jwmboom7

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

final score  

turds   55  ....  Tigers   49

the turds outscored us  24 - 5  at the freethrow line

Typical bball game in the sec.  The refs ALWAYS have a favorite.  I have watched many games in the past few years and have not seen ONE GAME called evenly.  Just pathetic.

Great... we dropped below Georgia.

Don't look too much into that. This team made unbelievable strides this year. For starters, the entire sec got better this year. Second, we have been plagued by injuries this season. Heck, we had FIVE out tonight (one of which was suspended).  Three, look at our record. We have only three home losses. One is to the number 1 team in the country (and we nearly won it). Another one was the first time we played bama. We played horribly in the second half, but the first half was full of horrible officiating which, I think, contributed to the poor second half play. The third was against Arkansas last week. We barely lost and we had 5 players out (including two of our team's top offensive players). Four, we lose only one player next year. Five, Noel Johnson is finally starting to step up (who ma stand to replace that one player we lose).Six, we had a top 25 recruiting class for the first time in years.

The sky isn't falling guys. Things are looking up.  Just have some faith in Barbee.

Don't look too much into that. This team made unbelievable strides this year. For starters, the entire sec got better this year. Second, we have been plagued by injuries this season. Heck, we had FIVE out tonight (one of which was suspended).  Three, look at our record. We have only three home losses. One is to the number 1 team in the country (and we nearly won it). Another one was the first time we played bama. We played horribly in the second half, but the first half was full of horrible officiating which, I think, contributed to the poor second half play. The third was against Arkansas last week. We barely lost and we had 5 players out (including two of our team's top offensive players). Four, we lose only one player next year. Five, Noel Johnson is finally starting to step up (who ma stand to replace that one player we lose).Six, we had a top 25 recruiting class for the first time in years.

The sky isn't falling guys. Things are looking up.  Just have some faith in Barbee.

absolutely, positively agree 110%      excellent post

Could not agree more!

I have great faith in Coach Barbee and what he is accom

They did play a good game tonight. And if we had said FS and KG would have had the games they had tonight, all of us would have said Bama beats us worse than the first game. Not into moral victories, but with only losing 1 starter and top 25 recruiting class, we should be a lot better next year. As a matter of fact, we will be a NCAA tournament team next year, if the recruits are as good as they say.

final score  

12 free throws versus 32 for them.  I couldn't watch or listen.  How did that happen?  uat is not that disciplined.

final free throw tally

turds       24 - 32

Tigers        5 - 12

" 3 misses were front end of 1-1.

IF AU makes 2 of those 3, and follows with 1 of those 2.   and hits 8 of the 12 mentioned - we win.

final score  

12 free throws versus 32 for them.  I couldn't watch or listen.  How did that happen?  uat is not that disciplined.

after the first 2 "ticky-tack" (Rod's word) fouls Rod said, "get used to it folks with this crew it's gonna be that kind of night for the Tigers".  He even named 2 of the officials and commented that they would not be fair.

Noel Johnson our best shooter this game didn't play the last few minutes of the game. Dumb move by Barbee in my opinion

Yeah BUT i have never seen someone pass as bad as he did tonight. Just stupid passes he made. And sometimes he would miss an easy pass.

Noel Johnson our best shooter this game didn't play the last few minutes of the game. Dumb move by Barbee in my opinion

Yeah BUT i have never seen someone pass as bad as he did tonight. Just stupid passes he made. And sometimes he would miss an easy pass.

I agree but we still need his offense

I never claimed the sky was falling. I know the huge strides we made this year. It was just disappointing to be so close in several games and not be able to close them out. Free throws have plagued us. Too bad KG will be gone. Someone will need to step up into his place big time. I have faith in Barbee and this team.

They did play a good game tonight. And if we had said FS and KG would have had the games they had tonight, all of us would have said Bama beats us worse than the first game. Not into moral victories, but with only losing 1 starter and top 25 recruiting class, we should be a lot better next year. As a matter of fact, we will be a NCAA tournament team next year, if the recruits are as good as they say.

This is this problem. FS and KG are our team's only two real scorers. We rely on them to do everything on offense, and when defenses only have to worry about two players, it makes their lives a whole lot easier. If the defenses take them away or FS and KG just have off nights (like tonight), we have nobody else to turn to and we're done.

Our team is severely lacking pure scorers. Barbee is bringing some in, but it's gonna take some time. Until we get some semblance of a decent to good offense, we're just not going to win many of these close games if any. That's what you're seeing right now.

Bama's quality win is Wichita St....?????

Real tough opponent there...

You don't keep up with college basketball all that closely do you? Wichita State is a VERY good team. Lots of folks they could be this year's VCU. That's a good win.

Thinking about the game last night I can tell you this Kouassi is going to be a stud when he puts some weight on

I am also really excited about Willy. He's shown occasional flashes of domination on the defensive end. I also think he has the ability to become a low post threat on offense as well.  He has a lot of room to develop and great upside. He's just so raw right now. I expect him to make the most strides during the offseason. Plus, with a name like Kouassi, he's bound to get some sort of sweet nick name or alias!

Archived