Andy Kennedy quote

AU0188

Ole Miss Rebels' head coach commenting on his leading scorer Terrance Henry's lack of play in their win over Auburn:

"About through the second half, I thought that Terrance had joined them, joined the scam."

This little statement bothers me. It's the "joined them" part of the comment. It's a collective phrase implying that Auburn is guilty in this "scandal".  I know that all the facts haven't surfaced, but being so, I think this statement is completely immature and unnecessary on behalf of Kennedy. It's become so easy to throw stones at Auburn. What say you? Oh, and  >:(

Isn't this the same d-bag that had some snide comments after the game earlier this year?  Can't remember exactly what he said, but was very childish. 

Know we will take the high road, but we should demand a public apology from Kennedy. As long as stuff like this goes on, without any reprisals, it will only get worse.

He was also the one who ran his mouth a lot this summer with the whole Chizik asking the NCAA lady when they we're going to announce we were cleared in the Cam case.

Mississippi’s basketball coach, Andy Kennedy, said that he believed Chizik “was trying to get some finality to when the process was over, and it was an interesting debate, to say the least.”

“I think the format of the meeting was set up to be generally about the lay of the land going forward,” Kennedy continued. “When he got into specific questions regarding their situation, I think we were all sitting back saying, ‘I didn’t know that we were going here.’ ”

Kennedy said Roe Lach gave general answers at first, but Chizik’s persistence forced her into a bigger statement — that the N.C.A.A. was still investigating Auburn.

“I’m not sure she wanted it to be that way,” Kennedy said. “I’m speculating, but it seemed like a situation where she was like, ‘Do I go left or do I go right here?’ ”

It sounds bad but I think you are reading to much into it.

Sorry but I disagree. the "joined them" didn't bother me as much as "joined the scam". Extremely out of line IMO. Classless at the very least.

Sorry but I disagree. the "joined them" didn't bother me as much as "joined the scam". Extremely out of line IMO. Classless at the very least.

Agree the "joined the scam" is the worse quote of the two. If Veraz was the only one from the team involved, where is the scam?

Agree the "joined the scam" is the worse quote of the two. If Veraz was the only one from the team involved, where is the scam?

As someone mentioned earlier, this isn't the first time Kennedy has been out of line concerning Auburn.  It's hard for me to regard this statement as trivial. It's bigger than basketball.  Regardless of how we feel or what we know, a lot of people still believe Auburn paid Cam Newton and that has lead to an increased false reputation on behalf of the school.  So, I think Kennedy feels secure in making comments like this because it's towards Auburn.  If he wants to apologize for it, great. But he doesn't have to and I doubt he will.  Remember the notion of "us against the world"?  I'm afraid there is a lot of truth to that concept.  When he says "joined them" he's not just saying joined Auburn's basketball team....he's saying joined Auburn.

Nope, not oversensitive or reading too much into it.  That was a direct shot at Auburn.  Jay Jacobs should send a recording to the SEC and demand action. 

Nope, not oversensitive or reading too much into it.  That was a direct shot at Auburn.  Jay Jacobs should send a recording to the SEC and demand action. 

ha, boom.

He's a punk. I bet he wouldn't make that remark if Barbee was standing there.

well considering Barbee is like 6'7 i dont think many coaches would make that comment to his face.

Height won't win any "disagreements" amongst men, attitude and pure toughness is why Barbee would get him.  :laugh:

As someone mentioned earlier, this isn't the first time Kennedy has been out of line concerning Auburn.  It's hard for me to regard this statement as trivial. It's bigger than basketball.  Regardless of how we feel or what we know, a lot of people still believe Auburn paid Cam Newton and that has lead to an increased false reputation on behalf of the school.  So, I think Kennedy feels secure in making comments like this because it's towards Auburn.  If he wants to apologize for it, great. But he doesn't have to and I doubt he will.  Remember the notion of "us against the world"?  I'm afraid there is a lot of truth to that concept.  When he says "joined them" he's not just saying joined Auburn's basketball team....he's saying joined Auburn.

Let's all make sure to give this d-bag a nice reception when he visits Auburn Arena next year.  I don't care if he apologizes or not, he will not be welcome on the Plains!

I agree with you. AK was way out of line.

He won't appologize, it's his perception that Auburn cheats.  He's just classless enough to publically verbalize his feelings. 

We may as well get used to it, like water off a ducks back......  I look forward to the day when the bad publicity about my alma matre ceases to exist. 

Are we really concerned what this (insert witty insult here) thinks?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvKRZ4AnDSchXrx3Tb21uynGVEiA0V-iklKye2h_873qKA7iqu(Mugshot included for dramatic visual reference)

Agree 100%... :thumbsup:

For some reason, we always take slots from others, but we never fire back. I think if we'd start firing back, it would show that we do have a back bone and we stand up against those who slams us all the time.

Archived