2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

Our D-Line class would be the sickest ever landed if we got this guy. 3  Five stars on the D-Line alone? RIDICULOUS!!! Come on down and help AU have the most talented, feared, deepest D-line in all of NCAA football!!!

on paper still behind the Gator 2010 class. Jets hope our tigers out produce them on the field.

If we landed Foster (2), Adams (10), Lawson (14), Liner (15), Matthews (85), Ramsey (90) and Bowers (most likely top 100 in end) that still wouldn't match Florida's 2010 D haul of Powell (1), Floyd (4), Easley (7), Elam (25), Shaw (28), Watkins (47), and Orr (95)

2 quick things.

1. I hope we get all these guys.

2.  I hope our guys perform better than the UF guys have on hte field. I have heard several of the UF guys have been difficult to handle. Wanting special treatment, etc.. I hope our guys know they have to work, and work real hard for success.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our D-Line class would be the sickest ever landed if we got this guy. 3  Five stars on the D-Line alone? RIDICULOUS!!! Come on down and help AU have the most talented, feared, deepest D-line in all of NCAA football!!!

on paper still behind the Gator 2010 class. Jets hope our tigers out produce them on the field.

If we landed Foster (2), Adams (10), Lawson (14), Liner (15), Matthews (85), Ramsey (90) and Bowers (most likely top 100 in end) that still wouldn't match Florida's 2010 D haul of Powell (1), Floyd (4), Easley (7), Elam (25), Shaw (28), Watkins (47), and Orr (95)

2 quick things.

2.  I hope our guys perform better than the UF guys have on hte field. I have heard several of the UF guys have been difficult to handle. Wanting special treatment, etc.. I hope our guys know they have to work, and work real hard for success.

I think Van Gorder has a certain way of communicating that point too.

;D

2 quick things.

I think something was going on at Florida that we know nothing about. Whatever it was, the end results were bad for Florida and my guess is that if we knew more about it it would have turned out even worse for Florida.

2 quick things.

True, all.  I referenced the UF situation with Powell and Easley in another thread.  I would love to sit in with Coach Boom and hear him talk candidly about the way Urban left that program.

2 quick things.

I think Van Gorder has a certain way of communicating that point too.

;D

I think Chizik is the one who instills this from the top down.

Quote from Montravius Adams regarding the Rivals Five-Star Challenge:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along with Foster, Dee Liner and Carl Lawson, Adams said he and his three other friends have spoken about their respective goals for the upcoming event.

"We've talked about it a little bit," Adams said. "We want to just prove that there's no offensive line that can beat us. We want to do that and just compete for each other."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Liner, Lawson, Foster, and Adams are playing together in some fashion during the 5-star challenge!  :-\

quote:

Along with Foster, Dee Liner and Carl Lawson, Adams said he and his three other friends have spoken about their respective goals for the upcoming event.

"We've talked about it a little bit," Adams said. "We want to just prove that there's no offensive line that can beat us. We want to do that and just compete for each other."

So Liner, Lawson, Foster, and Adams are playing together in some fashion during the 5-star challenge!  :-\

Compete "for" each other?!?! That's a pretty exciting quote actually! If we got all 4 of those 5* guys...my goodnes!! :wedance:

I wouldn't read into this interview to much. To me, Adams seemed to be genuinely uninterested in being interviewed.

Which interview are you talking about? The quote above or the Rivals free interview texastiger was talking about.

quote:

Compete "for" each other?!?! That's a pretty exciting quote actually! If we got all 4 of those 5* guys...my goodnes!! :wedance:

Just image how good they would be after going up against all the 4 and 5" guys in practice, that we have gotten on the Oline the last few years. Both side would make the other side that much better.

I wouldn't read into this interview to much. To me, Adams seemed to be genuinely uninterested in being interviewed.

Which interview are you talking about? The quote above or the Rivals free interview texastiger was talking about.

the rivals free one

quote:

And of all those guys Monty is the only one that will not be at the Under Armour game in January. He will be at the Army AA Bowl. Maybe the other guys can all be on the same team at the UA Game.

Guest EagleDamnWar

watched the latest rivals interview video which is free....honestly didn't get the warm and fuzzies. 

The Rivals interview is 2 months old.  After BCW, I am sure M. Adams thinks more of Auburn.

watched the latest rivals interview video which is free....honestly didn't get the warm and fuzzies. 

The Rivals interview is 2 months old.  After BCW, I am sure M. Adams thinks more of Auburn.

The video interveiw and the written interveiw are 2 seperate interviews on the same page. Are you sure both are 2 months old and who is Adam's High School coach that was Coached by Pelton?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1372894&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The video interveiw and the written interveiw are 2 seperate interviews on the same page. Are you sure both are 2 months old and who is Adam's High School coach that was Coached by Pelton?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1372894&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ellitor, his high school DC is Shelton Felton, who played for Coach Pelton at Troy.  I refer to this as the Shelton Felton Pelton effect. :happydance::hellyeah:

I definitely love to hear that Liner, Lawson, Adams, and Foster are all friends and are already thinking of themselves as one defensive unit. I would just have a hard time imagining them acting like this together if they intended on being on rival teams in college. If these guys are developing this special type of chemistry in high school, it excites me to think about what it could be like in college if they all end up with the good guys.

Anyone know if CGC has ever reserved a  jersey number for a certain recruit before? Wondering since MA wants #7.

he won't be reserving number 7 for anyone, i wouldn't think. it's retired.

According to a Facebook stalker on Scout he has as his favorite teams: Boston Celtics, Auburn Tigers.

hahahhaha...lmfao!

But that's awesome to see! I just read that too.

According to a Facebook stalker on Scout he has as his favorite teams: Boston Celtics, Auburn Tigers.

hahahhaha...lmfao!

But that's awesome to see! I just read that too.

So can we go ahead and assume that he may be a silent?

Archived