Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Pops

I agree with everything you said with the exception of Borges being a great recruiter. I really like Al, but i don't ever recall a big time recruit mention Al and/or his O when coming to Auburn. Great guy, but I suspect other coaches are selling his O for him or his success in 2004 when surrounded by talent : he knows how to use it. He is a great guy and I will always be grateful for what he did for us while at Auburn.

War Eagle !

I agree 100%, but the key to success for those who wish not to take all the credit themselves is to surround themselves with the best talent available.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pops u hit this one on the head.  The AU coaches consider Bryant the best back and Green gives us leverage  on Bryant.  I do believe we still get Bryant no matter if Green goes to UM or not.   

Rival mod still confident that Bryant will commit on tues or wed regardless of what green does.

First thing Bryant needs to do post-commitment: give Crowder a call and tell him to come block for him at AU!

I'm a big fan of both, and honestly I think any difference that is there is pretty insignificant. Both are elite backs, and either would tickle me silly...but if I had to choose, I'd take Bryant.

Rival mod still confident that Bryant will commit on tues or wed regardless of what green does.

I hope JLee is right for once.

Green appears to be a more powerful and quicker runningback. I give it to Bryant because he is very elusive, but I'd rather take a stronger runningback.

Green appears to be a more powerful and quicker runningback. I give it to Bryant because he is very elusive, but I'd rather take a stronger runningback.

We must be watching different Backs. I see Bryant as the much stronger runner while DG is big he uses more elusive moves rather than running people slap over like Bryant does at times.

We must be watching different Backs. I see Bryant as the much stronger runner while DG is big he uses more elusive moves rather than running people slap over like Bryant does at times.

I don't know.. Green  always falls forward and from what I have seen he is the one to truck people. He does have like 20 pounds on Bryant also. His legs appear to churn faster also.

I don't know.. Green  always falls forward and from what I have seen he is the one to truck people. He does have like 20 pounds on Bryant also. His legs appear to churn faster also.

Don't think he has 20 on GB. I think Scout has it right with GB at 220.

There isn't much that Scout has right..  :laugh:

If that is true though, I won't feel as bad if we end up getting Bryant instead of Green.  ;D

Edit: Scout has Bryant at 205 and Green at 220. Still about 15 pounds. Scout has Bryant's 40 at 4.56 which is not that fast for a runningback honestly.. Green's 40 on ESPN is listed at 4.31.

I agree. Bryant runs like the bigger back. Green doesn't break the same tackles that Bryant does and avoids contact despite being the bigger back.  I think that Bryant is better hands down.  Just another opinion though.

If that is true though, I won't feel as bad if we end up getting Bryant instead of Green.  ;D

Edit: Scout has Bryant at 205 and Green at 220. Still about 15 pounds. Scout has Bryant's 40 at 4.56 which is not that fast for a runningback honestly.. Green's 40 on ESPN is listed at 4.31.

Thats a recent change. They had Bryant at 220 while everybody else had him at 195.

Thats a recent change. They had Bryant at 220 while everybody else had him at 195.

What really matters to me is how big they are when they're playing at Auburn. Green can add like 10-15 more ponds to him, as well as Bryant. Bryant looks more around the 200lb mark, maybe to 205. I can see him peaking at 220 in college, but I can see Green going in the 230's.

4.56 is not fast for a RB? Are you serious? You should have posted that in yellow.

4.56 is not fast for a RB? Are you serious? You should have posted that in yellow.

I'd expect a runningback to be going in the 4.4's.

Absolutely I expect a typical RB to be faster than 4.56.

What really matters to me is how big they are when they're playing at Auburn. Green can add like 10-15 more ponds to him, as well as Bryant. Bryant looks more around the 200lb mark, maybe to 205. I can see him peaking at 220 in college, but I can see Green going in the 230's.

With DG's natural fluid running ability you do not want him at 240. That will likely slow him a bit.

There is a thin line between expectations and reality. You would be surprised how many of these backs actually run 4.3s and 4.4s. 4.5 is actually considered sprinter speed.

Archived