The New HABOTN

Elephant Tipper

What the?  :dunno:

This. 

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

Thanks! RT @dmiller1856 @JayGTate Congrats on winning the great domain war of 2012. Phenomenal trolling of the former employer, good sir.

Separation clause for JT from MA most likely prohibits the name HABOTN from being associated with sports and its evaluation is my guess.  MA possibly retains rights to the other HABOTN. 

??WTH??

Tate's just showing his true colors, his effeminate side. You know, touchy feely, sensitive. I've always had my suspicions. After all, the guy's from Kentucky for Heaven's sake!

• 2 weeks later...

What the? :dunno:

This.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

Thanks! RT @dmiller1856 @JayGTate Congrats on winning the great domain war of 2012. Phenomenal trolling of the former employer, good sir.

Separation clause for JT from MA most likely prohibits the name HABOTN from being associated with sports and its evaluation is my guess. MA possibly retains rights to the other HABOTN.

Elephant Tipper, I have appreciated many of your posts. I also appreciated many of Jay Tate's. I understand this is a board where you can speak your mind, to some extent. But, I do not care for the flagrant demeaning of another person. If Tate pulled info from other sites, sources, you...and then summarized it...well, I enjoyed reading it and I appreciated his efforts. If you had the better ideas...well, wish you had taken the time to summarize and share. All I am asking is to treat any other person on these boards like you would like to be treated...except for maybe the bammers...I can kind of understand that separation.

My two cents.

I like Jay G. Tate. I do not know his situation or the circumstances surrounding his departure at MA. I do know that HABOTN was his idea, but he did not own the domain name. I can sympathize with his frustrations with his past employer. However, I do not understand the reasoning behind taking jabs at them with a public platform. His terms with AuburnSports.com must be excellent as those ghosts may come out of the closet if he or his current employer decide to move in a different direction. Everyone at some point has worked for someone that they wanted to "give a piece of my mind," but is it wise to do that publicly?

I think a lot of tares writing. I liked his insight and I feel he gives it to fans straight. I know the Advertiser is having a tough time money wise. They cut pay and furloughed writers. I do not blame jay for leaving. But I will not pay for any sight so I will miss tates coverage.

So that's why I can't read any of the articles!

I got to pay for that?

Not.

No, Jay Tate has left the Advertiser and moved to a pay site. They are still trying to get things organized at the Advertiser because Tate owned the web domain "HABOTN. You won't have to pay for the Advertiser's articles. If you want to read Jay Tate's stuff, you'll have to join the pay site.

This.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

Separation clause for JT from MA most likely prohibits the name HABOTN from being associated with sports and its evaluation is my guess. MA possibly retains rights to the other HABOTN.

Elephant Tipper, I have appreciated many of your posts. I also appreciated many of Jay Tate's. I understand this is a board where you can speak your mind, to some extent. But, I do not care for the flagrant demeaning of another person. If Tate pulled info from other sites, sources, you...and then summarized it...well, I enjoyed reading it and I appreciated his efforts. If you had the better ideas...well, wish you had taken the time to summarize and share. All I am asking is to treat any other person on these boards like you would like to be treated...except for maybe the bammers...I can kind of understand that separation.

My two cents.

Sorry, I don't follow. Did ET demean someone? If so, it went over my head.

This.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

My two cents.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

Thanks! RT @dmiller1856 @JayGTate Congrats on winning the great domain war of 2012. Phenomenal trolling of the former employer, good sir. This is a direct copy & paste from JT's or dmiller1856 Twitter. Not sure which. Sometimes I have difficulty with tweets and RTs. I did not interpret this as a negative. Am I wrong ? Please clarify.

Separation clause for JT from MA most likely prohibits the name HABOTN from being associated with sports and its evaluation is my guess. MA possibly retains rights to the other HABOTN. This was my speculation about why the name HABOTN is no longer being used for sports.

Am I missing something REInvestingTiger ? Not sure what you mean.

Thanks. And thanks AUBritt commenting otherwise I would not have been aware of REInvestingTiger's comment.

This.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

My two cents.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

Thanks! RT @dmiller1856 @JayGTate Congrats on winning the great domain war of 2012. Phenomenal trolling of the former employer, good sir. This is a direct copy & paste from JT's or dmiller1856 Twitter. Not sure which. Sometimes I have difficulty with tweets and RTs. I did not interpret this as a negative. Am I wrong ? Please clarify.

Separation clause for JT from MA most likely prohibits the name HABOTN from being associated with sports and its evaluation is my guess. MA possibly retains rights to the other HABOTN. This was my speculation about why the name HABOTN is no longer being used for sports.

Thanks. And thanks AUBritt commenting otherwise I would not have been aware of REInvestingTiger's comment.

You did nothing wrong IMO ET. You just keep bringing the great info, to us, that you always do. War Eagle sir!

This.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

My two cents.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

You did nothing wrong IMO ET. You just keep bringing the great info, to us, that you always do. War Eagle sir!

Thanks WE10. Communication through posts is very difficult at times, especially when I'm running on little sleep. Just hope to hear back from REITiger.

This.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

My two cents.

Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate

Thanks WE10. Communication through posts is very difficult at times, especially when I'm running on little sleep. Just hope to hear back from REITiger.

Miscommunication is my bet -- though I'm still trying to figure out where it happened. :dunno:

My understanding is that Jay G. Tate, personally, held the copyright to the term "HABOTN". Therefore the Montgomery Advertiser couldn't keep on using it.

As to the other stuff mentioned above, it's not in my yard.

As a member of HABOTN, I miss Jay G and his insights. The site is being treated as a stepchild by the MA. They have hired an Ohio State alum as the new beat hack. A once proud newspaper basically is printing two day old USA news, shrinking their coverage, and alienating a significant part of their traditional reader base. I really don't expect the paper to be around much longer without a major overhaul and renewed commitment.

My understanding is that Jay G. Tate, personally, held the copyright to the term "HABOTN". Therefore the Montgomery Advertiser couldn't keep on using it.

As to the other stuff mentioned above, it's not in my yard.

This is correct. As I said above, Tate held the rights to the name, HABOTN, but the MA owned the domain name, habotn.com. The MA did what they had to and changed the blogs name to Auburn Authority.

As a member of HABOTN, I miss Jay G and his insights. The site is being treated as a stepchild by the MA. They have hired an Ohio State alum as the new beat hack. A once proud newspaper basically is printing two day old USA news, shrinking their coverage, and alienating a significant part of their traditional reader base. I really don't expect the paper to be around much longer without a major overhaul and renewed commitment.

Haven't heard that. Who is he?

Archived