Tennessee Game

jwmboom7

I'll go with UT 67 AU 64. I think we will play them close but still wont get over that hump. Also, UT has looked a lot better in their previous few games w/ that win against UCONN. If Auburn wins this game, I see us being at .500 in SEC play by the end of the year and being a dangerous team in the SEC tourney.  :we:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually am going to guess we pull this one off.  We need to score a road win and we've improved play. We'll get that killer instinct tomorrow and put them away!  War Eagle!

We are playing yet another bad SEC team tomorrow (think USCe) and I agree, it is somewhat of a must win for us. Is it a season-ender if we lose? Of course not. But a game like this, a very winnable conference game, is very important to a team looking to break out and start reaching their potential. I hope we take advantage of this and are able to finish them if we get the chance. WDE.

We are playing yet another bad SEC team tomorrow (think USCe) and I agree, it is somewhat of a must win for us. Is it a season-ender if we lose? Of course not. But a game like this, a very winnable conference game, is very important to a team looking to break out and start reaching their potential. I hope we take advantage of this and are able to finish them if we get the chance. WDE.

What are you talking about a bad SEC team?  Tennessee beat Florida and UConn this year.  They played Kentucky even closer than us, and they play a much more difficult out of confrence schedule than us.  Would you care to explain where you got that they are a bad team? 

What are you talking about a bad SEC team?  Tennessee beat Florida and UConn this year.  They played Kentucky even closer than us, and they play a much more difficult out of confrence schedule than us.  Would you care to explain where you got that they are a bad team? 

Well let's see, they are next to last place in the SEC with a 1-4 league record and have an overall record of 9-11. I believe they currently have an RPI ranking of 159. If you want to call them a good team, then by all means do so.

I actually am going to guess we pull this one off.  We need to score a road win and we've improved play. We'll get that killer instinct tomorrow and put them away!  War Eagle!

Couldn't agree more.

Well let's see, they are next to last place in the SEC with a 1-4 league record and have an overall record of 9-11. I believe they currently have an RPI ranking of 159. If you want to call them a good team, then by all means do so.

I'm not calling them good, but they aren't bad.  I'd say they're a decent team that has somewhat underacheived with a new HC.  I'm not going to argue with you, but you can't just look at W-L and RPI.  Who and where they played factor in too. 

I'm not calling them good, but they aren't bad.  I'd say they're a decent team that has somewhat underacheived with a new HC.  I'm not going to argue with you, but you can't just look at W-L and RPI.  Who and where they played factor in too. 

Tennesse definately has not underachieved this year. they have overachieved by alot Tennesse was suppossed to be the next Indiana with all these violations no one expected them to be competing with this teams at all. they were suppossed to be the worst team in the SEC.

BOTTOM LINE: Tennessee can just about beat anybody in the country on any given day. They have showed that they can beat very good teams. If i recall correctly, they played Duke fairly close at the beginning of the year and gave Kentucky all they wanted. But they are a little inconsistent, so it should be interesting to see how this one unfolds. 

Tennesse definately has not underachieved this year. they have overachieved by alot Tennesse was suppossed to be the next Indiana with all these violations no one expected them to be competing with this teams at all. they were suppossed to be the worst team in the SEC.

I was really talking mostly about their losses to Oakland, Austin Peay, and College of Charleston.  Those three are games that they probably shouldn't have lost, but other than that they have had a very respectable season. 

BOTTOM LINE: Tennessee can just about beat anybody in the country on any given day. They have showed that they can beat very good teams. If i recall correctly, they played Duke fairly close at the beginning of the year and gave Kentucky all they wanted. But they are a little inconsistent, so it should be interesting to see how this one unfolds. 

RoboChubb will double-double.  17 pts, 11 rebs.  Tigers win.  Take it to the Credit Union.

I just hope we find some kind of offensive consistency... I swear if I have to watch another game where its 22-19 at half I'm turning it off.... That was painful last week

This is slightly off-topic re: this thread, but as it relates to AU basketball...Coach Mike Anderson is a friggin elluva coach, and I just wonder what might've been had AU secured his coaching services back in '04 when we hired Jeff Lebo.  His youthful AR team is playing very hard these days, and their style of play is relentless.  I'm a MA fan, and have been since his UAB days.  Ok, back to the coonhounds...

This is slightly off-topic re: this thread, but as it relates to AU basketball...Coach Mike Anderson is a friggin elluva coach, and I just wonder what might've been had AU secured his coaching services back in '04 when we hired Jeff Lebo.  His youthful AR team is playing very hard these days, and their style of play is relentless.  I'm a MA fan, and have been since his UAB days.  Ok, back to the coonhounds...

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Archived