Brutal Spring?

87aubie

Is it just me, or does it seem like this is already a brutal spring for injuries for us?  Seems like I read about a new one every day.  I hope this isn't a trend that continues through the summer and fall.

Seems like that happens most years, actually. I wonder how much it might be precautionary stuff, something they would play through during the season but prefer to stay off of now in order to be ready to go when fall comes.

Seems like that happens most years, actually. I wonder how much it might be precautionary stuff, something they would play through during the season but prefer to stay off of now in order to be ready to go when fall comes.

I was thinking the same thing. Wright's surgery is the only thing that's major (I hope).

I recall hearing Chizik say they were going to have as physical of a spring as possible. But then he said they'd have to judge each practice how hard to go based on how many injuries piled up--almost like he was expecting quite a few.

I also think they're being very cautious with a lot of guys when they get a little dinged up.

One thing I've learned over the years is that brutal springs are better than brutal falls. There's plenty of time for these guys to get 100% healthy going into fall practices.

Wasn't it the 2009 season where we were so short-handed on defense because of injuries before the season even started?  Seems like we lost half of what would have been our 2 deep roster on defense that year.

As soft as this team played in 2011 on both sides of the ball, it is a good thing to have a tough spring.  I don't want anyone to be truly injured, but I am all for this team becoming tougher and more hardnosed.

wde

Wasn't it the 2009 season where we were so short-handed on defense because of injuries before the season even started?  Seems like we lost half of what would have been our 2 deep roster on defense that year.

Depth was already a huge issue, but yea, a few injuries definitely made it worse. I don't think those injuries started piling up until the season started though.

Didn't a fair number of these injury issue preceed the start of practice....guys recovering from surgeries that are being brought along in time for the coming season?

As soft as this team played in 2011 on both sides of the ball, it is a good thing to have a tough spring.  I don't want anyone to be truly injured, but I am all for this team becoming tougher and more hardnosed.

wde

^^^^^

100% agree. The UGA game was the most frustrating game to me last season.....

In 2009 because we were shorthanded any injury was magnified. That is why we did't do as much contact in practice which was reflected to an extent during the year. This year with better depth and with some people saying we need to get more physical after last year. The intensity of practices is being notched up higher. I would expect more ding and bang type injuries. The one serious injury was actually before we started the heavy hitting.  I am sure coached will watch it and as long as just normal hard hitting bangs and briuises expect a lot of them. I doubt they will back off on the contact unless they start seeing it have a deleterious affect.

wde

^^^^^

^^^ Yep.

wde

^^^^^

^^^ Yep.

As I sat down with an unopened beer to another AU turnover I may or may not have chucked said beer out my front door. The wife was proud of that one. Glad to hear that this spring seems to be night and day when compared to last spring.

About halfway through the 3rd quarter, I went into the woods behind my house with a machete and starting cutting things down.

100-1.gif

Knock wood but a bad bad spring ususally includes the 'two or 3- Surgery out for the year nightmares comming true',

Seems to be a tough brutal go get em spring with nothing major bad happening....cross fingers that it continues.

eagle.gif

Archived