SI hires Peter Thamel

auburnphan

I haven't wasted my time reading that rag for several years now.  I will confess tho that I purchased the one which covered our National Championship.  I bought it for the cover only.

Well, this will make you all even happier!!  SI just hired Thayer Evans!!!

SI just went into the crapper for good. 

Well, this will make you all even happier!!  SI just hired Thayer Evans!!!

on the plus side, that is less money I'll spend. :laugh: The interview process must be a cakewalk is all I can say :beatmullet:

"Sir, are you breathing?

Yes.

Sign here."

Just saw a tweet congratulating THayer Evans being hired to Sports Illustrated, first Peter Thamel now this piece of trash.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A crappy sports writer to a crappy magazine-they were made for each other :zapbama:

anyone actually read SI? It's been garbage for ever now. Not sure why anyone would read it. They deserve each other. They will all sink SI together.

I read SI for a long time....starting when it first came out and really enjoyed it...but lost track over the years.  A couple years ago I thought it might make a good Christmas gift for my grand son who is a sports adict.  I looked over an issue in the local news stand and was stunned how crude it was.  Quickly realized how trashy it was an forgt that idea. 

The SI version on the web has some pretty good writers.  Wonder if they are going to work for the print issue?  Seems they have a full house of writers on the web now.  Strikes me as the last gasp for a dying publication.

My wife got me a subscrption when the kids had to sell a bunch of crap. I rarely read  one. I take them to work and leave them for anyone. And since Golf mag. canned david fehrety i dont like it as much. I hope si will impede their auburn hate war.

Just saw a tweet congratulating THayer Evans being hired to Sports Illustrated, first Peter Thamel now this piece of trash.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Don't forget Paul Finebaum writes for SI as well. Who's next, Scott Moore or Danny Sheridan? 

Archived