Running Back Dominos

aupops2

So at this point is it safe to assume Greg Bryant is our 1a, while Derrick Green is our 1b?

It's basicly whoever commits first.

this^^^

This is true but just to comment on this. Y'all know I am in Virginia and have seen these players. Just as I said months ago that Jonathan Allen, the 'bama commit out of Ashburn Va who was being hyped in rankings, was not close to being as good as Carl Lawson, I will say this about the RBs. Derrick Green from Richmond Va, who I have also seen play, is an absolute stud and is one of the meanest most punishing running backs I have seen for his age. I hope we get him. 

I would honestly prefer to get him as well. As I said before, he reminds me of McFadden, and I'd love to have a RB like him.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMatt said Derrick Green may want to make a decision before his senior year. Looks like it will be an interesting race between GB and DG now on who gets our last RB spot.

BMatt said Derrick Green may want to make a decision before his senior year. Looks like it will be an interesting race between GB and DG now on who gets our last RB spot.

You make it sound like they are competing against each other for that spot. Is that what you meant, and if so, why hasn't one already committed?

It should be decided by Wednesday, if not Monday.

You make it sound like they are competing against each other for that spot. Is that what you meant, and if so, why hasn't one already committed?

1. It is looking like that is a possibility and 2 Good question. DG possibly wanting to decide for his senior season is a surprise. He had always said he would decide on or near NSD.

1. It is looking like that is a possibility and 2 Good question. DG possibly wanting to decide for his senior season is a surprise. He had always said he would decide on or near NSD.

That is a huge surprise and I almost don't believe it. He's interested in numerous schools..

I think that bodes well for us. I would take either, but I love the way DG runs the ball. Always falling forward and runs behind his pads.

How soon for dg decision?

Sometime before his senior season according to BMatt (August), but if not then, it will be near signing day most likely.

How soon for dg decision?

Sometime before his senior season according to BMatt (August), but if not then, it will be near signing day most likely.

I would be shocked if he made a decision that soon. He has many visits to make before I figure he makes a decision.

A commit from Green next week after the recent Foster flip it is going to send a great message to other top recruits.

It is also going to frustrate the hell out of our haters given all their efforts to sink us at every turn.

War Eagle !

Hope he makes decision before bryant would love to get DG..

Can't go wrong with either one.

I don't think they are exactly competing against each other, it's just that both are weighing the options about who they want to play for. If either one decides on Auburn and commits, then the other will just be out of luck. If neither decides on Auburn, I think we stick with Wilkins.

Sounds a lot like Derrick Green to Michigan. Everyone seems to think he may commit tomorrow. A bit of surprise

Sounds a lot like Derrick Green to Michigan. Everyone seems to think he may commit tomorrow. A bit of surprise

Haven't heard anything about this!

That's basically what Mike Farrel has been tweeted all night....I guess Mike is at Mich this weekend and is hoping for the exclusive

That's basically what Mike Farrel has been tweeted all night....I guess Mike is at Mich this weekend and is hoping for the exclusive

Those tweets don't really make me think he is going to commit to Michigan IMO.

Mike Farrell's tweets:

Derrick Green's visit to #Michigan must have gone/been going very very well.

9:53 pm

Derrick has always said no when asked if he's thinking about committing. First time I got an "idk" answer--#Michigan impressing clearly.

10:02 pm

I don't see him committing to #Auburn on #Michigan campus "@KookAU: @rivalsmike dont assume it's Michigan ;)"

10:07 pm

Green meets w Hoke one more time Sunday before leaving. Not the kind of kid I expected to commit on visit so would be impressive if he did.

10:09 pm

Green is hanging with Denard Robinson as I type, a great closer for #Michigan so it will be interesting

10:16 pm

I have been concerned about this trip for sometime, because UM is an impressive place to visit; tradition, the Big House, great campus.  And Hoke and Borges are apparently becoming great recruiters.  I really, really hope he doesn't commit on his visit, because we need Bryant to feel the heat to decommit and move to us.  It has been said by more than one Auburn recruiter that Bryant is the best back in this class, and we need this kid onboard.  The longer he waits to make a move, the longer our chances are.

Pops

I agree with everything you said with the exception of Borges being a great recruiter. I really like Al, but i don't ever recall a big time recruit mention Al and/or his O when coming to Auburn. Great guy, but I suspect other coaches are selling his O for him or his success in 2004 when surrounded by talent : he knows how to use it. He is a great guy and I will always be grateful for what he did for us while at Auburn.

War Eagle !

Archived