MARLINS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiger88

The only brightside to not being able to watch the end of the AU game is watching Josh Beckett complete a shutout to clinch the world series in NY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The marlins are my temporary favorite team. Man they are full of freaking guts. They held on for two tough wins in 4 and 5 and then shut them out on their home field in 6!

Josh Beckett just had one of the most masterful pitching performances in WS history!!!!!

Congratulations Marlins!!!!!!!!

AHHH........ Finally something good happens in sports today!!!!! Down with the evil empire.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

We know pcola you have a big chip on your shoulder about baseball players being rich. Good for you.

You certainly won't rain on my parade for this one and shame on you for trying. Why not just let a celebratory thread run its course without trying to poop all over it?????????

Like it or not the Marlins did an awesome job in beating " the best team money can buy" and it was an awesome series!!!!!!!!!!!!

The marlins played their hearts out and deserve congratulations!

TT and pcola you guys are hilarious. Does it really bother you that much that some people are trying to enjoy this. Geeze if I came in with a yawn everytime either one of you was in a discussion that I found boring I would be called the post paddingest fool in the world.

We know pcola you have a big chip on your shoulder about baseball players being rich. Good for you

What's funny about that T88, is the Marlins have one of the smallest salaries in baseball, if not the smallest. I think they even fired their coach during the season didn't they. It's good to see the good guys win every now and then, even if it's not my sport.

We know pcola you have a big chip on your shoulder about baseball players being rich. Good for you

What's funny about that T88, is the Marlins have one of the smallest salaries in baseball, if not the smallest. I think they even fired their coach during the season didn't they. It's good to see the good guys win every now and then, even if it's not my sport.

Yeah their salaries are about 1/3 of the yanks.

I think the yanks will do some big re tooling in the off season. They will probably go out and try to get as many of the marlins as possible! :lol: :roll:

Seriously though I know pudge is a free agent, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the yanks go after him.

To me seeing the Marlins beat a team like this the way they did is just awesome. Give all those guys a raise! They were not even a tiny bit intimidated by the yanks. Juan Pierre, Pudge, Beckett, Pavano, that 20 year old dude :huh: , and several others just had an awesome series against the biggest payroll and egotistical owner in baseball.

TT and pcola you guys are hilarious. Does it really bother you that much that some people are trying to enjoy this. Geeze if I came in with a yawn everytime either one of you was in a discussion that I found boring I would be called the post paddingest fool in the world.

Well, if I did it every time there was a discussion I found boring, I'd say you're right. But since I don't...

And anyway, watching Auburn get pounded tonight put me in a worse mood about the WS than I already was in.

Well, if I did it every time there was a discussion I found boring, I'd say you're right. But since I don't...

And anyway, watching Auburn get pounded tonight put me in a worse mood about the WS than I already was in.

I guess I can empathize with you on this one.

Just curious, do you hate all pro sports or just baseball?

No. I like baseball, I just don't like the current revenue structure. I've pulled for the Braves since I was little (WAY before they started winning...I liked them when they sucked every year). I also like the Red Sox and Cubs.

I don't like the NBA at all.

I love the NFL. Not as much as college football, but I really enjoy it.

Man its hard for me to believe that someone who likes baseball as much as you do didn't get to enjoy this series. To each their own though. IMO you missed a real classic (I guess you figured that out by now :D ).

I'm with you on the nba. That should stand for nothing but attitude.

:yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:

We know pcola you have a big chip on your shoulder about baseball players being rich. Good for you.

You certainly won't rain on my parade for this one and shame on you for trying. Why not just let a celebratory thread run its course without trying to poop all over it?????????

Like it or not the Marlins did an awesome job in beating " the best team money can buy" and it was an awesome series!!!!!!!!!!!!

The marlins played their hearts out and deserve congratulations!

I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade. IF you enjoyed watching that, more power to you.... I have better things to do with my time.

I have no chip on my shoulder. I applaud them for being able to get paid HUGE amount of dollars to play a kids game... What i don't like is the constant complaining they do when another player signs a contract worth more than another said player. Its not that i don't like baseball.... I just prefer to watch people playing the game (college baseball is awesome) for the love of the game, not the paycheck they will receive afterwards... The current players/owners have ruined the game for me... Its not fun anymore.... Its not that I like or dislike the Marlins or anybody else...I SIMPLY DON'T CARE.....

I really don't care either. I am glad the marlins won though. I hate the yanks. I wish the braves would have beat the yanks in the ws.

WARR EAGLE

Archived