Interesting UAT comittment...

rockfordpi

That was a joke, slow down before you hurt yourself.

Sorry,  :laugh: Like Sheldon on Big Bang theory, I sometimes miss the sarcasm.

You are right, I need to SLOW down, doing WAY too many things at once here.

That was a joke, slow down before you hurt yourself.

Sorry,  :laugh: Like Sheldon on Big Bang theory, I sometimes miss the sarcasm.

You are right, I need to SLOW down, doing WAY too many things at once here.

That one is on me, I should have put it all in yellow. My fault.

May UAT is starting to drop their high standard. Either that or they ran out of money to offer another 4 or 5 star recruit. So while their printing out more cash, they went on ahead took this kid.

Well if they were paying the others and got Arie for free, they got a bargain.

Did you put that word in the sentence on purpose or by mistake?

No, the IF implies that I do not know for sure.

IF is because Nobody has yet produced any hard evidence to prove same (beyond that silly "where there is smoke their is fire cliche") and the only place I have heard that is on the Internet sites of rival fans (who are not always the most objective people when it comes to hated rival schools). Actually, they say on their sites they say we do that.

That said, IF is also because I do not not know no for sure that they are NOT paying players. Just because I can't prove they are not paying players, doesn't mean that they are not paying players.

Tom Al-Betar says hi.

I certainly don't know for a fact that bama is cheating to get players.  All I ask is that they go through the same scrutiny we did by the NCAA to prove their innocence. 

There is certainly as much or more "smoke" than we had, they're just fortunate to not have to deal with their rivals controlling the media in the state.

I certainly don't know for a fact that bama is cheating to get players.  All I ask is that they go through the same scrutiny we did by the NCAA to prove their innocence. 

There is certainly as much or more "smoke" than we had, they're just fortunate to not have to deal with their rivals controlling the media in the state.

I agree 100% with most of what you said, What AU had to face with the Cam Newton deal was a travesty by the media. They hyped and sensationalized a story to sell papers and increase viewers/listeners.  Nobody should be treated that way, not AU, not USC, not UT, not OSU, not UNC, not even UAT.

However, remember, PF was on ESPN defending Cam until the end, or near end, of the season. He did not jump ship until after AU was in the NC game. He needed AU in the NC to keep his audience tuned in. AU NC game was great for his show. Then, after we won it and he had nothing to gain by us doing well, he went after Cam (and tried to make a gain that way).

It is all about ratings and money and I think the kind of hyping and sensationalizing that PF, ESPN, CNN, FOX, etc., are doing is a disservice to the population.  That is what happens when they have to fill 24 hours of news, sports, and weather, with all the competition for listeners, readers, and viewers (and advertising money) we now have.

The news, sports, and weather has abandoned the goal of simply providing accurate and unbiased information to its constituency in favor of ENTERTAINING its constituency.

Ok, enough of my soap box

I would LOVE to see several schools go through the intense investigation we went through to prove their innocence.  There are some shady boosters behind lots of schools that would never pass the sniff test if the NCAA started probing around a program. 

bama got popped last time because an out of state paper (TN)  F O R C E D  the facts out in the open for all to see and that is what it will take again for justice to return. The AL press had to at least acknowledge the "claim" to avoid looking foolish. The turds always cracked on Phats like he was in the wrong for reporting the facts LOL ! I don't think there is a writer in the AL press that has the right combination of guts & journalistic integrity to report bama's misdeeds.

War Eagle !

So, al.com states that he's rated as a 3 Star per 247 (everyone should know that there's a reason why he's rated so highly there, as compared to Rivals' No Ranking).

Now, Rivals has him with offers from LSU, MSU and Louisville...along with a handful of small D1 schools and some D1AA (or whatever they're called now). Scout has him with "offers" from Florida, Clemson, Kentucky and South Carolina.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Paige-123460;_ylt=AobyCtY1X5NR7w5o_v0aTXw_rJB4

$5 says that he'll either be the first one off the board once they get more than the alotted 25 commitments or he'll become a "4 Star" in the final rankings.

"The reason why I decided to commit to them is they'll stick with me..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So, al.com states that he's rated as a 3 Star per 247 (everyone should know that there's a reason why he's rated so highly there, as compared to Rivals' No Ranking).

Now, Rivals has him with offers from LSU, MSU and Louisville...along with a handful of small D1 schools and some D1AA (or whatever they're called now). Scout has him with "offers" from Florida, Clemson, Kentucky and South Carolina.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Paige-123460;_ylt=AobyCtY1X5NR7w5o_v0aTXw_rJB4

$5 says that he'll either be the first one off the board once they get more than the alotted 25 commitments or he'll become a "4 Star" in the final rankings.

"The reason why I decided to commit to them is they'll stick with me..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If he's got offers from LSU & UAT then the kid can't be too bad.  I guarantee you there will be a lot of other big schools looking at him soon.

I just read the article and saw the quote that he committed to Bama because "they'll stick with me." Apparently he's never read the news about Darius Philon down in Mobile or the Taylor kid in Georgia. Yeah, kid, they'll stick with you---as long as no one better comes along, then you'll be asked to Grey shirt. I hope your parents have money.

It also found it interesting that the al.com article stated that this kid chose Bama over offers from UConn and KY. Wouldn't you think it would have looked better for this kid for the article to have stated that he chose Bama over offers from LSU and TN?

Wouldn't you think it would have looked better for this kid for the article to have stated that he chose Bama over offers from LSU and TN?

I don't think they had those offers from LSU and TN listed for him when he committed to bama.

Wouldn't you think it would have looked better for this kid for the article to have stated that he chose Bama over offers from LSU and TN?

I don't think they had those offers from LSU and TN listed for him when he committed to bama.

No, he did not, that was my original point and what prompted me to start this thread.

No, he did not, that was my original point and what prompted me to start this thread.

Is the kid worth AU coaches taking a look at him?  If uat/lsu/uk/uconn are giving him a look he must have something to offer.

He offers the chance to say - "Hey look, we didnt kick the 3* to the curb". Not to mention look at the kids size - Honestly I think that is what  :devil: sees in this kid.

All kidding aside, this kid's comment about UAT sticking with him is absolutely bizarre. Not to sound callous but at this point I don't think I'll feel bad for the next kid that gets screwed on NSD by Alabama, they should all know its a one-sided gamble.

All kidding aside, this kid's comment about UAT sticking with him is absolutely bizarre. Not to sound callous but at this point I don't think I'll feel bad for the next kid that gets screwed on NSD by Alabama, they should all know its a one-sided gamble.

What are the odds a kid that commits to bama gets disappointed by Nick's ethics in a painful way somewhere down the line?

Archived