Notre Dame's uniforms for their matchup with Miami

BigSammyK

The uniform itself isn't horrible... It's the helmet that makes it downright unbearable for human eyes. It might be worse than the the Maryland Under Armour ones from last year... wait, nevermind... nothing is that bad.

So let me get this straight...You're Notre Dame. The only thing you have that keeps you relevant is your tradition. And you go and pull this move, so you can wade in the waters of Maryland and Boise with uniform gimmicks?

Really Notre Dame? Really?

I'm not an ND guy, but... I mean, they took away the Golden Dome?!? If I were a Notre Dame fan, I'd have to go to confessional for my anger.

So let me get this straight...You're Notre Dame. The only thing you have that keeps you relevant is your tradition. And you go and pull this move, so you can wade in the waters of Maryland and Boise with uniform gimmicks?

Really Notre Dame? Really?

This. The only thing they had going for then and they sell out.

See if I can catch some ND fans at the gym today and get their take on it. Majority of the ones I see with ND gear are usually shirts mentioning tradition.

I really wish Notre Dame football would sack up and join a conference...they aren't nationally or regionally relevant in terms of actually being a contender at anything other than losing in bowl games to teams that are above the level of "meh".

I really wish Notre Dame football would sack up and join a conference...they aren't nationally or regionally relevant in terms of actually being a contender at anything other than losing in bowl games to teams that are above the level of "meh".

LOL, tell Mike Golic that.

are they serious with this?! I can't tell if those threads are more like Vandy's or Navy's.. would hate to be compared to either

the game has passed them by, they're just trying to fit in somewhere at this point

As I mentioned to a coworker: It could be worse, they could just have numbers on the side of their helmets and ugly red jerseys. Seems like they're trying to pull a Missouri look.

This is what happens when you become irrelevant...gimicky if you ask me. And tell me again how this helps you score points or stop the other team from scoring points?

As I mentioned to a coworker: It could be worse, they could just have numbers on the side of their helmets and ugly red jerseys. Seems like they're trying to pull a Missouri look.

Ouch. :clap:

now that I think about it.. there is something about the traditional look of uniforms which makes the team look more formidable. ND and these uni's are a perfect match for eachother, they'll be joining the Pioneer conference before long. I love the new look!

Those look very vandyish. LOL. ND is trying anything to get some pub.

I cant believe they would go away from the navy and gold.........

I see the link and the photo, but it seems like a hoax. A team that is so into tradition they refuse to put in an artificial surface and would rather play in northern indiana mud in November, wants that kind of uniform? Unreal.

Bamzos commenting about ND has always cracked me up. Still butt hurt from Bear going 0-4 against Parseghian?

Most ND hate is a mix & match of the following:

Who do they think they are being offered a kazillion dollar TV contract by a major network and ACCEPTING it?

Who do they think they are accepting the offer to be in the BCS although they suck perenially

Who do they think they are getting more media coverage with 6 losses than most 1 loss teams (like Tiger Woods finishing 5th and getting the most coverage...it's his fault, right?)

Who do they think they are acting so high & mighty like they have a monopoly on morality & academics (check their avg entering ACT/SAT scores)

They're just so arogant! (describes 90% of college football fans)

Who do they think they are selling more fan memorabilia than any other college year afte year (got me there)

Who do they think they are staying independent and still making moeny hand over fist while the cool thing is to join mega conferences! (got me there)

fwiw, the helmet sucks IMHO and being more tradition-minded than the Pope, ND fans will probably boot it for all games (and their overrated HC) this season

Archived