2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

watched the latest rivals interview video which is free....honestly didn't get the warm and fuzzies. 

The Rivals interview is 2 months old.  After BCW, I am sure M. Adams thinks more of Auburn.

The video interveiw and the written interveiw are 2 seperate interviews on the same page. Are you sure both are 2 months old and who is Adam's High School coach that was Coached by Pelton?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1372894&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ellitor, his high school DC us Shelton Felton, who played for Coach Pelton at Troy.  I refer to this as the Shelton Felton Pelton effect. :happydance::hellyeah:

:laugh::bow:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a Facebook stalker on Scout he has as his favorite teams: Boston Celtics, Auburn Tigers.

hahahhaha...lmfao!

But that's awesome to see! I just read that too.

So can we go ahead and assume that he may be a silent?

He's committing to the Boston Celtics?

watched the latest rivals interview video which is free....honestly didn't get the warm and fuzzies. 

The Rivals interview is 2 months old.  After BCW, I am sure M. Adams thinks more of Auburn.

The video interveiw and the written interveiw are 2 seperate interviews on the same page. Are you sure both are 2 months old and who is Adam's High School coach that was Coached by Pelton?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1372894&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ellitor, his high school DC us Shelton Felton, who played for Coach Pelton at Troy.  I refer to this as the Shelton Felton Pelton effect. :happydance::hellyeah:

YES! I love that I have gotten Big Bang Theory types references onto this board!

The Rivals interview is 2 months old. After BCW, I am sure M. Adams thinks more of Auburn.

ellitor, his high school DC us Shelton Felton, who played for Coach Pelton at Troy. I refer to this as the Shelton Felton Pelton effect. :happydance::hellyeah:

YES! I love that I have gotten Big Bang Theory types references onto this board!

1932742-bazinga.gif

Anyone know if CGC has ever reserved a  jersey number for a certain recruit before? Wondering since MA wants #7.

he won't be reserving number 7 for anyone, i wouldn't think. it's retired.

Good point. Still wondering if we've used this as a recruiting tool before.

Anyone know if CGC has ever reserved a  jersey number for a certain recruit before? Wondering since MA wants #7.

Well if the number is available I do not see the harm in using it as a recruiting tool.

It does not matter if he wants 7. I believe DL in the SEC can wear single diget uniforms.

I don't understand. Do you know if we've used this as a recruiting tool before?

It does not matter if he wants 7. I believe DL in the SEC can wear single diget uniforms.

I changed my above post after finding the rule. Read my post again.

Hopefully, 7 won't be a very big factor in his decision. You never know what can sway kids but I think it's probably not a very sound reason to choose a school, imo.

Hopefully, 7 won't be a very big factor in his decision. You never know what can sway kids but I think it's probably not a very sound reason to choose a school, imo.

They are 17-18 year old kids. Do we really expect them to think logically?...There are about 20-25 kids that choose Bammer every year that don't think logically.  :rolleyes:

Heard he had a great visit at Tennessee. Anybody have any new info on him?

He is still there having a great time. It surpassed his expectations. He will go back there for a game. He is wide open in recruitment now. And what may be best for Auburn is his coach chooses his trips for him. His coached played under Coach Pelton

I don't believe that DLs can wear a single digit number. I think there are guidelines about numbering according to position. 

He is still there having a great time. It surpassed his expectations. He will go back there for a game. He is wide open in recruitment now. And what may be best for Auburn is his coach chooses his trips for him. His coached played under Coach Pelton

until Jonesy says otherwise, I don't think Adams' recruitment is wide open at all.

until Jonesy says otherwise, I don't think Adams' recruitment is wide open at all.

^^This^^

agree....but things change quickly for 17/18 years olds.  They are quite impressionable.

^^This^^

Cool. I was just paraphrasing what Monty said to 247. His words, not mine.

^^This^^

Cool. I was just paraphrasing what Monty said to 247. His words, not mine.

Even at the height of Adams' recruitment recently when we thought he might actually commit, he was still telling all of the writers that he's open. You won't get much out of him, publicly.

DL can wear any # they want in college. OL have to wear #50-79.

Yeah as an example look at Melvin Ingram for USCe. He was either 6 or 8.

6!

Archived