Night games

AUFan21

Do we know what games are going to be night games yet? I checked the auburn website and all say TBA. Didn't know if anyone had insider info. Wife wants to go to a game, but she will be 7-8 months pregnant so a day game is out of the question cause of the heat. thanks.

Most likely wont know till the season gets closer because of TV contracts and all.

That is what I am afraid of...was hoping Louisiana-Monroe would be cause I can get CHEAP tickets on stubhub right now for that game.

Most likely wont know till the season gets closer because of TV contracts and all.

That is what I am afraid of...was hoping Louisiana-Monroe would be cause I can get CHEAP tickets on stubhub right now for that game.

That seems unlikely to me. Those soft non-conference games usually are last priority for TV, and thus are usually relegated to noon/afternoon.

Since it is our first home game of the year, I think you have a decent chance of it being a night game. If it was later on in the year I would say it looks like an 11am game. But then again it is just my speculation. I hope we have some night games, there weren't enough last year.

Everything with the SEC scheduling revolves around the CBS game. Cbs contract with SEC has a rule that states all other SEC games must start 3 hours before or 3 and 1/2 hours after the start of the CBS SEC games. CBS wants no SEC games on while their game is playing. With that said if you guys want I can look at the schedule and project what I think is the start times for the games?

Just looking at the schedule, there's a decent chance that the MSU game will be 11:30 am. Florida plays @ A&M and Georgia plays @ Missouri that day as well and since there is no CBS game until week 3, those games are likely to be ESPN night games unless ABC snags it.

LSU will more than likely be a 2:30 CBS as it is the only big game that day - South Carolina vs. Mizzou being the only other "big" matchup that day.

The Arkansas game is going to be tricky because LSU vs. UF is that day as well as UGA vs. USC. That will probably depend on who is ranked and relevant at the time as far as being selected for CBS or ESPN.

Both Ole Miss and Vandy will likely be ESPN2 or 11:30 games because of the other matchups those days.

Auburn vs. A&M will definitely be an ESPN night game since UF vs. UGA is that day and that game has already been selected as 2:30 CBS.

UGA game will be a question mark because UAT vs A&M is that day. It will likely be either 2:30 CBS or ESPN 6:30.

Just off the top of my head.

Ryan

Archived