2013 4* DT Kelsey Griffin (South Carolina signee)

Cam2Newton1

Apparently Kelsey griffin just named his top 5, AU is in it. He also named a leader, does anyone know who it is?

More than likely a back up plan

Do you know who his leader is????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Kelsey griffin just named his top 5, AU is in it. He also named a leader, does anyone know who it is?

Do you know who his leader is????

UGA I think. But I'm just saying he isn't at the top of our board at DT

If the stars and the planets align with all the other higher rank recruits then yes he would be a fall back

If the stars and the planets align with all the other higher rank recruits then yes he would be a fall back

Wait a minute...the moon's gotta be in there somewhere!

Wait a minute...the moon's gotta be in there somewhere!

Well you have a point, it has to be aligned as well.  The coaching staff is still recruiting KG so who knows what will happen.

Not sure I feel about giving two special team players a scholarship when we only have 17-20 spots available and on the flip side not taking several of the top national defensive tackle talent because of limited scholarships to offer this year.

Not sure I feel about giving two special team players a scholarship when we only have 17-20 spots available and on the flip side not taking several of the top national defensive tackle talent because of limited scholarships to offer this year.

not to be off topic, I see where you are comming from but kickers/punters can make or break a game or ten.

You will see this coaching staff sign kickers/punters every 2/3 years or so.... just depends on how it works out. If the coaches feel getting two of the top kickers this year is the right thing to do I would go with the coaches

not to be off topic, I see where you are comming from but kickers/punters can make or break a game or ten.

Just ask FSU (wide left and then wide right) and bama last year vs LSU at home.

Or Oregon vs USC, or Boise St vs Nevada year before last.

I think the staff is going to concentrate on specific needs and once those are filled, fill the rest of the roster with quality depth. Even the staff has an idea of what they WANT but it's still a fluid situation. I'd say 3-5 DL.

A rhetorical question to you all:  If you could get Kelsey Griffin, TaShawn Bowers, DeMarcus Walker, alomg with M Adams, and lets throw in Foster, Ngakuoe, Trey Matthews, and Mustafaa, would you sacrifice a slot from, say, RB, or WR, or OL, or even DB??  Think about it!!

Not sure I completely follow but if  we got all of those for just say "one slot" at ol, then yes. But I think you mean sacrificing an entire class of ol or rb or wr--then no. We are only as strong as our weakest linc and regardless of the position, that weakness eventually glares.

It is not a given we sign 17-20. BMatt for example has us signing 23.

At this point with known attrition and graduation how many schollys do we have?

I realize there may be more attrition as the year progresses.

At this point with known attrition and graduation how many schollys do we have?

I realize there may be more attrition as the year progresses.

Well based on the commitments we have the smart arse answer is at least 14. ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Word is spreading among the Pups that Griffin has committed to the Dawgs.

At 2011 Dawg Nite they received commits from 2 5-stars & 2 4-stars. Reuben was a lead balloon for the 2012 event- UGA will prolly get a couple of commits this weekend-

At 2011 Dawg Nite they received commits from 2 5-stars & 2 4-stars. Reuben was a lead balloon for the 2012 event- UGA will prolly get a couple of commits this weekend-

Lead balloon you say... interesting.  :P

...b/c Monty is an Auburn Tiger!

Don't think they had much of a shot with Monty in the first place.

...b/c Monty is an Auburn Tiger!

Don't think they had much of a shot with Monty in the first place.

^This^...They were never much of a player or one of his favorites

• 2 months later...

Kelsey committed to Georgia on Friday but is back on the market because the dawgs did not accept his commitment.

hmmmm, very interesting. B)

Don't get your hopes up because he will not be attending Auburn University.

Archived