Enough with the yellow text!!

tgr4lfe

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A warm welcome to the AE folks, but can you please revert back to black or even blue text?? Did y'all have a dark background or something? It is completely illegible on here, so I politely ask to NOT use the yellow. Thank you and....

WAR EAGLE!!!!

:nanner:

Yes...a blue background. Yellow font was the secret handshake for sarcasm...we picked yellow because it matched BigBird!

I miss the Bird and Golf show. No Bird, No Golf, no FUN.

Oh that is so sweet :OnTheCan: thank you so much 'icanthearyou' :-\

You're not a senile old grouch. You're just a sentimental old softy. :glare:

I'm both numnuts

We love you, golf!

We

Now that's an intelligent post britt

Glad you spied that, golf!

yep that almost went under my head....

Oh God, I think Britt is gonna be the new Bird.

really now???

I heard the Bird and Golf Show is becoming the Britt and Golf Hour. How come you always get second billing Golf?

I feel like I'm trying to read while sitting on the sun.

This white gives me a headache, I actually had to dampen down my bright/contrast settings just so I could read for more than a second or two, and it's still not good. This has to be the whitest white known to man.

Any updates on the blue background?

I don't mean to complain but I often come on here with a hangover - and the brightness of this board is hard on the eyes. I'm glad other options are in the works for us AE'ers.

^^^^^this.

It's just this: The idea of posting is to share ideas with the other folks on the board. Most will, like me, simply ignore something that's hard to read. The yellow text is hard to read. So, if you simply love to type and don't want anybody to read it, use the yellow text.

If you'd like to share thoughts, be courteous and use something that people can easily see.

What are yall talking about?

We are not talking about orange face masks, stadium expansion, or schedules. :tease:

dangit 34, we weren't suppose to mention orange face masks over here.

For those of you frustrated with the yellow text, just highlight the text with your mouse and it will turn blue and much easier to read.

NIce signature picture there Golf!

Thank you very much 76 I can tell you have class unlike WE10 and a few others

I have class coming out the wazoo. :whistle:

So we are calling it class instead of crap now? :dunno:

Well durn! :slapfh:

Well durn! :slapfh:

:OnTheCan: <--- Wazoo.

Secret decoder ring required:

http://sithpenguin.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Detect-Sarcasm

“If you think the person you are talking to is being sarcastic, you have the option to either blush and stop talking, change the subject, laugh at the sarcastic remark, express your thoughts on how the sarcasm affects your feelings (note: you should probably prepare yourself for more sarcasm with this option), or find someone else to talk to.”

or (on our forum, call out he poster as a bammer?)

Be polite

It'll all work out

Just one more -

My father was a master of subtle sarcasm. No wink/wink, etc.

Found it a useful gage of his audience (who noticed? who didn't?).

I've also had professors slip jokes past me that I didn't even catch 'til I was reviewing my class notes later on.

It is survivable.

This white gives me a headache, I actually had to dampen down my bright/contrast settings just so I could read for more than a second or two, and it's still not good. This has to be the whitest white known to man.

I love the yellow font because all I have to do is highlight it if I want to read it! If I want to ignore the person boom I don't highlight it. I did think we shoud move to white as the sarcfont

:bow:

I love the yellow font because all I have to do is highlight it if I want to read it! If I want to ignore the person boom I don't highlight it. I did think we shoud move to white as the sarcfont

The white text was funny for about 3 posts but it has already gotten old.

Can you read this text then ^^^

^This^

I, for one, hereby abjure it

Archived