Running Back Dominos

aupops2

JMO but if there is anything to the JR transcript problem that would prevent him from playing at AU our problems will be much bigger than just losing a good RB prospect.

We might lose him for the season if it turns out he does not qualify but there is no indication that AU would be penalized.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO but if there is anything to the JR transcript problem that would prevent him from playing at AU our problems will be much bigger than just losing a good RB prospect.

We might lose him for the season if it turns out he does not qualify but there is no indication that AU would be penalized.

Hopefully he will just have to go to a prep school, worst case scenario. We are pretty stout at RB at the moment IMO. JR would be a huge help, but it is what it is right now.

I think it's going to get very interesting in RB recruiting starting now. The Jovan thing could change everything. That whole thing came to a head because of the unrelenting efforts of a po'd utk booster, who was determined to get dirt on JR somehow. First, it was the car, then the grades. Don't forget where Jordan Wilkins plays his high school ball, even though he is in a private school, it's still the Memphis area. I'm definitely not implying there is anything going on there, but Wilkins could have a target on his back too. I think there is an outside chance, although slight at this time, that we could be going hard for both Green and Bryant, and if we could pull that off, wouldn't that be something? Don't forget, one of the good things about Bryant is we could get a very good OL teammate with him. Popcorn time!!

Seems to me that IF we could get both, we should. Unlikely, b/c I doubt either kid wants to "share", but one of them is a legit 5* and the other very well could be one soon. I don't think we turn down players of this caliber.

I think it's going to get very interesting in RB recruiting starting now. The Jovan thing could change everything. That whole thing came to a head because of the unrelenting efforts of a po'd utk booster, who was determined to get dirt on JR somehow. First, it was the car, then the grades. Don't forget where Jordan Wilkins plays his high school ball, even though he is in a private school, it's still the Memphis area. I'm definitely not implying there is anything going on there, but Wilkins could have a target on his back too. I think there is an outside chance, although slight at this time, that we could be going hard for both Green and Bryant, and if we could pull that off, wouldn't that be something? Don't forget, one of the good things about Bryant is we could get a very good OL teammate with him. Popcorn time!!

Send me a message if you can. I tried sending you one but it would not go through.

I think there is an outside chance, although slight at this time, that we could be going hard for both Green and Bryant, and if we could pull that off, wouldn't that be something? Don't forget, one of the good things about Bryant is we could get a very good OL teammate with him. Popcorn time!!

I would love to see that. As much as Green is a stud, after watching Bryant's film I wonder if he doesn't have an even higher ceiling. The guy has great quicks and balance for someone his size.

First, it was the car, then the grades. Don't forget where Jordan Wilkins plays his high school ball, even though he is in a private school, it's still the Memphis area. I'm definitely not implying there is anything going on there, but Wilkins could have a target on his back too.

The difference is that Jovon Robinson did in fact have terrible grades. The grade thing wasn't some BS hit-piece; he legitimately had piss-poor grades and they were in fact changed. I was hearing that he'd be a JUCO before he ever committed to Auburn.

First, it was the car, then the grades. Don't forget where Jordan Wilkins plays his high school ball, even though he is in a private school, it's still the Memphis area. I'm definitely not implying there is anything going on there, but Wilkins could have a target on his back too.

The difference is that Jovon Robinson did in fact have terrible grades. The grade thing wasn't some BS hit-piece; he legitimately had piss-poor grades and they were in fact changed. I was hearing that he'd be a JUCO before he ever committed to Auburn.

Don't doubt that at all, but this makes me wonder: If, indeed, it is widespread knowledge that his grades were so bad, why were we so gullible to accept his transcript. Goodness knows, after all we've been through, we'd be more careful.

Don't doubt that at all, but this makes me wonder: If, indeed, it is widespread knowledge that his grades were so bad, why were we so gullible to accept his transcript. Goodness knows, after all we've been through, we'd be more careful.

I'm not buying it. Vandy was recruiting JR pretty hard.

Ellitor, what are our chances of getting either Green or Bryant?

Not E, but Green is on campus right now. We may know more soon!

:we:

Not yet. he is enroute from Athens. He should arrive around 7PM now.

Either or?.....VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOD. We may have 1 as early as next Saturday.

Not E, but Green is on campus right now. We may know more soon!

:we:

Not yet. he is enroute from Athens. He should arrive around 7PM now.

:-[ Sorry, you're right. I should've said he's on his way to campus right now.

Either or?.....VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOD. We may have 1 as early as next Saturday.

ell,i still say that if we can get both,we should.....remember when caddy,ronnie,and butler were all injured and we had to start 4th string tre smith against the turds?....if we are going to a WC type offense,there will be plenty of carries and catches for all three

ell,i still say that if we can get both,we should.....remember when caddy,ronnie,and butler were all injured and we had to start 4th string tre smith against the turds?....if we are going to a WC type offense,there will be plenty of carries and catches for all three

Both might be an option but right now the chances are very very remote.

Sorry, but you have to look at things from the recruits' eyes. They want playing time and carries. They look at depth. These two are big time RB prospects. IF Green commits next week, Bryant will cross us off his list and look elsewhere.

J C Shurburtt just tweeted that he feels if we get Derrick Green, Greg Bryant will go to the dawgs.

J C Shurburtt just tweeted that he feels if we get Derrick Green, Greg Bryant will go to the dawgs.

If that happens GA has a stacked backfield as well with young talent. Interesting.

War Eagle !

If that happens GA has a stacked backfield as well with young talent. Interesting.

War Eagle !

They have 6 slots left. If we get Green I expect them to take both Bryant and Kamara.

No disrespect to they guys currently in the backfield, but none of them, save Omac, has shown that can do anything yet. Tons of promise, but we wont know for a while. I think young backs that are hoping to play on sundays, would benefit from splitting duties. Just look at poor Lattimore, one of the best backs in a decade and he's gonna be trashed by the time he makes it to the NFL

Green, Bryant...just say'n

No disrespect to they guys currently in the backfield, but none of them, save Omac, has shown that can do anything yet. Tons of promise, but we wont know for a while. I think young backs that are hoping to play on sundays, would benefit from splitting duties. Just look at poor Lattimore, one of the best backs in a decade and he's gonna be trashed by the time he makes it to the NFL

Did you watch Mason last year? He does not have to prove much to me.

Did you watch Mason last year? He does not have to prove much to me.

I agree with you. Mason showed he cold play last year and he had a nice bowl game.

Archived