Auburn vs. Bammer Game 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible game for our coaching staff tonight. Still think we win the series (we better), but this one is gonna sting.

Yeah that's a head scratcher....

I don't mind losing to bamr in any sport when they are better than Auburn but we so often lose to those guys when we have the better team.

Can't get any worse. Time to unleash hell the rest of the weekend. Except Easter.

Well....our Tigers are already spending the night there.    :zapbama:

probably ...but tonight looks like we have reverted to early-season issues. .....walks, baserunning boo boos, LOBs, etc.    We get 16 hits and leave 9 on base....meanwhile the worst team in the league gets 8  hits and scores 10 runs from them.   

And what's with ZB?  Is he hurt....I mean, he was just throwing a bunch of junk up there and could not find the plate.  Should have been obvious to JP after the first couple batters that Zach was in trouble.  Instead, the coaches let a righty with control problems pitch to Bama's best hitter (a lefty) with the bases loaded?  Can't understand that. 

In college baseball, like football, when you have the better team, you should win....whether it's Purdue, Missouri or Bama.....and not consider that winning 2 out of 3 in a series is acceptable.  JMO

Sorry....was not my intent to call out Zach personally...though it sounds that way.

My gripe was with the coaches who left him out there when he was in trouble right from the start.  It was a tight game and they let him dig a hole and finally with the bases full he had no flexibility to nibble or whatever and was facing the Tide's best hitter...had to throw strikes.    IMO, the primary job of a coach during a game is to know when the pitcher should come out. 

Sorry....was not my intent to call out Zach personally...though it sounds that way.

My gripe was with the coaches who left him out there when he was in trouble right from the start.  It was a tight game and they let him dig a hole and finally with the bases full he had no flexibility to nibble or whatever and was facing the Tide's best hitter...had to throw strikes.     IMO, the primary job of a coach during a game is to know when the pitcher should come out.   

Absolutely.  A pitcher can not have his best stuff every time out.  The coaches should be able to see when a pitcher doesn't have his best stuff.  I knew when ZB hit a batter with a curve that got away then walked another, it was time for him to go.  At that point we were only down by one so it wasn't a case of giving in and saving the bullpen for today.  ZB should have been pulled.  This was not a good game for our coaching staff.

I was impressed we fought back to make it a game but very disappointed that we didn't finish. The was by far one of the coaching staffs worst games. However not time to panic yet. We can still take the next 2 and be just fine. Sweeps are fun but at the end of the day its about winning every series you play. I expect us to win by a large margin today

Don't wanna bash any players but I'm sorry but Blatt has been pretty terrible all year... When I saw he was coming in I immediately knew the game was over and they were gonna score.... Shoulda gone to Ortman or after the walk brought Luckie in to face the lefty

I was at the game last night so I wasn't able to add to any of the discussion.  Disappointing loss for sure, we hit the ball much better than them, but two swings of the bats scored 7 of their runs.  Grand Slams > Solo HRs by a lot.

I was very disappointed with the combination of events in the 8th inning.  Tella was obviously safe and I was really surprised CJP didn't come out to argue.  Then CJP brought Blatt in and I am still wondering why he did that.  I was hoping the announcer was wrong and Cochran-Gill was out there, but Blatt's delivery gave it away.  We're down by 1 and had more hits than any SEC game I remember and we're just gonna throw the game away in the 8th?

We are a better team and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we come back to win these next 2 games.  No doubt this loss is disappointing, but like the loss last Friday against MSU we can make everyone forget about the loss by winning the next 2.

Archived