Around the Locker Room

DoubleX

Daren Bates on the "experts" predictions for Auburn to finish near the bottom of the SEC West:

“They said the same thing last year, they said we were going to win like four games or whatever,” senior linebacker Daren Bates said. “We don’t pay attention to that because we know what we can do, we know what type of athletes we have.”

T'sharvan Bell on the discipline of the younger players:

“You don’t have guys talking back, saying, ‘how you going to tell me to do something you’re not doing. We’ve got the leaders, and whoever’s not a leader’s been following.”

Bell on the increased amount of 7-on-7 drills this summer from last:

“We needed it. We’re going to be ahead of where the coaches expect us to be at this point. They were the best we’ve had since I’ve been here for sure.”

Nosa Eguae on the low expectations from the media:

“You see it, you hear it and everybody’s held to their own opinion, but at the same time, all games are won on the field. Nothing’s won in front of the TV cameras.”

Eguae on the situation in the trenches:

"It's about competition. That's what this is about. We haven't had this type of depth on the defensive line and offensive line since I've been here and since this coaching staff has been here."

"Last year, midseason we had three defensive ends. And this year, at the defensive end spot, there's six, seven or eight of us that can go out there and play. From a defensive end depth standpoint, nobody's going to be asked to play 35-40 plays. Everybody's going to be rolling, everybody's going to be fresh, and I'm looking forward to it. That brings out the best in everybody."

Travante Stallworth on fall practice:

"I'm ready. I've been at the house all week this week just thinking and just ready to go. It's been a long wait. I haven't had any classes the second mini-semester, so I'm ready to get started."

Stallworth on the summer's transition to a new offensive scheme:

"It went really well. We tried to install something every week because Coach (Scot) Loeffler told us at the end of the spring that when we picked it back up during fall camp, it's going to move fast. We were just trying to get out there with the quarterbacks and trying to get timing down and just learning different routes and learning different concepts to be sure that we're ready for tomorrow."

Jeffrey Whitaker on starting fall camp:

"It's the first practice of a new season, and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm just excited about seeing some of the new guys, the freshmen coming in. Ready to move around, fly around a little bit. I'm looking forward to it."

Whitaker on the next two weeks' preparation:

"These two weeks are going to be very important everywhere around the whole college football nation. I think we've just got to continue to build on the pace we've been going. (We need to continue) being very attentive in meetings, and knowing when we get on the field to make the right calls, and shoot the right gaps."

Coach Gene Chizik on the Zeke Pike situation:

"Right now, he's at home and he'll remain there. We'll continue to evaluate that. We're in communication."

‘Even during our national championship year our offensive line didn’t look like our offensive line does now as far as speed and strength goes,” he says. “They’re just big, physical guys that can run.”’

Mr. Blake from http://auburn.scout.com/2/1206470.html

Great article or collection of quotes. Guess that answers the pike questions. Very excited to see how our defense will shape up.

‘Even during our national championship year our offensive line didn’t look like our offensive line does now as far as speed and strength goes,” he says. “They’re just big, physical guys that can run.”’

I thought that was one of our weak points in the spring game?

That is because of the time they put in the gym this summer doing this!

n4fe80e61e1b07.gif

n4fe80e61e1b07.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

J. Wallace's name has been mentioned a good bit today...by the other QBs. CGC had good things to say as well. He is Coach Leff's guy. This QB competition is going to bring out the best of them all. I hate Pike, Rose and Dyer made the choices they did, but it is going to bring the rest of the team together as AUBURN men to be led by the staff we have. I think this locker room is ready to prove something.

THIS is HUGE!  So good to hear that one of our team's concerns seems to be in a good spot according to those in the know.    :thumbsup:

I think this locker room is ready to prove something.

I think you're absolutely right!  We comin! 

We knew the O-Line had talent, now based on the comments on how big and strong they are we know they showed great work ethic in the weight room. Now it is time for them to gell as a unit.  Like many the O-line was one of my concerns.

Now I can't wait for the pads to come on as if they can hold their own against our D-Line then we will have something special as we already know we have potential for a great D-line

n4fe80e61e1b07.gif

POTY  :thumbsup:

Archived