere thus the reason for him having Auburn and Clemson at the top of his list. I know CEO and CLK can recruit but selling a small town kid like Adams on a big city like LA is going to be a uphill battle imo.

At least our commits will be around him more than any of USC's, to help sway him to Auburn. 

Until the Army All American Bowl where there is a few USC commits playing and right now only Rodgers is the only potential Auburn commit in that game.

Boy, I hope he signs with the good guys!!!  This young man is a monster and will be a monster in the coming 4 yrs.

Monty will visit Auburn and Clemson again this summer and may also vissit Bammer and Florida too.

i dont recall auburn ever recruiting head to head this intensely with this many recruits (adams-some, bigelow-a little, rodgers-a lot, plus a couple others at some point - cravens?) against usc? we are banging heads with some worthy opponents ... even on the left coast.

i dont recall auburn ever recruiting head to head this intensely with this many recruits (adams-some, bigelow-a little, rodgers-a lot, plus a couple others at some point - cravens?) against use?  we are banging heads with some worthy opponents ... even on the left coast.

I agree.  It has been something missing before Chizik and Co. got here.  No fear in going after what they want and getting it.  I think the pressure from UA has upped the stakes...I am glad Chizik is not afraid to rise to the challenge.

War Eagle!!!

:wedance:

Chizik is pure man, he isn't afraid of anything. I don't know why, but my gut is telling me we won't get Monty. Such a long way until NSD, it is impossible to know if how he feels now will be the same next Feb. I hope Liner and Lawson keep working on him and build that friendship.

I agree with ya, I think Liner and Lawson are gonna get after him hard. I think he will sign with us for that reason. I believe he's gonna realize, with these two guys on your team, there wont be much double teaming one guy

i dont recall auburn ever recruiting head to head this intensely with this many recruits (adams-some, bigelow-a little, rodgers-a lot, plus a couple others at some point - cravens?) against use?  we are banging heads with some worthy opponents ... even on the left coast.

I agree.  It has been something missing before Chizik and Co. got here.   No fear in going after what they want and getting it.   I think the pressure from UA has upped the stakes...I am glad Chizik is not afraid to rise to the challenge.

War Eagle!!!

Agree with both posts above and will add that we belong on the short list of top recruits. AU has some of the finest facilities, one of the best stadiums, top notch school, best atmosphere and upper echelon coaching staff. I wouldn't have said all of these things 30 years ago even though we were a special place then. It has taken a lot of hard work from a lot of different people and players. We belong.

Agree with both posts above and will add that we belong on the short list of top recruits. AU has some of the finest facilities, one of the best stadiums, top notch school, best atmosphere and upper echelon coaching staff. I wouldn't have said all of these things 30 years ago even though we were a special place then. It has taken a lot of hard work from a lot of different people and players. We belong.

Well said, Wiregrass.

War Eagle

I agree.  It has been something missing before Chizik and Co. got here.   No fear in going after what they want and getting it.   I think the pressure from UA has upped the stakes...I am glad Chizik is not afraid to rise to the challenge.

War Eagle!!!

And I'll agree with all of this. Yes, well said wiregrass.

Yes, we aren't the irrelevant little brother that the majority of the state wants to believe we are.  Our history speaks for itself.  That said, I REALLY hope we can land Monty.  Lawson and Liner are obviously very impressive, and it's a testament that they've been onboard as long as they have, but pulling Monty would cement our staff not only as strong evaluators of talent, but as able to PULL the top recruits late in the process as well.  Hopefully he'll chose the good guys and put a closing stamp on this SOLID defensive recruiting class. W.D.E.!  :we:

I think Adams told an interviewer that he would not be playin with Robert (Really long name that IDK how to spell so I am saying this).  That said, I am really high on Liner and Lawson, but don't forget Bowers that kid can ball.

I think Adams told an interviewer that he would not be playin with Robert (Really long name that IDK how to spell so I am saying this).  That said, I am really high on Liner and Lawson, but don't forget Bowers that kid can ball.

He did not say he would not play with Robert N. He just said he has not thought about playing with him.

visited bama last weekend says "they sold me on the marcell darius role"..

I'm sure they were "selling" something, alright!!!  Suits, cars, job, apartments, crack.

Why are they living on "role" comparisons when selling themselves to recruits?  "You can be the next ________ (insert T Rich, Dareus, Upshaw here)"   :banghead:

Why are they living on "role" comparisons when selling themselves to recruits?  "You can be the next ________ (insert T Rich, Dareus, Upshaw here)"   :banghead:

Because this is all they have to offer these kids.  Granted, this is a huge incentive, but let's face it.  They can't promote the town, their campus fails in comparison to many schools, their facilities are nice but dated, and they don't have the "Family" aspect, which bothers them more than any of the other issues combined.  Academics take a back seat to football in Turdtown, so they have to rely on the almighty dollar to sway these kids and their parents.  Unfortunately, in the world we live in, this is more than enough for most kids/parents.  Sad, but true.

Guys relax! He is not biting! In the End it will be between Auburn, Clemson, and USC. Just to give you an idea how much Monty liked the visit he could not even remember the names of the Bammer players he hung out with.

Guys relax! He is not biting! In the End it will be between Auburn, Clemson, and USC. Just to give you an idea how much Monty liked the visit he could not even remember the names of the Bammer players he hung out with.

Thats cause he hung out with Liner the whole time. :thumbsup:

Haha, that's funny.  It just bothers me to see people fall for completely fabricated sales pitches, no matter what they're buying.  Regardless of where he signs, hopefully Monty did see through the BS.  He has no business playing in a 3-4 D. 

Archived