Auburn vs. Bammer Game 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foxhall needs to get his head out of his rear end too! No way in the world you don't send Glevanyak with less than 2 outs there.

Yeah, I thought so too.

Wheels coming off again?

Come on guys!

You're in this despite some coaching and officiating!

I think the theory is to play the percentages...but unless they have changed the book in recent years, we seem to have problems with the math.    Base coaches not doing the job.

Oh oh....going back to small ball?   Must have a dozen and a half hits by now and Gonz is trying to bunt.  Hate it?

I agree. I understand the theory behind it but I hate watching it.

Without a doubt that was the correct play. You aren't playing for a big inning in that situation. You are playing for 1 run. Anything else is icing on the cake. Think of it this way, Glevanyak still got to second with one out on the passed ball. Just say he got there by Gonzalez's bunt. The single by Simpson would tie the game (had Foxhall done the right thing and sent him). And if Gonzo gets the bunt down and then the passed ball happens, Creede's single ties the game.

Foxhall needs to get his head out of his rear end too! No way in the world you don't send Glevanyak with less than 2 outs there.

This. Our coaches seem to have just as many lapses as our players. That was ridiculous, and could cost us the game. We have speed, yet we didn't use it. :banghead:

I think normal practice in a close game is to play for a tie at home.....and a win on the road.     Did we forget where we were playing?

I think normal practice in a close game is to play for a tie at home.....and a win on the road.     Did we forget where we were playing?

In a game you were done 7-2 against a bad team? I'd take my chances in extra frames.

OMG....walk two and hit one to get to their best hitter with the bases loaded.   :banghead:  

In a game you were done 7-2 against a bad team? I'd take my chances in extra frames.

Absolutely. Especially against a team with a shaky bullpen.

I'm just so frustrated with some of the coaching moves this game. I know i'm not a coach, and they know a whole heap of a lot more than me, but then they pull games like this out of their *** and make me question that thought. Either way, there's still two more games, lets take the series barring a miracle tonight, and go home. And perform a serious evaluation of what kind of team we have, swing away or small ball.

Leadoff walks always come back to haunt you.   Then more walks after that.   :banghead:

I just had a feeling that ZB wasn't the guy tonight. :(

bammer was just very motivated tonight. AU has to win tomorrow and put them back in their place.

Which shaky bullpen where you referring to?    If memory serves, our pen has lost about as many games as they have saved and Z has not had much luck this season.  

Not second guessing the end result, but IMO our best opportunty was to score when we had the guy in scoring position on second.   Anyway, it's only one game....but a generally sorry way to start the series.

Archived