Auburn vs UGA Game 1

Funny, i've watched every single auburn home game on this feed that i haven't been able to see in person, it finally gets sticked and boom it doesn't work on most browsers, chrome and safari.

WOW...that was interesting...right in the middle of an inning I get a message telling me the "link" does not exist or can not be accessed.  Wonder what that's all about?  Bases were loaded and a slow ball grounded to shortstop and the screen went blank.  What happened?

I had no idea Auburn was leading the SEC

The Auburn baseball team, which is tied for sixth place in the Southeastern Conference standings with nine games remaining, faces a pivotal weekend as it travels to Athens, Ga., to take on Georgia this weekend. Game times for the series are 6pm CT on Friday, 3pm on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday. Friday's game will air live on SportSouth while Saturday will air live on CSS.

Auburn is 25-19, 10-11 SEC while Georgia is 25-20, 9-12 SEC.

PITCHING MATCHUPS

FRIDAY, MAY 4 • 6PM CT • FOLEY FIELD • WKKR-FM 97.7 • AUBURNTIGERS.COM LIVE AUDIO • SPORTSOUTH/ESPN3.COM

RHP Jon Luke Jacobs (5-1, 3.21) vs. LHP Alex Wood (5-1, 2.69)

SATURDAY, MAY 5 • 3PM CT • FOLEY FIELD • WKKR-FM 97.7 • AUBURNTIGERS.COM LIVE AUDIO • CSS

LHP Daniel Koger (3-4, 2.67) vs. RHP Michael Palazzone (2-5, 5.40)

SUNDAY, MAY 6 • 1PM CT • FOLEY FIELD • WKKR-FM 97.7 • AUBURNTIGERS.COM LIVE AUDIO

TBA vs. RHP Luke Crumely (1-2, 4.44)

Auburn is the top hitting team in the SEC, ranking first in team average (.318), on base percentage (.404), hits (474), triples (17), walks (185) and stolen bases (80) and is second in doubles. The team batting average is eighth nationally entering the week.

Leading the way for the Auburn offense is Ryan Tella, who enters the weekend among the SEC leaders in batting average (.376, third), slugging percentage (.535, 1th), on base percentage (.473, second), hits (64, fourth), triples (2, tied-ninth), total bases (91, ninth), walks (30, seventh) and steals (12, tied-third). He is one of seven regulars to hit over .300 this season, with Cullen Wacker (.359) and Blake Austin (.355), the reigning SEC Player of the Week, also hitting over .350.

I'm not surprised.  I've thought all season that if Auburn had a consistent pair of home run hitters we'd see them in the top ten but right now we only see them leaving runners on base more than anything.  On the bright side this team can just about hit any pitcher put on them mound which means they can pretty much win a series against anyone one during a hot streak...IMO

due to the Hawks playoff game. The game will air at 10 PM CT on sportsouth after the Hawks game.

The team can definitely hit but they give away too many runs with base-running problems, failed sacrifice execution, etc.   

Guess it depends on which team shows up at Athens....they guys who played Bama or the ones who played LSU and Ole Miss earlier in the season.

Slugging percentage is a better indicator of runs scored (we're 3rd in that category), but the fact that we lead the league in Average and on base percentage, but we're only 5th in runs scored tells me we give to many outs away whether its base-running mistakes or sacrifice bunts.  Our run total does not match out hitting level and that is disappointing.

Still can have a great weekend and finish the SEC strong, lets take 2 from UGA.

right now on sportsouth... at least in Auburn. Apparently they listened to me when I called and asked their programming department to sow the AU game since the Hawks game was available on espn. Mods Delete the tape delayed thread i created. I do not see the option to delete self created threads any more or i would do it.

Boy...full speed collision in CF...saved a run but both guys on the ground and hurting.

Tella still hurting some...Wacker turned up side down....but headed for dug out.   a bit of a delay to let the AU guys get their bearings.

I just tuned in to see Glevenyak make an error.....then Tella and Wacker collided while going full speed in the outfield and they both went down. But Wacker managed to hold on to the ball and got the out.

AU's D a bit shakey and we ran outselves into an out.  But the big problem is that the UGa lefty pretty much owns our left handed hitters.. He is closing in on 10 SOs already.  JLJ.....can he make it past the next inning...that's the big question.

Top of 6th  UGa 1-AU 0

two out single ties the game.

JLJ needs to hold on to his good stuff for at least one more inning...And CJP pulls him out, so I guess not. Slade Smith in now to relieve JLJ.

Nope...he's gone...it's like he's programmed or something but at least JP did not wait until the roof caved in before making a change.

Archived